Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've believed Burke struck JonBenet in the head since I first read the ransom note and realized the extent of the staging.

But the Dr. Phil interview stunned me. Despite always believing he was the catalyst for the events of that night, I think I assumed Burke grew into a normal guy. Nothing could be further from the truth. He looked and sounded like an adolescent, not a soon to be 30 year old man. And the inappropriate smiling and laughing was chilling.

I suppose one could argue he's been sheltered his whole life or suffers from some mental disorder of one sort or another. But when you watch him be coy and cute about the pineapple with a nervous smile on his face and then review his childhood interview where he utters a shocked "Oh" and refuses to identify the pineapple in the photo, I can't see how anyone comes away from these interviews thinking Burke wasn't involved.

I know the Ramsey's took a lie detector test and passed but I would like to know after how many dry runs, what questions were asked, and now with new technology I would like to see both BR and JR take one.

She was a little butterfly. Hey mom may have made her into a painted lady, but she was a pretty little girl. I'd always been a BDI but it all just clicked with the Dr Phil show, etc.
Agreed. She was a beautiful butterfly at that. All natural without makeup.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know the Ramsey's took a lie detector test and passed but I would like to know after how many dry runs, what questions were asked, and now with new technology I would like to see both BR and JR take one.
Not by police. IIRC, they took multiple ones through their own lawyers. But never through LE.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just watched the third Dr. Phil interview. After believing that BDI, I have to say that I surprise myself when I say that now I don't know what to think. Does anyone else feel that way?
Yes, after watching the 3rd interview Burke came across a little better and I started to soften a bit. I asked myself could Burke have really committed this brutal crime and not show any deviant behavior since? However after watching the videos of Burke as a child, I believe he hit her with the flashlight but I am baffled over how he would know how to fashion a garrote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It was a private test commissioned by the Ramsey's themselves, so we need to take it with several grains of salt, but my understanding is that Patsy either failed her first run at it or it was inconclusive.

Is anyone watching the A&E special tonight? Supposedly JR is going to address the cbs special.

Is anyone watching the A&E special tonight? Supposedly JR is going to address the cbs special.

I'm watching it now but I don't know if I can handle more pro-Ramsey spin.

John was pretty emphatic that Dr. Phil would be his last interview ever.

Ooops, he did it again.

I get the impression that Burke didn't want to do the interview...like, at all. He seemed to take the whole thing as a joke. I get a strange sense that maybe he and John aren't getting along so well these days. I went back and listened to John's interview w/ Barbara Walters from last year, and something John said stuck out. She asked, "Do you think this crime will ever be solved?" And JR answered "Yes, in one of two ways: either through DNA or if someone who knows the perp gets mad at him and tells. (paraphrasing)

It just seemed...odd. Like he was dropping hints at Burke or smtg. Then he unexpectedly shows up on the Dr. Phil episode which was billed as "Burke Speaks". IDK. I may be way off base, but that was just my impression. JR seems to be way more invested and uptight about the whole situation than Burke, who appears not to give a rat's patoot. :laughing:

Does anyone know how John and Burke's relationship is going? Are they close?

You took the words right out of my mouth Dixie811! BR gave himself away with with what he didn't "seem" to remember vs. what he did..I'm even more convinced that there was a terrible accident committed by BR and and coverup by parents...So tragic and sad. I also think there is something wrong emotionally with BR with his sort of flat affect with the constant smile...wonder what he's like when not interviewed like this...he seems very childish and immature.

I don't think it would make any difference, garthmax. No amount of technology would change the fact that they've had 20 years to brainwash themselves. Those lie detector tests are garbage, anyway.

I get the impression that Burke didn't want to do the interview...like, at all. He seemed to take the whole thing as a joke. I get a strange sense that maybe he and John aren't getting along so well these days. I went back and listened to John's interview w/ Barbara Walters from last year, and something John said stuck out. She asked, "Do you think this crime will ever be solved?" And JR answered "Yes, in one of two ways: either through DNA or if someone who knows the perp gets mad at him and tells. (paraphrasing)

It just seemed...odd. Like he was dropping hints at Burke or smtg. Then he unexpectedly shows up on the Dr. Phil episode which was billed as "Burke Speaks". IDK. I may be way off base, but that was just my impression. JR seems to be way more invested and uptight about the whole situation than Burke, who appears not to give a rat's patoot. :laughing:

Does anyone know how John and Burke's relationship is going? Are they close?

Doesn't matter if they're close, Occam's Razor; they're stuck with each other.

Two videos I don't think have been posted yet:
Dr. Phil talks about the Burke interview to Megyn Kelly (Fox News):
[video=youtube;qf93KZYmO4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf93KZYmO4Y[/video]
WARNING: Absolutely nothing new here. I just thought it was funny how the last half of the interview was dedicated to shilling for Dr. Phil's new scripted show (Bull) and MK's new book. Man, Dr. Phil is making BANK off this crazy interview. Lots of publicity for his show AND his new show.

Here's a local (?) news report that has a brief interview with "body language expert" Jan Hargrave:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2arxrC8jiI
The conclusion of this video is, Hargrave seems to be implying he's deceptive, but the reporter says she "isn't suggesting Burke Ramsey is lying or telling the truth." Um, okay. So she's saying nothing, I guess?

And here's Jim Fitzgerald (from the CBS special) commenting on the Dr. Phil interviews:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QYhlFIefY

Ok, for some godawful reason the forum won't let me edit the post above. The first video I was trying to link was this one:
[video=youtube;gKPNpaY6GIY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKPNpaY6GIY[/video]

Yes, after watching the 3rd interview Burke came across a little better and I started to soften a bit. I asked myself could Burke have really committed this brutal crime and not show any deviant behavior since? However after watching the videos of Burke as a child, I believe he hit her with the flashlight but I am baffled over how he would know how to fashion a garrote.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

He was a discovery fan IIRC. Maybe he liked these type of how it's made stuff.

To me the ligature does not look complicated at all. It looks more like a toy not a weapon. And we aren't talking about dumb children. Maybe sick but definitely not dumb.He was familiar with boy scouting and sailing. I bet he knew at 9 more about knots than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member