Dr. Lillian Glass Body language Q&A

Dr. Glass, have you ever done a study on Judge Perry? He really cracks me up, watching his expressions.

Hi Dr. Glass, I was interested in your recent column about KC turning her attention to Cheney Mason. I was so glad that you wrote about that, because she definitely is acting (and he is too) as if they are wonderful "friends"! I haven't seen that sort of thing very often (where the defendant is so animated and the lawyer is so palsy-walsy). Is KC really THAT skilled at charming everyone out of their shoes......or is Cheney Mason just a vulnerable old dude who is a sitting duck....or both?
p.s. second question....why does Cheney Mason constantly play the "I'm old" card? Is he suffering from low self esteem?

I think what the DT is trying to do is make KC appear to be just an ordinary, everyday kinda girl. If they were to distance themselves from her the jury would catch it right away so they tend her humanize her by being friendly and show the jury she is very likeable. And she may be very likeable when she is not ranting. But they want us all to believe that this is someone who is incapable of doing such a terrible thing. That's all it is folks, and its almost showtime. jmo

When one is being sincere in their contrition or appology their brows are furrowed not raised. To me it does not to appear that Casey looked very sincere. To me it looked as though she may have possibly been coached what to say.

Super questions and great insight on your part. Personally, I think Cheney Mason is enjoying the attention he is receiving from Casey. And yes, that may have a lot to do with a person's ego and self esteem or lack thereof. His touching her may come back to haunt him. In my view he needs to keep his hands and fingers to himself and tell Casey to do the same. There was no excuse for her reaching out and cupping her hand around his waist the other day. If he was in her way and she needed to get to her seat, she needed to say "excuse me" and wait until he moved. And the laughing and smiling between the two in the courtroom needs to stop as it is disconcerting.

Great point lamchop. Unfortunately it is backfiring. They have become way too "friendly" and she has become way too" humanized" as you say. There needs to be professional decorm between Casey and her attorneys at all times. A jury will have a hard time seeing all of that laughing and smiling.

Yes, I have. He certainly bounces in his chair a lot, especially when he is angry or wants to make a significant point. He seems very professional and very fair minded. I am very impressed with how he has handled this case thus far.

Yes, I have. He certainly bounces in his chair a lot, especially when he is angry or wants to make a significant point. He seems very professional and very fair minded. I am very impressed with how he has handled this case thus far.

ROFL. I have noticed that he's went from rocking to bouncing! :great:

i noticed that about JP too... and it was also mentioned in that article about him (links around here somewhere) i couldn't figure out of he just has a lot of nervous/anxious energy, or if it could be parkinsons. my grandfather had parkinsons and he was always bouncing like that.

thanks for the answers, dr. glass.... you're amazing ♥

Hi Dr. Glass & WELCOME!

I always thought that ICA's constant grooming, playing with her hands & eyes, & now flipping papers & writing notes is nervousiness. Knowing that you are being filmed & each & every thing you do will be scrutenized would certainly cause one to be nervous. I'm interested to hear your take on this.

TIA

I would like to know your opinion on Casey constantly trying to cover up her hands. I have always thought that she was subconciously trying to hide the murder weapons from us. It has to be really uncomfortable knowing that the murder weapons are right there, in plain view, for all to see.

Thank you so much! I also enjoy reading your reports on Casey's body language.

bbm
Me too.
I have noticed that she holds her right wrist/lower arm with her left hand.

Richard Gabiel did not do a mock trial. If he did perhaps the results would have been a lot different. WHat he conducted was only a focus group. As a jury consultant I can tell you that in real life, there are many others things which come into play besides the evidene or lack thereof. As I have said so often in my blogs, the outcome of the case will dpend on who is on that jury.

Dr. Glass :hug: It's LindaRose from your blog...:seeya:

I am so glad you decided to come and join us...We all want Justice for Caylee..I thank you so much for your insights and I so agree with this 'focus group'!

We don't know what was presented to this group. I believe they kept very important details from this group. The most daming after the 31 days of not alerting authorities is that duct tape. According to CMason, he claims this duct tape is the imagination of an over zealous prosecutor. Did he forget that Dr. G has photos every step of the way during her examination of Caylee's skeletal remains? Does he think he can really mislead, talk mistruths and want to be seen as credible by a jury?

I am very skeptical when it comes to CA and her seeing things through those rose colored glasses. I believe she is truly sabatoging ICA on a mental level, KWIM? Like it's her psyche that shows through her words. Almost as if she doesn't really believe what she says but thinks because she's saying it, it must be true...

