DOUBLE LOOP KNOT: JonBenet was posed

My own opinion is that everything used on JB, was found right there in the basement.

sissi said:
I will go "huntin' ", but if I remember the tape on the blanket looked like normal silver backed duct tape IMO.

edit..back from the "hunt"

http://www.acandyrose.com/149blanket.jpg

edit again to mention..this is not a small perfectly cut piece of black tape used to put on the child's mouth..is it?

I see what appears to be a flat piece of silver or white tape across the blanket,but it seems like I also see a piece of shriveled black tape to the right of the silver tape.Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Nehemiah said:
My own opinion is that everything used on JB, was found right there in the basement.

Nehemiah,

I tend to agree with you.

The reason I brought up the Rigging Accessories,is because I thought the list was very similar to what was used or found at the crime scene.

Also,a long time ago I posted that the word "Victory" was used alot during John's sail boat races ... and now this list.

Just trying to keep all bases open!

IrishMist said:
From the June 98 Interview (A big thank you to A Candy Rose!)

7 (INAUDIBLE) what looks like a big piece of duct
8 tape. That doesn't look like that tape I took off

9 JonBenet's mouth.

10 LOU SMIT: Okay. And why do you say that?

11 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, because as I recall,

12 it was black. It was like a little larger than

13 electrical tape in width. And it struck me, and as

14 I thought about it later, as the kind of tape you

15 might use in sailing to wrap around the stanchion

16 or something.

17 LOU SMIT: The black tape?

18 JOHN RAMSEY: Yeah.

19 LOU SMIT: Have you used that type of

20 tape on (INAUDIBLE)?

21 JOHN RAMSEY: No, I didn't recognize it.

22 But in this picture, it looks like a piece of duct

23 tape. A big piece of duct tape. And that's not

24 what I remember.

25 LOU SMIT: Okay. That's on photograph number --

1 JOHN RAMSEY: 149. Cause it was like stuck

2 to the blanket almost in this picture.

3 LOU SMIT: What are you thinking?

4 JOHN RAMSEY: It's just hard to look at these,

5 that's all. Basically JonBenet was right here.

6 LOU SMIT: If you want to get off this,

7 we can?

8 JOHN RAMSEY: No, that's okay. Sorry.

9 LOU SMIT: You touched on something, you know,

10 and I was going to ask you about that tape later

11 on and the cord. But you mentioned that the tape

12 that you took off JonBenet, we're trying to

13 determine if in fact you could have been in

14 contact with that type of tape. And you mentioned

15 something about that's the type you seen on a

16 stanchion.

17 JOHN RAMSEY: Well it's just it wasn't

18 a tape that looked familiar to me, or it looked

19 like it wasn't torn, it was cut perfectly,

20 literally, that it fit her mouth. It was black, it

21 wider than electrical tape, but not as wide as

22 duct tape. I mean I know what duct tape is; it

23 wasn't duct tape.

24 Just thinking about it later, where do you get

25 this kind of tape? It's a little wider, and I've

1 seen it in white before. It's kind of a utility

2 tape that you can use on a sailboat in boating.

3 LOU SMIT: Okay.

4 JOHN RAMSEY: And we had some, and

5 there's white. Somebody had (INAUDIBILE) that they

6 wrapped around rough edges, the stanchion, so that

7 the sail didn't catch it and tear. It was just

8 kind of a wider utility tape. I don't remember if

9 we had any black or not. But certainly white.

10 LOU SMIT: And this would have been where?

11 JOHN RAMSEY: Up at Michigan.

12 LOU SMIT: Michigan, okay.

13 JOHN RAMSEY: It wasn't a big piece of

14 duct tape like that.

*Bold emphasis mine*

IrishMist,

Thanks for the quote and highlights.

So JR says the tape is black, and mentions sailing, he goes into some detail too.

Yet when I look at the picture unless its another piece of tape it looks the opposite of black to me?

Where is JR coming from is he on sedatives or something ?

capps said:
I see what appears to be a flat piece of silver or white tape across the blanket,but it seems like I also see a piece of shriveled black tape to the right of the silver tape.Are my eyes playing tricks on me?

capps,

I dont see any more tape to the right, but then my eyes may not be seeing what JR allegedly saw!

What I do see is what looks like the tape following the contours of the folded blanket, in a curved fashion, so there is a piece hidden and a shadow effect created.

UKGuy said:
IrishMist,

Thanks for the quote and highlights.

So JR says the tape is black, and mentions sailing, he goes into some detail too.

Yet when I look at the picture unless its another piece of tape it looks the opposite of black to me?

Where is JR coming from is he on sedatives or something ?

Yeah, the tape looks like silver duct tape to me. Capps was wondering if the black tape was next to it... when I look, I can see that.
But then I wonder why silver duct tape hasn't been brought up at all?? (What I mean is in evidence lists, etc...)

Nehemiah said:

Nehemiah,

Yes this must be the simplest most obvious assumption to make, and one that other people should disprove before offering more speculative alternatives!

capps said:
After reading John trying to describe the tape he found on JonBenet,I searched around and found the following.

The tape used on sail boats is called Rigging Tape.It usually came in white,but I finally found a site that sold it in black.

What was really interesting,was with all the many sites I went to,most of them said the following were staples to have on your sailboat:

Rigging Tape - which I mentioned above,and John believes this is the type of tape he found on JB.

Rigging Floss - nylon/dacron cord,which comes in various thickness,some come waxed,like dental floss,but not all prefer waxed.

Rigging Wire - copper wire.

