Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - IMO yes because studies indicate that handwriting can be inherited and the handwriting of parents and children can be similar:

http://www.ijcer.org/index.php/ojs/article/viewFile/685/299

Mother-Son samples showed 86.69% similarity.

BR was said to have problems in school,particularly with putting his thoughts onto paper. And I do not think he would use words such as attache', counter-measures, tactics, group of individuals, foreign faction, monitoring you, and hence, good Southern common sense, nor would he use a salutation, indentations that were passe' by the time he was learning to write, an acronym, Victory , or an editing carat to insert a missed word.

BR did not write that note. Mommy did.

SweetCaroline said:
I can't stop looking at him, the spitting image of Miss West Virginia, and thinking of how stunningly beautiful JonBenet would've grown up to be if she'd had the chance.

Found this:

(See picture at bottom)

rojamom said:
snipped by me...
Unfortunately, Dr P misses golden opportunities for follow-up questions here (or maybe they were edited out), so we don't know what BR means by "downstairs" (main floor? or basement?). We also don't know how long he stayed up playing with this toy. And we don't know what the toy was that he was playing with (the train? or something else?)

Didn't JR say he was trying to put a "car" together?? Thought I heard that... :thinking:

Attachments

• JonBenet age progression.jpg
    JonBenet age progression.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 114
BR was said to have problems in school,particularly with putting his thoughts onto paper. And I do not think he would use words such as attache', counter-measures, tactics, group of individuals, foreign faction, monitoring you, and hence, good Southern common sense, nor would he use a salutation, indentations that were passe' by the time he was learning to write, an acronym, Victory , or an editing carat to insert a missed word.

BR did not write that note. Mommy did.

That's your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. However BR also grew up in a home where he could hear words like "attache." He said his mother encouraged him to write better (which may or may not include stuff we would consider passe), in fact it was his first reaction when Dr Phil confronted him with the RN (that he claims to have never read). There are also phrases like "grow a brain" which I have not heard since grade school. The RN was also almost copied word for word from a movie with Danny Devito. Kids are known to mimic what they see in movies.

IMO there's just as many reasons to suspect BR wrote that note as PR, especially since mothers and sons exhibit 86% handwriting similarity.

I'm only typing this to explain my own position regarding this. I know most people are going to disagree and I'm fine with that.

Cina Wong said that as far as a lengthy handwriting sample goes, one can only disguise handwriting for so long and then the natural handwriting will emerge. The RN was long enough that the natural handwriting was plentiful, despite there being an effort to disguise it in the beginning of the note, and she found 200 similarities between PR's known writing samples and those of the RN. TWO HUNDRED. Seriously, must this be discussed further? PR wrote that RN.

BR went downstairs after everyone was supposed to be asleep. Sneaky. I didn't hear that he went to the basement but even if he were still on the first floor, he was where the pineapple and iced tea glass were and he 'maybe' (his words not mine) had some pineapple that night. "Can you remember what you ate 20 years ago?" was a very coached and smarty pants response. Are we to believe that NO ONE asked him about the pineapple ever?? It was HIS baseball bat, despite PR saying it wasn't. He was awake before the 911 call and at all times thereafter until he was ushered from the house, despite all the claims that he was asleep. So many lies and secrets about BR. Ask why.

PR and JR continued to state emphatically that BR was asleep and heard, saw, knew nothing of what happened that night. You know what is missing? Them saying "I woke BR and asked him if he knew where JBR was or had he seen or heard anything and he said no." If they never asked him, how would they know? They knew because that was the story that was important to keep straight. "BR was asleep folks, he knows nothing, he is just a 60 pound weakling who could not possibly do anything wrong so go on now, nothing to see here". Ask why it was so important to distance BR from the crime without ever asking him a thing about that night?

I didn't hear the part about using a flashlight to take BR to bed or that BR used it to go downstairs and I haven't had a lot of time with 9 almost 10 year old boys but it seems weird to me that he would wander around the house alone at night with a flashlight. Most kids are scared of the boogy man or monsters in a dark house. That he wasn't tells me he was a odd duck even at 9/10.

BR's voice on the tape. BR downstairs at night. BR's BB bat. "I am not the confrontation type", "I am not the worried type" were some of his reasons for not going to find out what was happening in the house. In fact, he wasn't scared until all the people started to arrive and search the house.

I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist but I know one man who acts like BR with all the smiling and eye darting charm. The man is a psychopath who has tried to choke 3 of his exes, at least that is what they say. Registered nurse, lots of GF's, explosive, violent incidents of rage and then the smiling, eye darting charm. Scary as hell. So scary 2 of the women have restraining orders against him. Every new GF believes the exes are the crazy ones until they end up fleeing the house in the middle of the night with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Then a new one gets charmed and the cycle begins again.

