Down the Rabbit Hole I Go ...

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by 8771, Sep 10, 2019.

1. 8771

8771 Active Member

I was 11 when this crime was committed, so I am actually just now researching it deeper than media hear-say. Forgive me if this point has been discussed in detail, but I can't seem to find any information/statement in regards to what state JR and PR were in after the White's party.

I am SURE this point had to have been covered in an interview with everyone that had attended the party, right? To that point, I am also SURE that everyone who attended the White's party were interviewed and asked for a DNA submission, right?!

I am learning, however, that it appears certain elements of criminal investigations, that I believed were par for the course, are actually pretty easily avoided if desired. Now I'm frustrated all over again.

I keep feeling like the R's confusion over certain details of the night of 12/25 could easily be contributed to some Christmas-party cocktails. I'm curious why this point isn't debated as obviously and at length as so many others. Was a parent - or both parents - a little tipsy after an evening of holiday celebration? Is it known that they were strict non-drinkers? Just curious ... thanks for any insight.

2. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Yes all attendees at the White's paty were interviewed and dna samples requested.

Confusion regarding details might simply be due to evasion on the Ramsey's behalf rather than confusion.

Some think the fact that Patsy was taking some prescribed medication and along with a few cocktails this might have clouded her judgement?

Both parents were not known to consume alcohol liberally. Probably better described as social drinkers, on the dinner circuit, etc.

The parents version of events contrasts with that of the forensic evidence, e.g. JonBenet snacked pineapple vs the parents saying she was put to bed sleeping; JonBenet has two ponytails itemized at the autopsy, vs JonBenet's last photograph showsing her without two ponytails!

Foreign Faction by James Kolar is a good read up on the forensic evidence and might be available at your local lending library?

3. 8771

8771 Active Member

Thank you! I actually just finished it! Any others you'd recommend?

4. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation: Steve Thomas Is quite good since some of what is written is fact as distinct from some speculation put into the mouths of various people interviewed in the book Perfect Murder Perfect Town, which reads like a Sherlock Holmes thriller.

Steve Thomas is pretty good on emphasising that JonBenet was sexually assaulted despite the internal BPD protocol referring to it as vaginal trauma!

5. fridaybaker

fridaybaker Well-Known Member

I don't understand what "vaginal trauma" means. Unless it's caused by a medically necessary/health-related procedure, "vaginal trauma" = sexual assault. "Douching" a six year-old, unless medically necessary, = sexual assault. This is child abuse.

I'm of the opinion that JBR was abused by many people. If her mother knew that someone, anyone, had molested her and did nothing about it, she was guilty of child abuse. If she douched her as "punishment", she was guilty of child abuse. If she "pimped her" to ogling adults by creating sexually suggestive pageant routines for her, she was guilty of child abuse. PR, in my book, is guilty of child abuse.

I just wonder many other people within the Ramsey sphere were also guilty? Likely BR. Who else???

6. Swirlz

Swirlz Well-Known Member

I've never seen an actual source for the idea that Patsy "douched" JonBenet. The subject has been brought up here in one form or another for years but I'm not sure where the rumor originated.

I've never seen any evidence to suggest Burke did anything sexual to JonBenet.

7. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

fridaybaker,

vaginal trauma might just be postmortem staging?

Although using that phrase was likely meant to suggest its not really a sex case but a kidnapping case.