ú

Found Deceased Dominican Republic - Orlando Moore & Portia Ravenelle, from NY on vacation, April 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Gardenista, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

The amount of rust bothers me. Are they sure this is the car? Sorry....but something..

Hatfield, Indy Anna, osu and 8 others like this.
  2. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

I know, right? It is cracked with an opening, give me a break, that surf water gets under and all of the glass comes off no doubt. One does not have to be an expert of any kind to think uh, okay, I just do not think so... Just watch, it will come out that it was not found in the water or near the car as we have been led to believe... I am predicting...

3. human

human Well-Known Member

4. human

human Well-Known Member

As I was driving tonight, I realized there could have been a car with its brights on either behind or coming the other way. Some of those brights are unbearable

5. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

This is probably a repost, but this video shows the vehicle remnants better and it's from ListinDiario, which appears to be a DR news source

6. ilovechili

I had not seen this before. This shows the best views yet especially if one puts it in full screen.

Thank you for providing it.

7. ?mysterian?

You're welcome. There's not a tire or wheel to be seen, or even axles that I can tell. I'm with you, where did they find the VIN on this wreckage? If this is a notorious area for wrecks, I have even more questions.

8. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

That is just crazy.... I know it's been in "the blender", but really? After just 2 weeks?

TRB, bradfordsleuth, Stunned and 3 others like this.
  9. ilovechili

I know what you mean. I see no way the VIN could be there or easily read... The tires and parts missing throw me as well. However, then I try to think of someone trying to get a car into the ocean without tires and that does not seem like it would be easy either lol. I can see it being done in a few ways but I just do not know how likely those ways are. Any thoughts on that? I guess professionals could strip a car pretty quickly and push it over... Car theft is a major crime as are car theft rings there I read when researching.

Do you recall the year, make and model of vehicle they rented?

It could be the right vehicle but still how did it get there, what caused this and when... And the condition and what is missing just seems odd... Four tires, many parts, the hood, some of these things have to have been found, no?

10. ?mysterian?

Ok, bear with me here, I've got several things to link, and I'm a hunt-and-peck typer. This dump truck wrecked on March 25 at what appears to be the same site OM's and PR's rental vehicle was located, kilometer 19 on the Autopista Las America. Look at the water depth.Un muerto y dos heridos tras caer al mar un camión en la autopista Las Américas

ETA: well, other photos I located by searching for images of " kilometro 19 Autopista las America Dominican Republic" show the same truck at lower tide with more vehicle showing. The websites are questionable, so I'm not linking them. But other photos of that location are there. It doesn't appear to be deep, relatively speaking. The earlier linked photos of the divers showed them without air tanks, but I thought I saw a diver with a snorkel. If it's so shallow there, what caused all that damage? The tides?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  11. ilovechili

Wow, wth is going on here? A man died as well, I am not fluent but I can determine that much from the article. And yes, that depth is not what I expected...

12. ?mysterian?

This SEE IT: Dominican divers find car of doomed vacationing New York couple in waters off steep cliff reports that vehicle was a Kia Rio but doesn't give the year.

angelainwi, Stunned, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  13. thelesis

thelesis Pessimistic Skeptic

Reading media articles from various countries over the years, law enforcement in the US is very, very open with the media. They're the anomaly. LE in other countries keep things closer to the vest and don't release all the details in an investigation. If you're used to having every little detail of an investigation made public to pore over, the lack of communication can seem like incompetence as opposed to prudence.

TRB, human, Linskid and 7 others like this.
  14. ?mysterian?

This is reported to be the tollbooth photo of their car. Notice the time stamp. 01:27:36. Different than what was reported. Car of missing couple seen at tollbooth

ETA: Maybe it's a different tollbooth than the Marbella tollbooth. IDK.

Micmecca, TRB, Traymar and 6 others like this.
  15. ?mysterian?

I haven't read the articles because I'm not fluent, but I've been surprised by how many photos are available from news sources.

osu, Hatfield and ilovechili like this.
  16. ilovechili

osu and ?mysterian? like this.
  17. ilovechili

I can understand that but then again, some things are reported, just no documentation shared, or that which fits their narrative this far anyhow. If they are keeping their investigation close then it is odd they have given a scenario at all until the investigation is complete. Imo anyhow.

osu and ?mysterian? like this.
  18. ilovechili

14 minutes different, can no facts provided in this case ever be the truth? So they were earlier than stated. Blurry picture, not surprised. They had stated it was a picture from the rear so that matches up with what was said.

19. osu

osu Well-Known Member

(Translated by Google)

They wait for answer of the FBI on death of tourists in Dominican Republic
    April 16, 2019

NEW YORK - Congressmen Adriano Espaillat, representative of the 13th district and Eliot Engel of the 16th district, are still waiting for the response from the FBI director, Christopher Wray, to whom they sent a letter asking him to order an investigation into the suspicious deaths in the Dominican Republic of the tourist couple of Orlando Moore and Portia Ravenelle, on March 27, in a supposed traffic accident, when they were heading to the Las Américas International Airport / doctor José Francisco Peña Gómez from Samaná, to return to their residence in the Suburb of Mount Vernon in New York.

Espaillat told this reporter that the FBI response could take several days to decide his involvement in the investigation.

~snip

Esperan respuesta del FBI sobre muerte de turistas en República Dominicana - CDN - El Canal de Noticias de los Dominicanos

20. ?mysterian?