BR reminds me of him so much, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

I hadn't heard BR is violent. Are there links to the choking and RO events?
TIA

Ocean Blue, I completely agree. PR would not be that ignorant in writing the strange RN, even if she was traumatized by JBR death. There were so many other suspects that should have been more fully investigated. I am still suspicious of Santa Bill, just too many coincidences to be overlooked!

Finally got a chance to watch the first two episodes. His behavior goes far beyond just awkwardness on camera. He's shifty eyed and whenever he speaks about something that could be incriminating against him he tries to make light of it. I get having to grow up knowing that people actually believe you to be the killer, but you wouldn't do this interview if you were just annoyed with those accusations. I just have so much to say so this may be a long post and i'll try to break it off into separate topics so it's easier to read.

Why would a room that held the kids' toy train set, which logically would've been used at least once in a few months, be allowed to remain a hazard to the kids with the broken window glass everywhere. Not to mention the fact that the unknown luggage had glass on top of it. But Jon doesn't say it's not theirs, just that it shouldn't have been placed their. Looks like someone staged the scene so that it looked like someone would be using it to step up out of the window.

I can't take how much Burke seems to try to make a joke of the nights surrounding his sisters death. Saying his memory must've been erased if he can't recall what happened. He can remember going downstairs to play with toys in the middle of the night, but not if he brought a flashlight to light his way in the large home.

I'm sorry, Dr.Phil is not a good person to be getting these questions. Of course asking Burke direct questions like "did your mother show any physical signs of anger" or "did you sexually abuse your sister" isn't going to get an honest, unrehearsed question. You ask any person that they're going to say no because what they see and do are not as extreme in their eyes. If he was less direct some more honest questions probably could have been said. I don't know any woman who hasn't had the slightest display of anger, even a balled up fist is something Burke. Or if he asked something more like did you and jonbenet play the typical show me yours that kids do. Or anything like that.

A 9 yr old did not write that ransom note. And there isn't an expert out there who examined the note who ever opined such a thing.

Yes. The ransom delivery was supposed to be the opportunity to remove the body. In fact the original plan may have been to not call the police and have John to carry her body in the attache case under the pretense of going to get the money. John could then call from a pay phone and that pay phone call would be the ransom call mentioned in the ransom note. The delivery instructions could be imagined to be to leave the money in a secure location and then Jon would go to another location to bury JB in a secure location. It would then be that the Ramsey's screwed up, the killer took their money and they welshed and never returned her. The Ramseys could then tell the police that they were afraid to call them and took matters into their own hand. That would gain them sympathy and create a plausible scenario. It even gives them time to clean the crime scene.

I wonder if someone was supposed to be making that call or they had a call planned using the cell and something threw off that plan. Then John started acted different. Things were going wrong and he had to think of what to do next.

That's your opinion and I respect your right to your opinion. However BR also grew up in a home where he could hear words like "attache." He said his mother encouraged him to write better (which may or may not include stuff we would consider passe), in fact it was his first reaction when Dr Phil confronted him with the RN (that he claims to have never read). There are also phrases like "grow a brain" which I have not heard since grade school. The RN was also almost copied word for word from a movie with Danny Devito. Kids are known to mimic what they see in movies.

IMO there's just as many reasons to suspect BR wrote that note as PR, especially since mothers and sons exhibit 86% handwriting similarity.

I'm only typing this to explain my own position regarding this. I know most people are going to disagree and I'm fine with that.

"Don't try to Grow a brain" was from the movie speed. Came out in 1994.

My thoughts are yes, a desperate parent who doesn't know what else to do, who can't confide in anyone, and who is trying to save the rest of their family from the actions of one, would do whatever they needed to do. If a child is dead, you can't 'hurt' them beyond their being dead. Doesn't matter how wealthy the R's were--they could not disclose the truth of that night to anyone. You can come up with a hundred other better ideas of what the family could have or should have done, but that's with hindsight and 20/20 vision and not being in that situation at that time and being them. The reality is, this is what was done and it was done within the family.

Anytime it comes down to a belief "no parent could do that to their child..." that's the moment you know feelings are getting in the way. One has to put their own feelings completely aside. None of us knew the Ramsey family--we have no idea what they would or would not do, so to say they (nor any other parent) would not do something, is simply not valid.

Sadly over 70% of children who are murdered are murdered by family members so, yes, the majority of the time it's a parent doing it to their own child. It's the norm not the outlier.

