Dr. Doogie's Prescription for a Better World

Sometimes, God speaks to us in strange ways. The following is what came to me this am. then I stopped here to see how a case is doing and found this thread. So Im jumping on board with all of you.

::WHAT IF.............we took 2 minutes out of our daily life and observed what was going on around us?
That child had on a green shirt.
That car is blue and has an out of state tag.

We are so busy with our lives that we dont take time to observe what is going on around us.
If we really looked, would we see a child being bullied?
Would we see an abused woman that looks terrified? We must stop the violence in this country. Our Law Enforcement cant

do it all. Will you take 2 minutes everyday and really look around you? I really believe we can make our cities much

safer just by looking and making a mental note, instead of turning our heads.

I have a RSO that moved in quite close to me, in a very little condo community.
Of course he rents from a woman that tried to sell her condo.
We are prepared at any moment to do exactly what you said.
We can not do a thing but watch him as close as possible.
My neighbors is LE and if he breaks 1 rule, he is off to jail.
How can a person pay high rent, own a fairly new truck and a Harley Davidson
and not work?
This guy is a total creep!!!

In addition when we know where a perp lives a camera should be place so his doors and windows can be observed. then when they decide to move (since they rarely register it like they should) A PO should be on their tail instantly.

I have not had much time recently to search for violators. I have parlayed my efforts searching for RSOs into a career as a skip tracer for a PI firm. I have been learning all sorts of new techniques to locate people who do not want to be found, so once I have the time to restart my search,look out, bad guys! I'm gonna find you and you are going to jail.

Snipped from your post above:

GHW was a molestor who had been in violation since 1996. I discovered that he had been living in Idaho and died in 2000. His obituary says that he had been in Idaho for twelve years before his death - this means that he must have travelled to El Dorado County each year on his birthday between 1988 and 1995 to register, then returned to Idaho to live undetected. Evidently, something occured in 1996 to prevent his registration. This means that for twelve years, he was residing in Idaho without the local authorities being aware that he was in the area.

Dr. Doogie, this one scares the hell out of me. What was the need for this guy to move that far away and continue to register in CA?

Wow, I commend all of you for this effort! Dr. Doogie, what do you hear back from LE when you turn these guys in? Are they grateful, I'm just curious?

I don't know how you find out where they've relocated, but I think it's a grand idea!

Reaction to my efforts has been varied - both by jurisdiction and by the individual LE that I have contacted. One detective was so grateful for my efforts that he was placing "orders" for who he would like me to search for. Another took the info, but I never saw RSOs that could be proven to be dead were removed from Megan's List and clearly erroneous info online was left uncorrected.

The worst reaction was from the State of Nevada. I found that someone who I was searching for in California was also wanted in Nevada for failure to register. I knew when he went into violation in CA, so I needed to see if he was in Nevada before or after his stint in CA to see what direction he was travelling. Instead of sharing that simple info - when was he found in violation in Nevada - I was curtly told that this info could only be shared with LE. I tried to explain that their own website already had the guy's name and picture on display as a molester and violator - I didn't think that me knowing the date that he violated was going to sully this "good man's reputation", but they were adamant. So I had the detective that I was working with call and get the info, but I lost a lot of respect for Nevada's efforts to locate these SOBs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back