Dr G. to do special about Caylee

I'm pretty sure it was about the chloroform. She said it would stay in a closed area ( trunk) for a while, but if Caylee was drugged with it, it would have disappeared from her system very quickly.
She said it was brought up that Caylee was checked for it, but never explained why it was not & would have never been found.

BBM
Actually she did. She said there wasn't even bone marrow left, just dry bones.
Makes the pharse 'dry as a bone' more meaningful to me.

Had OCA told where Caylee was up front, I believe the toxology reports would have been full of info to help convict.

Okay, I have a sort of medical question. If you saw the special, remember when Dr G was saying that they could find absolutely NO signs of trauma on Caylee's bones? When JB said that Caylee had drowned, did he say that anyone tried to perform CPR on her? When you attempt CPR, especially on a small child, isn't there a chance that a rib might get cracked in the process? Would that be pretty typical?

If a child drowns in a pool and you find that child, then you, or any normal person would call 911. You, or any normal person would (ESPECIALLY if this was YOUR child/grandchild) perform CPR. KC is a big fat liar.

I see what you're saying, but after watching Dr. G last night, I can say that with 99% certainty That Caylee did not drown. She was murdered (IMO) in cold blood, to hurt Cindy Anthony. :(

I have known Jan Garavaglia for over 15 years. You can check with the Mods, I have been 'vetted' so to speak.

I am posting my connection with Dr. G now, and yes, she knows I am doing it. I would never think of it otherwise. She knows that people here at WS have been supportive of her and appreciate all she did for Caylee because I let her know what was being said. She wants to thank everyone for their support. There is one thing, in particular, that she would like people to know. Any money that she receives for this show will be given to charity.

So here it is: THANK YOU for your kind words. And that is a direct quote from Dr. G :)

Tell Dr G I love her and I thank her for doing the show on Caylee. If it even turns one fan of OCA's against her it was worth the pain of watching it. Dr G is a HERO! During the whole show I kept praying that CA was watching and might realize for once what a monster she raised

Tell Dr G I love her and I thank her for doing the show on Caylee. If it even turns one fan of OCA's against her it was worth the pain of watching it. Dr G is a HERO! During the whole show I kept praying that CA was watching and might realize for once what a monster she raised

Amen to that & after watching Dr. Phil, GA knows that FCA done her baby in. I'm making snow cream for my grand baby tonight , And I can't help but think that Caylee will never get to taste it. :(

About the teeth, while it was never mentioned that I recall during trial the Jury did have autopsy photo's that we didn't have, which would show the teeth still there. In hindsight perhaps JA should have touched on that fact when he was questioning Dr. G about the tape, or other experts.

I never heard the teeth before only that the tape held the mandible in place. I knew that alone would indicate to me that the tape was applied before death, but the teeth aspect just gives it more weight and a very heavy real bitter taste in the mouth.

Again as other's have pointed out, even if this was brought out during trial the Jury would have ignored it.

My profound respect to all professionals that worked directly and indirectly on this case.

To the Defense, you all made a deal with the devil and one day he is going to collect!

Has anybody seen any response from the dt regarding this show? It seems they are slowing down.

I cannot put into words how much I'm so glad to read this post.
I think if Dr. G. had been running the trial it would have turned out that OCA would have been convicted of 1st degree murder. I am so happy that Dr. G. will be turning over all the money from this show to charity.
Dr. G. IS my hero in all of this.

This is where all of you are going to hate me, and that's okay with me because it truely is about CAYLEE.
I am not and have never been impressed with JA. I do think he's arrogant and I'm sorry you guys but that is how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely dispise the DT, Anthony's and most of all OCA.
I do ask myself WHY? did JA not call Dr. G. back to the stand to rebut what Spitz had said? Why didn't he bring up that the teeth were still in place because of the duct tape holding the mandible in place? However, the jury did see the photo's but we still haven't seen them so I have to wonder why they couldn't see through the smoke and mirrors. But once again, we see skulls on TV all the time with the teeth still in place and only now I realize they must be glued in, so who's to say the jury didn't realize the teeth were being held in place because of the duct tape? Why wasn't the root growth of plants into Caylee's little bones hammered home? I remember seeing the blanket that had all the root growth growing through it. When OCA threw Caylee in that swamp because she was causing a horrible stink in her car it was forever and not one soul moved her. Shame on the DT and Spitz for saying so.
No one on this earth will ever convince me it was an accidental drowning. I believe Dr. G. when she says even addicted mothers call 911 when they find their children floating in a pool.
How sad that hindsight is 20, 20.
I'm also sorry that JA is keeping all the money he makes off a murdered child namely Caylee.
I'm sorry all, but this is just how I feel. I do believe that JA did try his best to get a conviction after all he is an expert in forensic evidence I just wish he had focused more on Caylee's remains and the site where she was found.
Okay! I'm done crying over spilt milk for now.

