Donna Brock

snipped from Pittsburgh,

Some of the "differences" actually enhance intelligence in some areas. Edison, da Vinci and Einstein are said to have had dyslexia. Perhaps some low test scores of people with learning disabilities can be explained by the fact that the tests done in schools are often administered in writing.

Misty's problems with her story/stories may have more to do with the difficulty of remembering lies and keeping them consistent with previous versions of the story. It is clear, though, that Misty has had very little effective formal education.

No education past 6th grade or 7th, plus drugs would enhance this behavior too. She's not LD, I don't think. She had a rough life. JMO

Mystic, do we know what Ron's text actually said? And, do we know how he found out about Donna's intentions? IF he heard that Donna did not actually care about Misty, but had only befriended her to spy on her for Tim M, then I could see how he might have texted her to warn her. If Ron cares about Misty at all (which I think he does), and he thought that this would not help find Haleigh, but knew it would hurt Misty, it seems natural that he would want to let her know. JMO.

We don't know if there was a text. We don't if there was a text, what it said. We also don't know how Ron would have heard about Tim's plan, if he did.

I think we have to focus on Misty, she is the one that has lied, she has failed a polygraph, failed a voice analysis test, her hypnosis showed she was hiding something.

None of those reasons can be used in court.

HH, you are never going to believe this, but I was a teenage girl once too!!! How coincedental is that?! During my rebellious teenage years, I used drugs, lied (quite well, not a mastermind, but quite effectively I am ashamed to say) to my parents about where I was going and what I was doing. (don't believe I was ever ruthless tho) Add to that I was pregnant, married and out of school, 3 weeks shy of my 16th b'day to my childrens father who was almost 20 at the time. Moved away from where I grew up (a larger city) because I was told by my parents that if I insisted on having the baby and marrying, I had to, so no support system there. Ex was from a teeny tiny town, much like I imagine Satsuma to be, sadly full of families just like this..and that's where I ended up for quite a few years. Also have a mild LD, (but wasn't diagnosed til much later) but at least got my GED all by my 17 y/o self, blah, blah, blah.....
You know HH, I forgot where I was even going with this and almost deleted, but what I am trying to say...is WHY is Misty being giving such a pass by many of the same peeps that didn't have a problem whatsoever with her being smart/mature enough to 'care for' children properly and safely or when she and Ron got married because they were 'in love' and it was what HaLeigh wanted. :rolleyes: I'm just having a real hard time with the 'Poor Misty' pity party. I just want to know where in the he!! HaLeigh is? and it is MO and apparently LE's opinion that Misty knows more and ain't talking..:sick:

Thank you for giving us a look at your history, Pondering. And you clearly turned out well! (And congrats for getting your GED!) It's really up to the individual, in most cases, as to what they do with their lives. This is called growing up and learning responsibility.

I fully agree with you that the focus should be on Haleigh! However, I have been thinking lately that a large part of the reason that there has been so much attention on Misty, (and therefore Ron, TN, GGMA, Misty's "friends" etc.), is that LE has chosen to emphasize so strongly and frequently that "Misty is the key". IMO, this has placed all the attention squarely on Misty and taken the attention off of Haleigh. Because of this and because LE has given out so few facts on this case, I hold LE responsible for much of the circus atmosphere.

I think we have to focus on Misty, she is the one that has lied, she has failed a polygraph, failed a voice analysis test, her hypnosis showed she was hiding something.

Amen Levi, you read my mind! Had Misty not failed the polygraph "miserably", I may be apt to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just can't get passed the failed polygraph, the weekend disappearing act with White Boy Greg right before Haleigh goes missing, the change in her story about which bed Haleigh slept in, her statement that she looked under the beds for Haleigh when the mattresses are on the floor ( I think she was somewhere else and looked under THOSE beds), and the fact the LAW ENFORCEMENT does not believe Misty-HUGE red flag for me.

FYI:

I know we can't bring "tweets" here, but Levi has tweeted that Donna has canceled her appearance on the show tonight.