I do not understand why Burke has decided to stick his head above the parapet at all, he has been able to build a life away from the John Benet story and live a relatively private life, the media does not need Burke telling his story to keep rehashing the case, it was a murder that will forever remain high profile, I think if I was in his situation people would read me as odd, he is unused to the cameras or being interviewed, Dr Phil is an unusual character and could be said to be intimidating,

I think he appeared very socially awkward, and this maybe his usual affect, unless we know him when he is at home within private settings it is difficult to know how out of the norm his behaviour may have been,

I don't think he had anything to do with his sisters murder, and I think he will come to regret giving this interview,

IMO Daddy's money well is running dry, we did see JR also at this interview didn't we? It was so late when I watched it on my DVR I kept nodding off, correct me if I am wrong but I thought I saw Dr P and him chatting as well

Cina Wong said that as far as a lengthy handwriting sample goes, one can only disguise handwriting for so long and then the natural handwriting will emerge. The RN was long enough that the natural handwriting was plentiful, despite there being an effort to disguise it in the beginning of the note, and she found 200 similarities between PR's known writing samples and those of the RN. TWO HUNDRED. Seriously, must this be discussed further? PR wrote that RN.

BR went downstairs after everyone was supposed to be asleep. Sneaky. I didn't hear that he went to the basement but even if he were still on the first floor, he was where the pineapple and iced tea glass were and he 'maybe' (his words not mine) had some pineapple that night. "Can you remember what you ate 20 years ago?" was a very coached and smarty pants response. Are we to believe that NO ONE asked him about the pineapple ever?? It was HIS baseball bat, despite PR saying it wasn't. He was awake before the 911 call and at all times thereafter until he was ushered from the house, despite all the claims that he was asleep. So many lies and secrets about BR. Ask why.

PR and JR continued to state emphatically that BR was asleep and heard, saw, knew nothing of what happened that night. You know what is missing? Them saying "I woke BR and asked him if he knew where JBR was or had he seen or heard anything and he said no." If they never asked him, how would they know? They knew because that was the story that was important to keep straight. "BR was asleep folks, he knows nothing, he is just a 60 pound weakling who could not possibly do anything wrong so go on now, nothing to see here". Ask why it was so important to distance BR from the crime without ever asking him a thing about that night?

I didn't hear the part about using a flashlight to take BR to bed or that BR used it to go downstairs and I haven't had a lot of time with 9 almost 10 year old boys but it seems weird to me that he would wander around the house alone at night with a flashlight. Most kids are scared of the boogy man or monsters in a dark house. That he wasn't tells me he was a odd duck even at 9/10.

BR's voice on the tape. BR downstairs at night. BR's BB bat. "I am not the confrontation type", "I am not the worried type" were some of his reasons for not going to find out what was happening in the house. In fact, he wasn't scared until all the people started to arrive and search the house.

I am not a psychiatrist or a psychologist but I know one man who acts like BR with all the smiling and eye darting charm. The man is a psychopath who has tried to choke 3 of his exes, at least that is what they say. Registered nurse, lots of GF's, explosive, violent incidents of rage and then the smiling, eye darting charm. Scary as hell. So scary 2 of the women have restraining orders against him. Every new GF believes the exes are the crazy ones until they end up fleeing the house in the middle of the night with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Then a new one gets charmed and the cycle begins again.

BR reminds me of him so much, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

BBM

Interesting that you would use the word "sneaky". Last night, after watching the DP interview, I reviewed some very old notes of mine on the case, reviewed some floor plans of the house and re-read some of the Ramsey's deposition statements. As I often do after reviewing the facts of a case, I finished by doing some free-flow writing on what I've reviewed. Here's what I wrote:

Evidence of sneaky behavior by Burke

1. Waiting for everyone to be in bed, then sneaking downstairs to play with toy.
2. Unwrapping presents in the wine cellar.
3. Sneaking downstairs to make a late night snack (pineapple, tea), which he says his parents didn't allow.
4. Pretending to be asleep when parents and police officer entered his bedroom.
5. Being sneaky with a neighborhood boy, either while showing each other "their works" or doing more than that (age 7)
6. (If factual) Burke and Jonbenet getting caught playing doctor.
7. (assuming Burke did this) Smearing feces on a box of chocolates in Jonbenet's room.
( I also went on to write about some of the answers and behavior during the DP interview that struck me as sneaky. For instance, when asked if he and JB had eaten pineapple together that day, he replied, "maybe?" , smiling in a way that I found coy and...well...sneaky.)

As to the second part of your post that I bolded: to the best of my recollection, Burke never stated that he took the flashlight downstairs when he snuck down there to play with the toy. DP said that John lead Burke to bed that night by flashlight. Burke didn't disagree with this statement, he simply went on to say that he snuck downstairs after everyone was in bed. So did he sneak down there using the flashlight? My guess is that he did, but I don't think anyone can state that as a fact. JMO

Sadly over 70% of children who are murdered are murdered by family members so, yes, the majority of the time it's a parent doing it to their own child. It's the norm not the outlier.

Exactly, or someone, a relative or someone else very close to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304