Wonders, no one is going to hate you for stating your honest opinion. Actually, I think a certain amount of arrogance comes with being an attorney. I have worked for attorneys in the past and I would be hard-pressed to name one who didn't strut his/her stuff. I am sure there are some who are quite humble, but I think their numbers are few.

But one can be arrogant and still have ethics, and also have their heart in the right place--both qualities which I believe Jeff Ashton possesses. I believe he sincerely cared about the victim in this case--little Caylee Marie, who was cast aside by those who should have cared for her most: her family.

I think if Dr. G. had been running the trial it would have turned out that OCA would have been convicted of 1st degree murder. I am so happy that Dr. G. will be turning over all the money from this show to charity.

This is where all of you are going to hate me, and that's okay with me because it truely is about CAYLEE.
I am not and have never been impressed with JA. I do think he's arrogant and I'm sorry you guys but that is how I feel. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely dispise the DT, Anthony's and most of all OCA.
I do ask myself WHY? did JA not call Dr. G. back to the stand to rebut what Spitz had said? Why didn't he bring up that the teeth were still in place because of the duct tape holding the mandible in place? However, the jury did see the photo's but we still haven't seen them so I have to wonder why they couldn't see through the smoke and mirrors. But once again, we see skulls on TV all the time with the teeth still in place and only now I realize they must be glued in, so who's to say the jury didn't realize the teeth were being held in place because of the duct tape? Why wasn't the root growth of plants into Caylee's little bones hammered home? I remember seeing the blanket that had all the root growth growing through it. When OCA threw Caylee in that swamp because she was causing a horrible stink in her car it was forever and not one soul moved her. Shame on the DT and Spitz for saying so.
No one on this earth will ever convince me it was an accidental drowning. I believe Dr. G. when she says even addicted mothers call 911 when they find their children floating in a pool.
I'm also sorry that JA is keeping all the money he makes off a murdered child namely Caylee.I'm sorry all, but this is just how I feel. I do believe that JA did try his best to get a conviction after all he is an expert in forensic evidence I just wish he had focused more on Caylee's remains and the site where she was found.

BBM, unless you have inside information, and I don't, we can't know this. I say its his prerogative. Dr. G makes money off her show, which involves other murder cases, i.e. other victims, but I agree she was wonderful in her jesture of donating her profits to charity with this particular show.

There is a long list of dedicated people, including Dr G. and JA who fight the good fight for victims - such a noble cause. I could not hate you for your opinions on JA, we are supposed to have them, and I say "to each their own". Personally, I am grateful for JA's book, it provided some closure for me, and exposed some facts I did not know about. Dr. GA and JA cared about what happened to Caylee, as so many others did too. In that fact, we are all united.

About the teeth, while it was never mentioned that I recall during trial the Jury did have autopsy photo's that we didn't have, which would show the teeth still there. In hindsight perhaps JA should have touched on that fact when he was questioning Dr. G about the tape, or other experts.

I never heard the teeth before only that the tape held the mandible in place. I knew that alone would indicate to me that the tape was applied before death, but the teeth aspect just gives it more weight and a very heavy real bitter taste in the mouth.

Again as other's have pointed out, even if this was brought out during trial the Jury would have ignored it.

My profound respect to all professionals that worked directly and indirectly on this case.

To the Defense, you all made a deal with the devil and one day he is going to collect!

BBM: Yes, the jury had all the photos and reports and could have easily seen the evidence, had they bothered to look.

I'm also sorry that JA is keeping all the money he makes off a murdered child namely Caylee.
I'm sorry all, but this is just how I feel. I do believe that JA did try his best to get a conviction after all he is an expert in forensic evidence I just wish he had focused more on Caylee's remains and the site where she was found.

Well, I have to agree with you as I did see a bit of arrogance at times with JA. I also noticed that it always had to do with JB and something he was trying to slide by the judge thinking no one would notice, in other words bad lawyering. I think JA is a perfectionist but I agree some of the things he said in court were unnecessary. I think he believes things should be done by the book. That any and all attorneys need to do the right thing in their representation of their client. So, yes, I do see him throughout all those hearings and the trial getting frustrated with JB. I don't think JA respects JB and while JA may not agree with CM or even like him, I think JA respects CM and his long history as a defense attorney.

As for the book. I think any book that would help a parent, grandparent recognize the signs that a child could be in danger deserves to make money for the author. Who better to tell the story for Caylee then the very person who swore to get her justice and understood all the discovery evidence? Being an SA is really a thankless job.

Also, I personally think CM is arrogant, too, but I do respect the fact that he does stand up for his clients. If attorneys did not, who would? It's just nicer when they aren't so....swarmy. lol jmo

I have known Jan Garavaglia for over 15 years. You can check with the Mods, I have been 'vetted' so to speak.