This is one dyfunctional family whose little dirty secrets will be told at trial. I also believe it will come out during the penalty phase and they will be thrown under that proverbial bus...it's heading towards them...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I also thought it was odd that CM had his hand on her back "comforting" her. Perhaps it is a more than subconscious attempt to show the audience that she is the "innocent little girl" he's claimed she is. It reminded me of moms that continue to rock a child long after they stop crying, just in case they somehow start in again.

Also, by using a physical gesture to comfort her when she was crying, CM was calling the audience's attention to the fact that she was in some kind of "distress" and by continuing to do it perhaps he was simply trying to prolong the appearance that she still needed it.

KC tends to cry when she is criticized or accused and upset - at her indictment, at the hearing when JA made mention of the duct tape, and yesterday when Judge Perry was indicating to the media he would not allow them to jeopardize her right to a fair trial by using court documents to find out in advance the location of the jury pool. She plays the victim card when she wants something from people (telling Jesse and Tony that her dad abused her and her brother molested her; telling Amy that she couldn't drive to Jacksonville because George had a heart attack), and it also seems she jumps into the role when she is angry that anyone is trying to remove her ostensible "rights" (which obviously include the right to steal and kill with impunity).

We've all noticed that she never cries unless it's about herself, she is completely dispassionate and disconnected when the subject of Caylee's remains is discussed. I watched the tape of HHJP and the Black Widow and saw that she entered the courtroom with the same kind of clothes-adjusting behavior. I have wondered if, in addition to the obvious and narcissistic self-absorption those gestures indicate, if it is also a subconscious gesture that a sociopath might have to continuously locate themselves in the space of a room - as if they are so disassociated from reality they have to remind themselves they even exist.

Dr. Glass I'd be interested to know what emotions you thought Cindy Anthony and Jose Baez were expressing during yesterday (5/2)'s status hearing. I thought they both were expressing anger, not fear yet several posters here report that Cindy was "shaking". What do you make of it???

I also thought it was odd that CM had his hand on her back "comforting" her. Perhaps it is a more than subconscious attempt to show the audience that she is the "innocent little girl" he's claimed she is. It reminded me of moms that continue to rock a child long after they stop crying, just in case they somehow start in again.

A[B]lso, by using a physical gesture to comfort her when she was crying, CM was calling the audience's attention to the fact that she was in some kind of "distress" and by continuing to do it perhaps he was simply trying to prolong the appearance that she still needed it.
[/B]
KC tends to cry when she is criticized or accused and upset - at her indictment, at the hearing when JA made mention of the duct tape, and yesterday when Judge Perry was indicating to the media he would not allow them to jeopardize her right to a fair trial by using court documents to find out in advance the location of the jury pool. She plays the victim card when she wants something from people (telling Jesse and Tony that her dad abused her and her brother molested her; telling Amy that she couldn't drive to Jacksonville because George had a heart attack), and it also seems she jumps into the role when she is angry that anyone is trying to remove her ostensible "rights" (which obviously include the right to steal and kill with impunity).

We've all noticed that she never cries unless it's about herself, she is completely dispassionate and disconnected when the subject of Caylee's remains is discussed. I watched the tape of HHJP and the Black Widow and saw that she entered the courtroom with the same kind of clothes-adjusting behavior. I have wondered if, in addition to the obvious and narcissistic self-absorption those gestures indicate, if it is also a subconscious gesture that a sociopath might have to continuously locate themselves in the space of a room - as if they are so disassociated from reality they have to remind themselves they even exist.

BBM

This is exactly what he's doing,IMO . AL also provided highly visual comforting gestures,along with the furrowed brow expressing concern for poor ICA.
Waste,huge waste . After opening statements ,the jury will have no sympathy for poor ICA.

bbm
Me too.
I have noticed that she holds her right wrist/lower arm with her left hand.

Just a guess but she has worn hand cuffs often for several years. It may be just a habit now. I've never been in cuffs but I think it would be more comfortable if you hold your wrist with one hand.

IMO

Does anyone else think ICA looked annoyed at having CM's hand on her after she finished her fake crying? It seemed to me she wished she could shake him off.
moo

Just a guess but she has worn hand cuffs often for several years. It may be just a habit now. I've never been in cuffs but I think it would be more comfortable if you hold your wrist with one hand.

IMO

My guess would be that she bites her nails and tries to hide her hands to cover it up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back