Dr. Oz called before congress for being a charlatan.

Oh, I have some gossip. I have a friend from H.S. She was pretty then, apparently grew up and got some work done and got prettier.. Married a doctor in a fairly large city ( for the state we lived in) and she's still married to him ( although she had an affair with this dork we went to HS with that she hooked up with on FB)
So, anyway, her doctor husband decides to take her on vacation as a sort of " get your mind off the dork you don't think I know about" thing, and they went to NYC.

Her physician husband knew someone who knew Dr. Oz, so my old friend and her hubby go to the taping. They were standing in line with the crowd to get in. She is SO stunning that the handlers pull the couple out of the crowd and sure enough, put them on the front row.. Dr. CREEPY OZ came over to her and a parrot landed on her shoulder and he ( the Oz dude, not the parrot) was flirting with her on national TV. I mean, not inappropriate except that her husband was NOT shown and he was sitting right there beside her.

I had forgotten about this. I saw the episode because she was a FB friend back when I was stupid and had a FB account. I had him figured for a pedo, but apparently not, as she was probably 45 or so at the time.

Dr. Oz fights back! 'America's physician' lashes out at critics he says are in the pocket of the GM food he criticizes – and his is 'not a medical show' anyway

TV doctor used Thursday's show to hit back at his critics who he accused of having 'conflict of interest issues - and some integrity ones also'

Ten doctors signed a letter last week calling Oz a 'charlatan' who promotes 'quack treatments'

Oz said he was being targetted because he supports GMO labeling

His show featured a report on how some of the 10 doctors have received grants from Monsanto, who manufactures GMO seeds

He also told NBC News that the Dr. Oz Show is actually 'not a medical show,' but it will no longer use 'inflammatory' words like 'miracle'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ticizes-not-medical-anyway.html#ixzz3YDegEGvi

I'm on a consumer review panel sponsored by Sony Entertainment. They picked me, I didn't seek them out.
They have sent me surveys about Dr. Oz for the past year or so. In every one of them, I say what a fraud he is and how his " super cure of the day" is harmful to innocent people watching his show. I know that at one time, he was a practicing cardiologist and probably helped many people and also taught many doctors, but his mind has gone to a far different place now. It's all about the almighty dollar. All goes back to the Oprah money and star- making machine again! Has that woman ever done anything genuinely good on TV?? ( Giving away cars doesn't count).
IF what Oz is selling and promoting every day worked, Oprah would be a size 4!!

I keep hoping he will either lose his medical license or lose his show. Both would be my preference. His off the cuff " information" is dangerous for people on medication for chronic diseases/ illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, chest pain, Parkinson's, MS, Alzheimer's. He's promoted some sort of natural " cure" or " life- changing treatment" for every one of those and many more. Oh, and how could I forget obesity and cancer???
I don't hate many people in the world at all, but I truly hate Dr. Oz because I think he could cause the deaths of many trusting people through his deceptive " natural cures".

I'm on a consumer review panel sponsored by Sony Entertainment. They picked me, I didn't seek them out.
They have sent me surveys about Dr. Oz for the past year or so. In every one of them, I say what a fraud he is and how his " super cure of the day" is harmful to innocent people watching his show. I know that at one time, he was a practicing cardiologist and probably helped many people and also taught many doctors, but his mind has gone to a far different place now. It's all about the almighty dollar. All goes back to the Oprah money and star- making machine again! Has that woman ever done anything genuinely good on TV?? ( Giving away cars doesn't count).
IF what Oz is selling and promoting every day worked, Oprah would be a size 4!!

I keep hoping he will either lose his medical license or lose his show. Both would be my preference. His off the cuff " information" is dangerous for people on medication for chronic diseases/ illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, chest pain, Parkinson's, MS, Alzheimer's. He's promoted some sort of natural " cure" or " life- changing treatment" for every one of those and many more. Oh, and how could I forget obesity and cancer???
I don't hate many people in the world at all, but I truly hate Dr. Oz because I think he could cause the deaths of many trusting people through his deceptive " natural cures".

:goodpost:

And :laughcry: at the Oprah size four comment.

I'd love to see him lose his medical license and his show have to be called Mr. Oz.

Dr. Oz fights back! 'America's physician' lashes out at critics he says are in the pocket of the GM food he criticizes – and his is 'not a medical show' anyway

TV doctor used Thursday's show to hit back at his critics who he accused of having 'conflict of interest issues - and some integrity ones also'

Ten doctors signed a letter last week calling Oz a 'charlatan' who promotes 'quack treatments'

Oz said he was being targetted because he supports GMO labeling

His show featured a report on how some of the 10 doctors have received grants from Monsanto, who manufactures GMO seeds

He also told NBC News that the Dr. Oz Show is actually 'not a medical show,' but it will no longer use 'inflammatory' words like 'miracle'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ticizes-not-medical-anyway.html#ixzz3YDegEGvi

I dislike Oprah very much and anything she promotes is tossed into the garbage and thrown out. Dr. Oz is someone I didn't pay any attention to because of his rise to stardom on her show. However Monsanto is a name that gets me fired up and I can believe this could have happened. If what Dr. Oz says is true about wanting GMO labeling then I can agree with him on that point. Selling a bogus product is stooping to Monsanto level and I can't imagine going any further down than that.

Oprah dumps Dr. Oz from her radio network amid quack medicine claims ...and Dr. Sanjay Gupta may be his replacement

The Daily Dose With Dr. Oz radio segment airs on 150 stations nationwide but Oprah's Harpo Productions announced it will end May 29

The company that syndicates the 'radio minute' sent affiliates a letter suggesting 'A Better Life With Dr. Sanjay Gupta' as a replacement

Dr. Oz has been under fire in recent weeks over claims he pushes quack medicine on his show and through other outlets

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Sanjay-Gupta-replacement.html#ixzz3YqRSLjVl

As far as I know, he's still got a column in her magazine.

Dr Oz sued for weight loss supplement he claimed was a 'revolutionary fat buster with no exercise, no diet, no effort'

Class action lawsuit claims 'all credible scientific evidence' proves Garcinia Cambogia does not work

Oz first promoted it on his show in 2013 and interviewed a woman who said it helped her lose 10lb in four months

He did not advertise a specific brand but the lawsuit singles out supplement seller Labrada, which calls it a 'fat loss aid'

In 2014 Oz appeared before a congressional hearing for promoting Garcinia Cambogia and other products as 'miracle pills'

Oz said he recognized they didn't have 'scientific muster to present as fact'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pplement-Garcinia-Cambogia.html#ixzz3zCYCCXcj

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back