Dr Phil and the Drunk Girl Sex Tweet

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by believe09, Aug 21, 2013.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am not a fan at all. If you take the time to check the guy out, you will see that imo Oprah owes all of us a heartfelt apology for "discovering" him.

Then his staff (or he himself) deletes the tweet...all the while claiming it was an attempt to provoke discussion.

Yeah right.

LINK HERE

2. Loading...

3. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

In what context was it asked? Was it asked to about a certain show or case?

4. tezi

tezi Member of Websleuths since 2000.

Oh, I am not a fan either. He is disgusting.

JMO

5. believe09

believe09 Active Member

It depends on how you view his PR response EGirl.

6. EGirl

EGirl #RockportStrong

I'm not a huge fan of his either, but I'd like to see the exact tweet, and I didn't see that in the article.

As far as PR response.....people have been ruined for less over peoples fake outrage.

Who knows....... :shrug:

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

I found the tweet before it was deleted...let me see if I can find it again.

8. believe09

believe09 Active Member

9. believe09

believe09 Active Member

10. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

I haven't watched Dr.P in years .....clearly he's kept his moron status. Imo
    That question is wrong>>>> period ! No matter how or why it was asked.

11. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

:floorlaugh: love those replie.

12. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

Clearly it was written (and poorly worded..) as a kind of poll.

Outrage over it is, therefore, kind of stupid.

13. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I didn't understand the outrage until I saw that it's in reference to teens accused of rape.

I highly doubt Dr. Phil wrote that tweet himself but he's still going to suffer the fallout.

14. believe09

believe09 Active Member

exactly-what kind of polling about that subject is appropriate? It is an illegal act. Sure, I bet an intern's head is going to roll, but it might provide some valuable insight into the machine that is Dr Phil.

Regardless, I am encouraged by the wrath because to me it seems like progress.

15. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

IDK, I was not really a fan, but I am enjoying his Life Code book. I think he's right on the mark with it...there are a lot of selfish, self-absorbed, me-at-any-cost people out there. In the book, he tells you how to spot them, and how to avoid them, or how to deal with them, if you must.

As for his tweet...he said he intended it to generate discussion. I guess it's done that.

16. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

I muist be dense...but I don't understand the outrage. It is not like Dr Phil was condoning having sex with a drunk teen. And it is highly unlikely that he was even the one that worded the text. Seems kind of unfair to make it out like he was implying anything out of that poorly worded tweet, imo.

17. Norwegian

Norwegian New Member

If you recommend it I'll pick it up. Sounds like something I would need to learn!

18. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

Well, I'll tell you....my husband is a nice guy. Sometimes, I think he's "too" nice. People are constantly walking all over him (it seems to me). I have told him he needs to read this book.

I have family members who have a ""I've gotta stay 3 steps ahead of people, so I can out fox them," type of mentality. To me, personally, that sounds exhausting. I'm reading this book to learn how to deal with them.

I'm only about 1/4 of the way through it, but it seems like it is going to be very helpful.

19. bourne

bourne "The truth shall set you free." ~JUSTICE FOR REBEC

I don't see anything offensive about Dr. Phil's tweet. He was asking a provocative question to see how people think and what the general moral consensus is. I see nothing wrong with that. He wasn't condoning or encouraging the behavior. I also don't see why he had to delete it either. Should have just kept the tweet. I think it's a case of a few readers' misinterpretation and melodrama over NOTHING.

20. matou

matou #los2188

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...21/ns-dr-phil-rape-tweet-rehtaeh-parsons.html

21. tgirl1130

tgirl1130 New Member

I was thinking, I thought he just wanted to know what people thought like for a show idea. I mean I don't think he was aking for personal expirenece and actually it started a conversation between my 13 year old son and I. I am not a fan of Dr Phil but this time I find myself on his side.