Rigging Knife - comes in various shapes and sizes. Most prefer mid-size pocket knives.

I was going to link some pictures,but was unable to,because I went to too many different sites.

capps
Interesting linkage, matching the Rigging Floss to the ligature would be neat!

Now the Rigging Tape, if it was a sailing type would the manufacturers have mentioned this, or is it simply general purpose tape?

The use of the term duct-tape is misleading, since what I see on the blanket looks more like standard packaging tape, used on cardboard boxes etc.

IrishMist said:
Yeah, the tape looks like silver duct tape to me. Capps was wondering if the black tape was next to it... when I look, I can see that.
But then I wonder why silver duct tape hasn't been brought up at all?? (What I mean is in evidence lists, etc...)

IrishMist,

I used the zoom in my imaging program, and all I can see is what looks suspiciously like tan-colored tape, that will appear silver with the light reflecting off it.

It appears to have been laid flat on the blanket then it has been folded, and the curve or hollow gives a shadow effect or what looks like might be black tape. Who know maybe it is and my eyesight is going !

From memory the tan-colored tape is less stronger than the darker brown tape.

Yes I agree why was it not itemized in the evidence lists, maybe it was but not detailed e.g just tape.

Well, thanks for the info. I couldn't tell when I looked, and when I try to zoom stuff, it always gets fuzzy.

It makes an interesting case for the "fleet dunnits". He made a trip down before John Ramsey and went down ,again, alone after the body was found AGAINST instructions by Arndt. Hmm..

Something else that is very odd, weren't the crime scene photographers there before eight in the morning? I suppose it is a misconception that they took "shots" in the basement in the am? When they went down for this shoot, it had to be after the body was found, and after Fleet had made his third trip down. I suppose that was when they took that shot of the chair in front of the door. Is there a time line anywhere for photos?

sissi said:
It makes an interesting case for the "fleet dunnits". He made a trip down before John Ramsey and went down ,again, alone after the body was found AGAINST instructions by Arndt. Hmm..
Especially when you take into consideration Capps' "Sailing Accessories?" post...

The back side (the sticky side) of black duct tape is usually light grey. That's what you're likely seeing.

BlueCrab said:
The back side (the sticky side) of black duct tape is usually light grey. That's what you're likely seeing.

Maybe so, however it doesn't match up to the small cut that has been described throughout this case. That piece is large , too large to neatly be placed on her lips, however, perhaps, large enough to wrap two ankles together.?

IrishMist said:
Especially when you take into consideration Capps' "Sailing Accessories?" post...
Yes! I would like to know who John's "gut feelings" pointed toward in the beginning. I know Patsy said the housekeeper..didn't John say..Priscilla?

Does anyone think Fleet, who admittedly picked up the tape before this picture was taken , would have not just dropped it? Why is it placed this way? John, yes, he would have dropped it, then picked up the child, and the blanket could have folded just a bit over it, but Fleet's story about picking it up and putting it back doesn't gel with the picture. Uh oh ..IMO for Fleet.

Maybe after this I will be a "fleet dunnit", it is odd when ya think about his visits and what he claims he touched and opened. gee..he made the 911 call on the 23rd. Why did he get a pass?

sissi said:
Yes! I would like to know who John's "gut feelings" pointed toward in the beginning. I know Patsy said the housekeeper..didn't John say..Priscilla?
You know, I think he did.

sissi said:

Does anyone think Fleet, who admittedly picked up the tape before this picture was taken , would have not just dropped it? Why is it placed this way? John, yes, he would have dropped it, then picked up the child, and the blanket could have folded just a bit over it, but Fleet's story about picking it up and putting it back doesn't gel with the picture. Uh oh ..IMO for Fleet.

Maybe after this I will be a "fleet dunnit", it is odd when ya think about his visits and what he claims he touched and opened. gee..he made the 911 call on the 23rd. Why did he get a pass?
The same reason everyone else did.
There is no evidence to link him to the crime.

narlacat said:
The same reason everyone else did.
There is no evidence to link him to the crime.

Narlacat,

In the Atlanta interviews in 2000 John was trying to pin the crime on Priscilla and Patsy was trying to pin it on Fleet. You are right narlacat, there's no evidence against the Whites.

IMO the Whites have a pretty good idea who committed the crime and the Ramseys have been trying to discredit them ever since JonBenet's funeral.

John brought up the sailboat issue trying to pull down Fleet, since Fleet, like John, are both sailing enthusiasts. What John didn't mention is that Burke and Doug Stine were also avid sailboaters and sailed together at Charlevoix.

BlueCrab

sissi said:
Maybe so, however it doesn't match up to the small cut that has been described throughout this case. That piece is large , too large to neatly be placed on her lips, however, perhaps, large enough to wrap two ankles together.?

sissi,

I agree with you. Either the description given to us in books and affidavits is incorrect or that is an additional piece of tape.

Its color and length do not match what we have read so either it has some other staging purpose or was part of what ocurred prior to her body reaching the wine-cellar?

One thing is certain, its not there by accident!

Possibly it was meant to secure the blanket to her body?

UKGuy said:
sissi,

I agree with you. Either the description given to us in books and affidavits is incorrect or that is an additional piece of tape.

Its color and length do not match what we have read so either it has some other staging purpose or was part of what ocurred prior to her body reaching the wine-cellar?

One thing is certain, its not there by accident!

Possibly it was meant to secure the blanket to her body?

That could be the explanation,or it could have been the tape John saw on her legs? Are/were there parts blacked out on the warrants? Initially there were, I don't know how this evolved.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back