Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice - Operations & Website

BBM I agree. I am in the minority here, but I believe that TS had to have known about their finances. I wonder if there was something else besides their finances that was wrong. The house was a mess. Can't put my finger on it, but looking at the pictures it seemed that it was some kind of temporary home. MOO

I agree, I think she knew. I certainly think it's possible she had been in the dark for a while and then all of MS's lies caught up with him. Then again she may have known all along. There are a lot of doctors out there that just aren't good business people.

MP told the detective in his interview that the Siever's didn't have a lot of money and that TS wanted to find a more affordable office space to lease. I think it's likely she had a better handle on the business finances vs. the personal finances. She may have known what she was bringing home each month but not have known the family's monthly expenses.

TS's office didn't accept insurance which would have made it easier for her to calculate (even in her head) the income she was generating... on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

As you can tell from my posts above, I was guesstimating on everything, basically trying to show that what may appear to be a lot of money, can dwindle quickly. I used the $450 initial office visit figure incorrectly as her hourly fee. Follow up visits were less, so I messed up on specifics.

So with my basic math and info errors, you can still see how that her net income was modest by MD standards. I have no clue what she wrote off as business expenses either. I do know the IRS looks hard at physician practices for some reason. I have friends that own their own businesses and run things like their home landscaping and upkeep etc through their business. And yes that bugs me.

In truth, when other people find out that your spouse is a physician, they automatically assume you are rich. It can take years to build up a practice to where you are not living paycheck to paycheck. I was told once I didn't marry the "right" kind of doctor because we didn't have a second house or fancy cars or "toys". I married a doctor who seems more like Dr. Sievers from the wonderful testimonials I have read here. Money doesn't buy class or character.

I can't help but get the impression that MS liked having ppl think that about him, especially in Missouri. He strikes me as a fake, an imposter, a phony. IMO, his wife was a means to get a leg up in life and change his status in his head. To whom much is given, much is expected. JMV, IMOO

According to the corporations division of Florida. TS and MS had a corporation registered called "Sievers & Company PLLC". A PLLC is a professional limited liability company. All fees paid to TS would in-fact be paid to the company. MS is listed as the Manager of the company and MS is also listed as the registered agent. The company was originally incorporated in 2005 with TS as the responsible party. MS was changed to the Manager and registered agent in 2009...No further mention of TS from that date.

As a PLLC all expenses would be offset against revenue before paying any taxes. The PLLC is its own legal entity and pays its own taxes at different rates to personal rates. The PLLC may have paid TS and MS a salary but that would be up to the PLLC to decide.

According to all my law studies in FL, [h=3]Advantages of Forming an PLLC in Florida[/h]The Sunshine State carries potential for small business owners seeking asset protection. A Florida PLLC combines the liability protection of a corporation with the tax treatment and ease of administration of a partnership.
Forming an LLC in Florida also offers:
Pass-through taxation. PLLCs typically enjoy pass-through taxation where the members (owners) report their share of the PLLC's profit or loss on their individual tax returns. Any tax due is then paid at the individual level. Pass-through taxation sidesteps the double taxation incurred by C corporations when income is taxed at the corporate level and again at the individual level if corporate profits are distributed as dividends to owners (shareholders).

For several years, with 2-3 appointments per year, I only saw three employees: Dr. Sievers, a receptionist, and her nurse/assistant Sandra. It was not until after the murder that I learned of LS working in the office. I was never referred to her. I had spoken on the phone with Mark only once concerning a billing issue.

My experience is almost the same..although I never spoke to Mark. It was only after Teresa was murdered that learned Sandra was not actually a nurse. Assistant would be the appropriate word for her. Very devoted and hard working employee.