It is not updated on his blog.

FYI:

I know we can't bring "tweets" here, but Levi has tweeted that Donna has canceled her appearance on the show tonight.

It is not updated on his blog.

ath~maybe I am truly losing it (a definite possibility imho :crazy:) but I could have sworn that Levi posted early this morning (?) on this thread that Donna had canceled her appearance.... But..that post is gone OR I am crazy, take your pick, lol! If it's not on his blog, perhaps it is still a maybe and that's why the post went poof? IDK...

I thought I saw it too, Pondering...

Looking at Levi's blog, Steph Watts looks quite different than what I had imagined. Just goes to show that I shouldn't imagine.

Thank you for your shows, Levi.

I do not think Misty has a LD. She simply lacks a formal education. I will put Misty's 'street wise survival education' up against formal education any day.

I do hope Donna B. will be on the radio show. I would be interested in hearing what she has to say. She has spent some 'up close and personal' time with Misty - none of us have.

JMO

ath~maybe I am truly losing it (a definite possibility imho :crazy:) but I could have sworn that Levi posted early this morning (?) on this thread that Donna had canceled her appearance.... But..that post is gone OR I am crazy, take your pick, lol! If it's not on his blog, perhaps it is still a maybe and that's why the post went poof? IDK...

LOL... I see a post from Levi this "morning" at 12:19 a.m. He doesn't mention Donna's cancellation?

Maybe she changed her mind and is going to appear now? Jeez, did I just confuse everyone? :angel: (Sorry!) I was pretty sure the appearance was definitely off, and the show was going to be Steph Watts, Padilla & Donna the prosecutor.

Now that I have confused myself, and probably others, I'll go try to get a definitive answer.

Ath, I went today for the first time at 2oclock following Levi's link to his blogger radio website, and it definately stated what you have reported but I didn't post because for the chocolate cake in me couldn't figure out why no one, especially Levi posted contrary since the thread was started. But others seem to enjoy his site, so maybe they'll learn something this evening with Padilla on the case. Dunno

LOL... I see a post from Levi this "morning" at 12:19 a.m. He doesn't mention Donna's cancellation?

Maybe she changed her mind and is going to appear now? Jeez, did I just confuse everyone? :angel: (Sorry!) I was pretty sure the appearance was definitely off, and the show was going to be Steph Watts, Padilla & Donna the prosecutor.

Now that I have confused myself, and probably others, I'll go try to get a definitive answer.

Who knows?! Donjeta confirms that she saw it too...so I'm not crazy (at least not at that moment) so it must have been deleted, IDK? While I would love to hear what she has to say, IF she knows anything pertinent and IF there was any possibility that LE could use it, I'll wait! Obviously, she didn't find out where HaLeigh is, so.....while I'm curious, I'll try and be patient. :)

Thank you for your shows, Levi.

I do not think Misty has a LD. She simply lacks a formal education. I will put Misty's 'street wise survival education' up against formal education any day.

I do hope Donna B. will be on the radio show. I would be interested in hearing what she has to say. She has spent some 'up close and personal' time with Misty - none of us have.

JMO
BBM. I don't understand what you mean by this? In today's world no one can get by w/ just a "street wise survival education", and have a prosperous life. Unfortunately, Misty does not stand a chance of reversing her circumstances w/o a formal education. It is obvious to me by just her handwriting that she definitely has some learning issues. I don't know how a child could make it through school w/o some sort of support either from a parent, guardian, teacher or just someone who gives a crap aout them. Misty has had none of these things.

BBM. I don't understand what you mean by this? In today's world no one can get by w/ just a "street wise survival education", and have a prosperous life. Unfortunately, Misty does not stand a chance of reversing her circumstances w/o a formal education. It is obvious to me by just her handwriting that she definitely has some learning issues. I don't know how a child could make it through school w/o some sort of support either from a parent, guardian, teacher or just someone who gives a crap aout them. Misty has had none of these things.

