Dr Phil and the Drunk Girl Sex Tweet

I never liked Dr. Phil. He is flaky, sleazy, and shady.

I haven't watched Dr.P in years .....clearly he's kept his moron status. Imo
That question is wrong>>>> period ! No matter how or why it was asked.

I actually like your the best Cherie!!!

Love the BBM-LOL

Clearly it was written (and poorly worded..) as a kind of poll.

Outrage over it is, therefore, kind of stupid.

I agree. I think that he often posts things like this to take a poll and then use that for his shows and to educate. I am certainly not what I would call a fan but I really think there are a lot of people walking around looking for the next thing to be outraged at even if it is not warranted.

Clearly it was written (and poorly worded..) as a kind of poll.

Outrage over it is, therefore, kind of stupid.

I muist be dense...but I don't understand the outrage. It is not like Dr Phil was condoning having sex with a drunk teen. And it is highly unlikely that he was even the one that worded the text. Seems kind of unfair to make it out like he was implying anything out of that poorly worded tweet, imo.

Agreed!! My first thought when I read the tweet was, "So?"

Sheesh, people get so bent out of shape over words. We should know by now that the written word doesn't have inflection or emotion behind it, therefore it is often harder to interpret than the spoken word. Things can come across very differently in writing than they are intended.

I appreciate the perspectives offered here, but the tweet in conjunction with a show that has on it the mother of a rape victim who committed suicide? Tacky, insensitive, poorly written...ARGH. Respectfully, I am going to stick to outrage. He and/or his staff are idiots. It was imo a very Jerry Springer stunt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back