According to all my law studies in FL, [h=3]Advantages of Forming an PLLC in Florida[/h]The Sunshine State carries potential for small business owners seeking asset protection. A Florida PLLC combines the liability protection of a corporation with the tax treatment and ease of administration of a partnership.
Forming an LLC in Florida also offers:
Pass-through taxation. PLLCs typically enjoy pass-through taxation where the members (owners) report their share of the PLLC's profit or loss on their individual tax returns. Any tax due is then paid at the individual level. Pass-through taxation sidesteps the double taxation incurred by C corporations when income is taxed at the corporate level and again at the individual level if corporate profits are distributed as dividends to owners (shareholders).

IIRC, the PLLC manager, and single member is MS. This would give him discretion to bind the company, withdraw funds from associated bank accounts, etc. Presumably the PLLC paid TS a salary, at least since she was removed as a manager. Personally, I am stumped as to why a doctor would form a limited liability company to practice medicine and then remove herself as a manager/member. I'm sure MS told TS it was for tax reasons, specifically keeping more cash in the company? The timing of the PPLC, MS addition and TS removal seems calculated, or at least planned.

2005 -2009 -- TS is sole manager/member of the LLC
4/30/2009 -- ANNUAL REPORT TS adds MS as manager of PLLC
6/22/2009 -- TS's attorney LLC refers to "sole member" LLC in petition for PLLC designation
7/06/2009 -- LLC Name Change. LLC to PLLC, no mention of MS in the designation letter
4/30/2010 -- ANNUAL REPORT MS is the only manager/member listed on PLLC

Who Has the Authority to Bind an LLC to a Contract?

There are two types of LLCs. One can be managed by its owners, who are called members, and are called member-managed LLCs. The other type allows members to hire managers to manage the LLC and these are called manager-managed LLCs. The majority of state statutes provide that if the operating agreement (the document that governs the operations of the LLC) does not specify, the LLC will be managed directly by its members. However, the founding members of the LLC can decide to centralize management for the organization and hire managers. Most state statutes provide that members have the authority to bind member-managed LLCs to a contract. Accordingly, if it is a manager-managed LLC, the managers have been delegated the authority to bind the LLC to a contract. The LLC operating agreement can also be written to specifically limit the ability for any manager or member to bind an LLC to a contract.

http://info.legalzoom.com/authority-bind-llc-contract-24289.html

All I can say is that I never paid these advertised rates. I never paid over $150 after the initial visit. All labs were paid by my insurance company directly to the lab company, not Dr. Sievers. Granite Labs and Radiology Regional were both located on the first floor of her office building. I did buy supplements from Dr. Sievers or the website using the registration information she provided.
strange but did anyone else notice on the website that all MD DO chiropractors and the rest that are qualified are referred to as Dr. but not XC and MP?

strange but did anyone else notice on the website that all MD DO chiropractors and the rest that are qualified are referred to as Dr. but not XC and MP?

I noticed that LS is A#1 in the list. She's no doctor, has no verifiable credentials for what she's advertising as healing, she's got a license, but it's for massage (not that there's anything wrong with that) while the others have years and years of higher education and experience in their fields. There is no history of her learning as an apprentice, an understudy, at the feet of a master, a bio of anything meaningful other than her desire to make someone feel better. Zippo credibility and yet she's placed at the top of the list in the most visible and "important" place on any list. In My Opinion.

:drumroll:

Something's not right there. There's not even the excuse of the list being in alphabetical order.

Sorry, referencing same page as I assume mikeinmo:

http://www.drteresasievers.com/resources.php#.Vpr6blNrjdQ

I noticed that LS is A#1 in the list. She's no doctor, has no verifiable credentials for what she's advertising as healing, she's got a license, but it's for massage (not that there's anything wrong with that) while the others have years and years of higher education and experience in their fields. There is no history of her learning as an apprentice, an understudy, at the feet of a master, a bio of anything meaningful other than her desire to make someone feel better. Zippo credibility and yet she's placed at the top of the list in the most visible and "important" place on any list. In My Opinion.

:drumroll:

Something's not right there. There's not even the excuse of the list being in alphabetical order.