I am posting my connection with Dr. G now, and yes, she knows I am doing it. I would never think of it otherwise. She knows that people here at WS have been supportive of her and appreciate all she did for Caylee because I let her know what was being said. She wants to thank everyone for their support. There is one thing, in particular, that she would like people to know. Any money that she receives for this show will be given to charity.

So here it is: THANK YOU for your kind words. And that is a direct quote from Dr. G :)
SHE would like to thank US? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle white?
This is probably the first time I've ever seen Dr G confused. She bows to no man.

Please pass on congratulations and gratitude for the work she did on Caylee's behalf, and for so many others in the past. She was one of only a very few credible people to take the stand in that oddball circus. Please tell her WE know that, even if the 12 Village People couldn't see past it.
Also let her know (although she probably does already) that she is extremely popular and highly regarded in this part of the world too.

Wonders, I won't even try to change your opinion nor will I put you down for how you feel. You are entitled to your opinion and it's ok. I just want to say that it isn't up to the SA what testimony will be allowed in trial. All those side bars and meetings in Judge's chambers were about that what would be allowed in. None of us will ever know what info was disallowed by objections. It is quite possible that the info about the teeth was disallowed for whatever reason. The SA isn't the one who makes those decisions if there is an objection. If the defense objected and there is case law supporting, then that evidence may have been kicked out. If Dr. G had already said all that was allowed, then there wouldn't have been a point to recall her after Dr. Spitz to just repeat what she'd already testified about. I think the SA and most of us just hoped the jury was paying attention... unfortunately, they apparently were not.

I recorded the special and watched it this afternoon. It left me shaking my head again and asking out loud, "Why is this woman free?" I have to agree that short of a chart with colorful pictures of the crime being committed and a full, succinct description of how Caylee died, this jury was never going to convict. Of ANYTHING! I still don't get it. How can they sleep at night? :furious:

Thank you so much for posting this. Please thank her for all the work she does in order to give victims a voice.

Wonders, how can we hate one of our own? One who stood with us, cried with us, and has been in Caylee's corner since day one. You are and will always be special because of that. God bless you, and your feelings towards JA are yours. I as a WS member can honestly say that I respect that & respect you even more for voicing it. :)

ETA: I think he's :great:

Wonders, I won't even try to change your opinion nor will I put you down for how you feel. You are entitled to your opinion and it's ok. I just want to say that it isn't up to the SA what testimony will be allowed in trial. All those side bars and meetings in Judge's chambers were about that what would be allowed in. None of us will ever know what info was disallowed by objections. It is quite possible that the info about the teeth was disallowed for whatever reason. The SA isn't the one who makes those decisions if there is an objection. If the defense objected and there is case law supporting, then that evidence may have been kicked out. If Dr. G had already said all that was allowed, then there wouldn't have been a point to recall her after Dr. Spitz to just repeat what she'd already testified about. I think the SA and most of us just hoped the jury was paying attention... unfortunately, they apparently were not.

Plus common sense should have prevailed. The 12 never should have had to have been led by the hand. It was their responsibility to review the evidence if they had questions. They all agreed to do that and accept the responsibility. When they said they can't judge it is equal to....I can't be relied on to make a decision. If nothing else they should have relied on Dr. G's testimony. She had nothing to gain, nor did she have a story about someone taking the skull home with them just to put duct tape on it so they can find it a month later. Very little justice comes from a closed mind. jmo

I see what you're saying, but after watching Dr. G last night, I can say that with 99% certainty That Caylee did not drown. She was murdered (IMO) in cold blood, to hurt Cindy Anthony. :(

ITA Tulessa, I am/was/will be ever certain it was murder. HOWEVER, I wish that the prosecution would have/could have used the no-trauma to the bones issue to poke holes ALL through the drowning story. If indeed cracked ribs are a common trait among young children who have received CPR, then a person could ASK the following questions:

IF it was a drowning, then WHY was there no evidence of CPR?
IF it was a drowning, then WHY wasn't CPR performed?

add those questions so the ones already brought up:

IF it was a drowning, then WHY didn't anyone call 911?
IF it was a drowning, then WHY was she triple-bagged, duct-taped, and left in the woods?

So a promo/clip I saw had Dr G saying "I can't believe that didn't come up at trial" - what was she referring to?

I'm pretty sure it was about the chloroform. She said it would stay in a closed area ( trunk) for a while, but if Caylee was drugged with it, it would have disappeared from her system very quickly.
She said it was brought up that Caylee was checked for it, but never explained why it was not & would have never been found.
BBM
I also believe she was referring to the fact that chloroform dissipates in a couple of days so there was no way they would find any trace of it or other substances considering that all they found were bones that had no soft tissue or even marrow for that matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back