Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by Madeleine74, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeaTime

TeaTime Well-Known Member

BR was said to have problems in school,particularly with putting his thoughts onto paper. And I do not think he would use words such as attache', counter-measures, tactics, group of individuals, foreign faction, monitoring you, and hence, good Southern common sense, nor would he use a salutation, indentations that were passe' by the time he was learning to write, an acronym, Victory , or an editing carat to insert a missed word.

BR did not write that note. Mommy did.

2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Found this:

(See picture at bottom)

Didn't JR say he was trying to put a "car" together?? Thought I heard that... :thinking:

Attached Files:

3. PositiveLight

PositiveLight Active Member

i believe she has earned at least a oscar nod.

4. just the facts pls

just the facts pls New Member

That's your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. However BR also grew up in a home where he could hear words like "attache." He said his mother encouraged him to write better (which may or may not include stuff we would consider passe), in fact it was his first reaction when Dr Phil confronted him with the RN (that he claims to have never read). There are also phrases like "grow a brain" which I have not heard since grade school. The RN was also almost copied word for word from a movie with Danny Devito. Kids are known to mimic what they see in movies.

IMO there's just as many reasons to suspect BR wrote that note as PR, especially since mothers and sons exhibit 86% handwriting similarity.

I'm only typing this to explain my own position regarding this. I know most people are going to disagree and I'm fine with that.

5. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

I hadn't heard BR is violent. Are there links to the choking and RO events?
    TIA

6. Kay0315

Kay0315 New Member

Ocean Blue, I completely agree. PR would not be that ignorant in writing the strange RN, even if she was traumatized by JBR death. There were so many other suspects that should have been more fully investigated. I am still suspicious of Santa Bill, just too many coincidences to be overlooked!

7. Deadhead_Kay

Deadhead_Kay Member

Finally got a chance to watch the first two episodes. His behavior goes far beyond just awkwardness on camera. He's shifty eyed and whenever he speaks about something that could be incriminating against him he tries to make light of it. I get having to grow up knowing that people actually believe you to be the killer, but you wouldn't do this interview if you were just annoyed with those accusations. I just have so much to say so this may be a long post and i'll try to break it off into separate topics so it's easier to read.

Why would a room that held the kids' toy train set, which logically would've been used at least once in a few months, be allowed to remain a hazard to the kids with the broken window glass everywhere. Not to mention the fact that the unknown luggage had glass on top of it. But Jon doesn't say it's not theirs, just that it shouldn't have been placed their. Looks like someone staged the scene so that it looked like someone would be using it to step up out of the window.

I can't take how much Burke seems to try to make a joke of the nights surrounding his sisters death. Saying his memory must've been erased if he can't recall what happened. He can remember going downstairs to play with toys in the middle of the night, but not if he brought a flashlight to light his way in the large home.

I'm sorry, Dr.Phil is not a good person to be getting these questions. Of course asking Burke direct questions like "did your mother show any physical signs of anger" or "did you sexually abuse your sister" isn't going to get an honest, unrehearsed question. You ask any person that they're going to say no because what they see and do are not as extreme in their eyes. If he was less direct some more honest questions probably could have been said. I don't know any woman who hasn't had the slightest display of anger, even a balled up fist is something Burke. Or if he asked something more like did you and jonbenet play the typical show me yours that kids do. Or anything like that.

8. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion, who else's would it be?

A 9 yr old did not write that ransom note. And there isn't an expert out there who examined the note who ever opined such a thing.

9. ladygator

ladygator Member

Burke's constant smirking is rather creepy.

10. fedfan4life

fedfan4life New Member

Seriously. It's not even remotely plausible that Burke wrote that 'ransom' note.

11. ConcernedinDC

ConcernedinDC New Member

I wonder if someone was supposed to be making that call or they had a call planned using the cell and something threw off that plan. Then John started acted different. Things were going wrong and he had to think of what to do next.

12. ConcernedinDC

ConcernedinDC New Member

"Don't try to Grow a brain" was from the movie speed. Came out in 1994.

13. ConcernedinDC

ConcernedinDC New Member

Sadly over 70% of children who are murdered are murdered by family members so, yes, the majority of the time it's a parent doing it to their own child. It's the norm not the outlier.

14. PositiveLight

PositiveLight Active Member

:blushing: what does
    RBBM AND BBM STAND FOR? lol

15. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

IMO Daddy's money well is running dry, we did see JR also at this interview didn't we? It was so late when I watched it on my DVR I kept nodding off, correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw Dr P and him chatting as well

16. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

BBM

Interesting that you would use the word "sneaky". Last night, after watching the DP interview, I reviewed some very old notes of mine on the case, reviewed some floor plans of the house and re-read some of the Ramsey's deposition statements. As I often do after reviewing the facts of a case, I finished by doing some free-flow writing on what I've reviewed. Here's what I wrote:

Evidence of sneaky behavior by Burke

1. Waiting for everyone to be in bed, then sneaking downstairs to play with toy.
    2. Unwrapping presents in the wine cellar.
    3. Sneaking downstairs to make a late night snack (pineapple, tea), which he says his parents didn't allow.
    4. Pretending to be asleep when parents and police officer entered his bedroom.
    5. Being sneaky with a neighborhood boy, either while showing each other "their works" or doing more than that (age 7)
    6. (If factual) Burke and Jonbenet getting caught playing doctor.
    7. (assuming Burke did this) Smearing feces on a box of chocolates in Jonbenet's room.
    ( I also went on to write about some of the answers and behavior during the DP interview that struck me as sneaky. For instance, when asked if he and JB had eaten pineapple together that day, he replied, "maybe?" , smiling in a way that I found coy and...well...sneaky.)

As to the second part of your post that I bolded: to the best of my recollection, Burke never stated that he took the flashlight downstairs when he snuck down there to play with the toy. DP said that John lead Burke to bed that night by flashlight. Burke didn't disagree with this statement, he simply went on to say that he snuck downstairs after everyone was in bed. So did he sneak down there using the flashlight? My guess is that he did, but I don't think anyone can state that as a fact. JMO

17. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

Exactly, or someone, a relative or someone else very close to the family.

18. north_west

north_west Active Member

19. Karinna

Karinna Well-Known Member

I know BBM means Bolded By Me, not sure the other one though.

20. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.