To say Misty at 16, 17 is a "street wise survival education" nominee is ridiculous. Yeah, she knows some life stuff, more than she should at her age as far as sex. But I can't say that makes a girl all the smarter in real life and handling herself with people and the public. Geez, it's laughable. We don't even know about her lifestyle with boyfriends prior to Ron. She's hung around her homes, with Grandma, friends and family. She's not been out on the streets walking them, in and out of any kind of trouble that we're aware of. And if she had, I'm sure that would have came out by now if Misty had been a problem child. Not one person has ever even breathed such.

Misty had an older boyfriend, like lots of girls her age do. Lots. She has been accused of doing some partying a few days prior to Haleighs disappearance. She was sleeping in her home with her boyfriends two young children. One was abducted. Four LE agencies can't or won't look in the right places and or figure it out yet.

We don't know that what her own parents did, if she was even around them. I'm sure she probably saw drugs, maybe witnessed drug use. Her father has prescription pills to take. It' been stated that Lisa Croslin has done crack and appearances back that up. As far as I can tell, Misty is like lots of other 16 year olds. A typical teenager who doesn't know anything about running a home, finances and sadly education for her. Misty isn't some hardened juvenile prostitute drug addict having gave birth to babies and moved from job to job or people. She's lived with her family, parents, grandmother and brother til ron.

Somehow the fact that DB has backed out of being questioneds doesn't shock me. I mean really what is she going to say when asked about her road rage accident? The other driver in the case did say that it was the DRIVER DB, of the other car, that threatened her verbally with the "I'm going to kick your *advertiser censored**" comment. Also if she was supposed to being working as an undercover with the LE knowing about it (which I don't believe for a second) then I don't know what undercover is going to be interviewed or making statements on any type of media outlet. Any statement she made would be used by any decent defense attorney in criminal case. This stunt just muddied the case further and that is what is so sad and pathetic for a little missing girl!!!!n Maybe Tim Miller should have found another undercover mama for his little stunt!!! Emphasis being on MAMA and not some overgrown teenager that does not know how to behave. MOO:waitasec:

Amen Levi, you read my mind! Had Misty not failed the polygraph "miserably", I may be apt to give her the benefit of the doubt. Just can't get passed the failed polygraph, the weekend disappearing act with White Boy Greg right before Haleigh goes missing, the change in her story about which bed Haleigh slept in, her statement that she looked under the beds for Haleigh when the mattresses are on the floor ( I think she was somewhere else and looked under THOSE beds), and the fact the LAW ENFORCEMENT does not believe Misty-HUGE red flag for me.

Jessica Lunsford's grandmother failed the poly too. Polygraphs mean nothing to me

The thing with me Crystalgenie, had a decent kind person been placed with Misty, doesn't even have to be a mama figure, but just straight up honest, know their boundaries, befriended Misty, just enjoyed the trips Tim was paying for. Asked Misty honest questions about that night, I believe the case could have gotten somewhere.

A reliable contact who is trust worthy, with morals and has a true desire to be of help to Misty and finding Haleigh, this could have worked. We all want to talk with Misty. Ask her some questions. Instead of putting her on the defense. Just listen and if Misty says something that doesn't make sense, or appears to be a lie, or inconsistent, call her on it. But do it as a trusted ally for her and LE, helping her to come to either making sense or breaking her down into revealing something if there's anything left to reveal.

Good to see you Linda7NJ

To be honest, I hope Misty and Donna mend fences. I think Misty really needs a friend and "mama" figure right now. I don't think her real mother has the ability to provide the right guidence to her. Misty doesn't need to have another person betry her and back out of her life. I don't think anyone can tell Misty what to do, because Misty has had to be independent and self sufficient for a long time, even though she is 17. But, if Misty has a loyal and mature friend in Donna (let's assume the road rage incident was an exception), who stands by her, then I think it's more likely Misty will do the right thing in the end and tell LE all that she knows.

ETA - I also think that if Donna does not do interviews and spill the beans about Misty, that this shows integrity on her part. Much as we mighyt be interested, I feel it's more important that she be able to keep Misty's confidence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back