Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice for the sweet, caring, compassionate Dr. Teresa Sievers.
I believe that Teresa will eventually get justice; however, it doesn't sit well with me that CWW only got 25 years.

I just have to shake my head when I think of a talented, caring, fit, good looking young woman could become involved with a lowlife like MS. What did she see in him? Whatever it was, I'm sure that she didn't envision that he would murder her.

I myself would not have had that much life insurance on myself. I guess that I watch too many crime shows about one spouse murdering the other spouse for money.

I believe that Teresa will eventually get justice; however, it doesn't sit well with me that CWW only got 25 years.

I just have to shake my head when I think of a talented, caring, fit, good looking young woman could become involved with a lowlife like MS. What did she see in him? Whatever it was, I'm sure that she didn't envision that he would murder her.

I myself would not have had that much life insurance on myself. I guess that I watch too many crime shows about one spouse murdering the other spouse for money.
I hear you. I think many married folks in retrospect think "what did I ever see in him/her" Agree about the life insurance too. MS is a greedy who will get what he deserves. I wish his girls a beautiful life.

On 7/25 at 130 pm there is a CADR Abatement hearing in the custody case.

CADR stands for Collaboration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, which is a method of reducing litigation and helping the parties mediate their dispute. Abatement means to suppress or terminate something - when paired with CADR, it likely means to avoid litigation.

Wondering if the custody will finally be finished or Mark is wanting more phone time if he is currently still receiving it. Perhaps the paternal side of the family re his brother's adoption petition is the focus. So many possibilities.

Swift was the Judge but now Judge Keith Cary is presiding.

On 7/25 at 130 pm there is a CADR Abatement hearing in the custody case.

CADR stands for Collaboration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, which is a method of reducing litigation and helping the parties mediate their dispute. Abatement means to suppress or terminate something - when paired with CADR, it likely means to avoid litigation.

Wondering if the custody will finally be finished or Mark is wanting more phone time if he is currently still receiving it. Perhaps the paternal side of the family re his brother's adoption petition is the focus. So many possibilities.

Swift was the Judge but now Judge Keith Cary is presiding.

I remember, way back, MS was no longer allowed any contact with the girls. None. I don’t know about other family members though. Gosh it was so many threads back I don’t even know how to find it here

Monday, June 3rd:
*Motions Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 5/9/19 reference post #122 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

5/9/19 Update: Sievers has Motions hearing on 5/14. Rodgers has pretrial conference hearing on 5/14.
5/14/19 Update: Next motions hearing on 6/3 for both.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.

Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials.

Can't find anything on the motions meeting scheduled for today. Anyone know if it happened ?
Not much, but it looks like they were in court

FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Mark Sievers and one of the men he's accused of hiring to kill his wife headed back to court Monday morning for a pretrial conference.

Additional witnesses have been added to the case and the judge set the pre-trial to begin on June 14th.

Mark Sievers makes court appearance ahead of murder trial

Friday, June 14th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing for both (@ 8:30am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 5/9/19 reference post #122 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

5/9/19 Update: Sievers has Motions hearing on 5/14. Rodgers has pretrial conference hearing on 5/14.
5/14/19 Update: Next motions hearing on 6/3 for both. 6/3/19: Additional witnesses have been added. Next pretrial hearing on 6/14 for both.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials.

From the link above

Mark and another man, Jimmy Rodgers, are now expected to go to trial on October 1. Both are facing second-degree murder charges.

Hopefully the 10/1 date will be it!

re bold - WRONG!!

Sievers:
MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED WITH WEAPON (PRINCIPAL)

Rodgers: MURDER FIRST DEGREE PREMEDITATED WITH WEAPON

Sorry about all caps - just copy/pasting! :)

and here is what happened in court:

Sievers:

Docket:
06/13/2019 Notice of Filing Filed
of Proposed Amended Venire Questionnaire

06/13/2019 State Response to Motion Filed
To Declare Florida's Capital Sentencing Scheme Unconstitutional as Violative of the Eighth Amendment...and Evolving Standards of Decency

Motion in Limine Pertaining to Prepaid Phones

Motion to Suppress Unlawful Search and Seizure (July 13, 2015)

To Declare Florida's Capital Sentencing Scheme Unconstitutional as Violative of the Eighth Amendment...and Evolving Standards of Decency

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDet...oIMpaXbay5h3v+AjYMkCPvE6uLhV4Z3B00IUx4yajmQ==

Rodgers:

Docket:

link: https://matrix.leeclerk.org/CaseDet...hxBKOIr7S/qrHVRnBNQdmD08PhwutzKN2XfenNOrCUw==

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member