Sorry, referencing same page as I assume mikeinmo:

http://www.drteresasievers.com/resources.php#.Vpr6blNrjdQ

I don't think I've ever viewed a doctor's website and found a referral page. And I've looked at a lot. Most docs refer based on a specific patient's need. And it's totally odd that there's referral for everything from a jeweler to a financial advisor to a dry cleaner. It reminds me of restaurants that have those paper placemats that advertise other businesses. Did MS charge these professionals for the referral?

The fact that there are some errors on the list of "resources" on her website doesn't surprise me considering who the office manager was....and maybe even the web designer...could have been as simple as the receptionist made a list and omitted the Dr. in error.

LS was actually working in the office (apparently I never met her) while everyone beneath her on the list had their own offices elsewhere. To me it makes sense to list her first and then move on to people outside of the practice.

I'm just going to remind everyone that LS was there because TS wanted her to be there.
TS was very progressive in that she was always looking for additional resources to offer her patients...during one of my visits we talked about medical intuitive's. I do intuitive work and she wondered if I knew any... She already had one at the time that she referred some patients to...and was looking for more. There were some patients that she had tested and done everything she could for them...she wanted to offer that something extra in case it might be the key for them.

The fact that there are some errors on the list of "resources" on her website doesn't surprise me considering who the office manager was....and maybe even the web designer...could have been as simple as the receptionist made a list and omitted the Dr. in error.

LS was actually working in the office (apparently I never met her) while everyone beneath her on the list had their own offices elsewhere. To me it makes sense to list her first and then move on to people outside of the practice.

I'm just going to remind everyone that LS was there because TS wanted her to be there.
TS was very progressive in that she was always looking for additional resources to offer her patients...during one of my visits we talked about medical intuitive's. I do intuitive work and she wondered if I knew any... She already had one at the time that she referred some patients to...and was looking for more. There were some patients that she had tested and done everything she could for them...she wanted to offer that something extra in case it might be the key for them.
Thanks, so much, for the insight on TS' business decisions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There is an MD after MP's name. Maybe MS was trying to be creative and switch it up a bit. A little strange either way. MS has docs listed two different ways. Seems strange not to keep things uniform.
Example 1 - Dr. John Smith
Example 2 - John Smith, MD

Most physician websites would state Dr. John Smith, MD or Dr. John Smith, DO.

The link for MP's website either doesn't work or it's down...

I wonder how much longer Dr. Sievers website will be operational. Somebody has to pay for the hosting of the site.

There is an MD after MP's name. Maybe MS was trying to be creative and switch it up a bit. A little strange either way. MS has docs listed two different ways. Seems strange not to keep things uniform.
Example 1 - Dr. John Smith
Example 2 - John Smith, MD

Most physician websites would state Dr. John Smith, MD or Dr. John Smith, DO.

The link for MP's website either doesn't work or it's down...

My DH and his partner go by Example #2. They are addressed by Dr by patients. I guess it is personal preference? "Real" doctors don't use both because it is redundant and it is the "real" doctors POV that they don't need it mentioned twice. LOL. DH MD just told me that lol. Of course.

ETA: A lot of doctors that are board certified do put initials after their name on the door of their office. Or display every diploma, certification, or whatever in frames in their office. I find this specific "elitism" thing amusing, but then again I am used to it.

My DH and his partner go by Example #2. They are addressed by Dr by patients. I guess it is personal preference? "Real" doctors don't use both because it is redundant and is the "real" doctors POV they don't need it mentioned twice. LOL. DH MD just told me that lol. Of course.

You tend to see Dr. John Smith, MD/DO in offices where there are both MDs and DOs or several mid-level HCP's. I suspect it's because patients don't always understand that Osteopaths are physicians. So if you just put John Smith, DO on your website, a percentage of your patient population doesn't think that John Smith is a doctor. So you tend to see docs listed as John Smith, MD when the practice is made up of only MD's.

I wonder how much longer Dr. Sievers website will be operational. Somebody has to pay for the hosting of the site.

I'm assuming he maintains the website because of the supplement business. Although I'm sure by this point sales have dropped. I can't imagine there are many patients still willing to support him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back