Dominican Republic - Darryl Fornatora, 46, FL man missing, 28 Jan 2016

And if you look at the bills behind it some of them appear to have the same mark. Like something went through all of them. Like a bullet. But would his friend have brought a gun to the Dominican Republic?

would he have to *bring* one?

Where would Darryl be likely to be carrying a wallet? I'd be thinking in his jeans or shorts pocket. If all the cards are there and undamaged, motive not likely to be robbery?

CBS did their own investigating on what is being done to find Darryl, article from March 16:

CESTUR, the National Police and a local District Attorney each claim to have a leadership role in the investigation. Osvaldo Bonilla is the District Attorney leading the criminal investigation. He says the case remains active and open and they are "doing everything we can to bring Darryl home".

When asked if he believes Darryl is still alive, Bonilla said that it can't be proven that he is not alive and he is still hopeful. When asked about whether they have any evidence to believe Darryl may have gotten caught up with drug dealers or other illegal activity, Bonilla said "Those are guesses, we are working the investigation. I can't say that because we don't have those elements. We are doing the investigation."

Bonilla would not comment on whether they have developed any new leads or found any of Darryl's personal belongings such as his passport and clothing that are still missing.

Since none of our calls has been returned by Matt, we wanted to know what he may have told police. When asked about Matt's cooperation, Bonilla said, "Matt came down here, has been cooperating, he and Darryl's family knows each other and they are doing their best to give us the right answers."

<modsnip>

http://cbs12.com/news/local/retracing-darryl-fornatoras-steps-in-the-dominican-republic

BBM

The right answers??? WTH? How about the truth?

Where was his wallet found? The video doesn't play for me and the article doesn't say. Is there more detail given in the video?

Never good when a wallet is found ...

Snip

Fornatora&#8217;s family said that Rigby&#8217;s story of what occurred in the coastal town has changed several times.

At one point he claimed that there was no surf and decided to travel home and that Fornatura stayed behind. Then he claimed Fornatora got upset one night as they headed into town and when he looked away from Fornatora for a split second, Fornatora was gone.

The newest events in the search for Fornatora have his family more concerned than relieved.

&#8220;I decided I would check Facebook and opened it up and saw the evidence that they have found his wallet,&#8221; Nancy Fornatora, Darryl&#8217;s mother, told WPTV.

<modsnip>

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call the embassy tipline at 809-368-7713.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...nites-search-for-missing-american-surfer.html

Doesn't look burned to me. Take a look. I posted the pic upthread.

Oh, I agree, it doesn't look burned to me either but--though I don't trust the DM--I thought it was possible they might have had additional photos or more information.

Oh, I agree, it doesn't look burned to me either but--though I don't trust the DM--I thought it was possible they might have had additional photos or more information.

Greg the anchor guy posted the additional photo. The bill looks discolored. IMO it looks brownish red. Not burned.

So many oddities surrounding this case. Wallet and intact contents..cash! and credit cards.....washed up on shore? in water?? How many wallets have been discovered on a shore? with cash? Forensics on wallet I hope have been done..doesn't appear affected by 6 weeks at sea to my eye.

If DF was drugged what in the heck was the motive? The folklore taled zombie powder (scopolamine) supposedly induces compliance, but what would be compliance in this case? Money is intact.

DF is a tall healthy very athletic person, how could one just vanish from a surf shop? What is traffic like in that area? Did he have cell phone with him?

What was he wearing last? What did their week rental place look like when Matt returned? Were items missing then? Why would a friend decide to take! companions surf board..computer..wth..and leave!?
What did friend tell? rental owners? Was all paid for? Was there extra security deposit return at checkout? Had these two travelled together? often? Did he go back to stay at same rental a few days later? What is history of rental guarded area? With security guards there should be cameraThis case is so strange. What was on computer? Correspondence re: trip booking, etc?

I cannot imagine a friend taking my belongings! from my vacation place without a really really good reason. This makes no sense. None.

So many oddities surrounding this case. Wallet and intact contents..cash! and credit cards.....washed up on shore? in water?? How many wallets have been discovered on a shore? with cash? Forensics on wallet I hope have been done..doesn't appear affected by 6 weeks at sea to my eye.

If DF was drugged what in the heck was the motive? The folklore taled zombie powder (scopolamine) supposedly induces compliance, but what would be compliance in this case? Money is intact.

DF is a tall healthy very athletic person, how could one just vanish from a surf shop? What is traffic like in that area? Did he have cell phone with him?

What was he wearing last? What did their week rental place look like when Matt returned? Were items missing then? Why would a friend decide to take! companions surf board..computer..wth..and leave!?
What did friend tell? rental owners? Was all paid for? Was there extra security deposit return at checkout? Had these two travelled together? often? Did he go back to stay at same rental a few days later? What is history of rental guarded area? With security guards there should be cameraThis case is so strange. What was on computer? Correspondence re: trip booking, etc?

I cannot imagine a friend taking my belongings! from my vacation place without a really really good reason. This makes no sense. None.

Great post, and great questions!

Who planned trip? Had either of them travelled there before? Had they travelled together before? Hiw long had they known each other? How was trip paid for? Do either of them have prior contacts there?

Did they have car rental? Taxi? Shuttle?

Who saw DF last before his flight? How did each get to FL airport? Dropped off? Separate cars?

What is last video, pics etc. of each? Airport in DRepub footage..just wondering about demeanor of each.

Why why why would a friend...????...TAKE. .his friends purpose for trip....surfboard! and..computer.... What. .when..will we find what phone.. of both..shows for GPS locations.

Why in the heck would you fly back early and make things more miserable for your friend by taking his computer and board?? Was there money owed?? Did MR leave a note? etc..for DF so he twould not be alarmed his stuff was...missing?
Why..did MR not call DFs parents before he left to see if any contact was made..

I have so many questions, been up all night. Hoping you WSers can answer some of my questions.
Good night and good morning.

The "friends" actions, lack of actions and changing stories are highly suspect. Is somebody trying to make this look like a suicide? Speaking to the wallet being found and containing money????

Wasn't it said in the beginning that DF was last seen arguing with a woman on the beach? Was this woman ever located and interviewed, and who saw them arguing?

Not just money..."hundreds of dollars".
Anyone who has been in DR knows it is an impoverished country. If he was attacked or kidnapped by a local...there is no way they would leave the cash.

"The recently found wallet includes Darryl Florida driver's license, credit cards and hundreds of dollars in cash with burn marks."

http://cbs12.com/news/local/new-search-efforts-to-begin-to-find-darryl-fornatora

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back