Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this so I can get rid of the jury selection part.... :) Updates in red.

Tuesday, October 8th:
*Jury Selection Continues (Day 6) (@ 8:30am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/1/19 – with jury selection. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 10/3/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

10/4/19 Day 4 Jury Selection: Round 2: 20 people questioned. Lunch. 12 people more to go of the 20. 2 have been excused. After lunch, 1 person excused for hardship & 1 against DP. Jury selection is done... for the day. Wrapped up just before 6:30pm. Have more questioning scheduled for Monday 10/7 & Tuesday, 10/8. About 60 potential jurors were left at the beginning of phase two of selection, during which they were questioned about their beliefs on the death penalty. This phase is expected to last at least three and a half days in court as all the jurors have to be brought into the courtroom individually to answer capital punishment-related questions. The final phase of selection is expected to finish next Wednesday or Thursday. But Monday 10/7 will start with a quick hearing for Sievers.
10/7/19 Day 5 Jury Selection: Jurors will show up at 10:30 am for more questioning. Judge just announced to court he released the potential jurors for lunch already. His morning docket is taking too long so jury questions won't begin until 1pm. Also, one potential juror didn't show up. Judge bringing in half of today's crew now to send them home. The judge has addressed the no show juror on Monday. He asked that she be contacted and told that she must be in court Tuesday at 8:30. The judge asked the state and defense if there is any other action they want him to take in regards to this potential juror. They say no. The judge says there are 24 potential jurors remaining to be questioned in phase two of the selection process. 12 of those are being questioned Monday afternoon, and the other 12 on Tuesday, 10/8. Other potential jurors from last week were asked to return Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. There is no court on Wednesday, and jury selection is likely to continue into Thursday, and possibly Friday.
10/8/19 Day 6 Jury Selection: Group of about 12 people to be questioned before lunch, then will move on to phase 3 of questioning. The jury pool right now is about 50 people. Judge will consider the plan for these seven over lunch. He'll have them subject to recall on Thursday morning should they need them. After lunch, he may release them. We expect to hear traditional voir dire questions for the remaining 43. Law enforcement in family, victims of crimes, arrests. Court will closed 10/9 for Yom Kippur. Potential jurors down to 41. Jury has been picked. 5 men & 8 women. 2 alternates - 1 man & 1 women. Trial starts on 10/10.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Next Trial Call hearing on 10/14.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Please correct me if I have the jury count wrong.... confused on that part! :rolleyes:

Posting this so I can get rid of the jury selection part.... :) Updates in red.

Tuesday, October 8th:
*Jury Selection Continues (Day 6) (@ 8:30am ET) - FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) - *Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) arrested & charged (2/23/16) & arraigned (5/5/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder & burglary. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 10/1/19 – with jury selection. Trial expected to last 4 to 5 weeks.
Court hearings from 1/25/19 thru 10/3/19 reference post #619 here:
Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers, 3 June 2019

10/4/19 Day 4 Jury Selection: Round 2: 20 people questioned. Lunch. 12 people more to go of the 20. 2 have been excused. After lunch, 1 person excused for hardship & 1 against DP. Jury selection is done... for the day. Wrapped up just before 6:30pm. Have more questioning scheduled for Monday 10/7 & Tuesday, 10/8. About 60 potential jurors were left at the beginning of phase two of selection, during which they were questioned about their beliefs on the death penalty. This phase is expected to last at least three and a half days in court as all the jurors have to be brought into the courtroom individually to answer capital punishment-related questions. The final phase of selection is expected to finish next Wednesday or Thursday. But Monday 10/7 will start with a quick hearing for Sievers.
10/7/19 Day 5 Jury Selection: Jurors will show up at 10:30 am for more questioning. Judge just announced to court he released the potential jurors for lunch already. His morning docket is taking too long so jury questions won't begin until 1pm. Also, one potential juror didn't show up. Judge bringing in half of today's crew now to send them home. The judge has addressed the no show juror on Monday. He asked that she be contacted and told that she must be in court Tuesday at 8:30. The judge asked the state and defense if there is any other action they want him to take in regards to this potential juror. They say no. The judge says there are 24 potential jurors remaining to be questioned in phase two of the selection process. 12 of those are being questioned Monday afternoon, and the other 12 on Tuesday, 10/8. Other potential jurors from last week were asked to return Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. There is no court on Wednesday, and jury selection is likely to continue into Thursday, and possibly Friday.
10/8/19 Day 6 Jury Selection: Group of about 12 people to be questioned before lunch, then will move on to phase 3 of questioning. The jury pool right now is about 50 people. Judge will consider the plan for these seven over lunch. He'll have them subject to recall on Thursday morning should they need them. After lunch, he may release them. We expect to hear traditional voir dire questions for the remaining 43. Law enforcement in family, victims of crimes, arrests. Court will closed 10/9 for Yom Kippur. Potential jurors down to 41. Jury has been picked. 5 men & 8 women. 2 alternates - 1 man & 1 women. Trial starts on 10/10.
*Mark D. Sievers (50) – Next Trial Call hearing on 10/14.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal. Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Please correct me if I have the jury count wrong.... confused on that part! :rolleyes:

Jaclyn Bevis

@jbevis10

This is wrong. I said I’m bad at numbers. My esteemed fellow reporter advised me its 5 men 7 women. #imareporter #trialtweets

This trial will be very important for info into how events unfolded since Mark was not there. Mark's case will also explore what ever he was doing on the side. Workers at the practice will be witnesses. Both trials are very important. Taylor the ex gf of JRR will be another star witness for the state

I really wish I had time to read back over some of the discovery. It has been so long and well, the ole memory isn’t has good as it used to be. I’m sure GF Shoemaker (correct me if that name is incorrect) will testify about him leaving the phone, clothes etc. I. Can’t. Wait. to hear a guilty verdict!

I really wish I had time to read back over some of the discovery. It has been so long and well, the ole memory isn’t has good as it used to be. I’m sure GF Shoemaker (correct me if that name is incorrect) will testify about him leaving the phone, clothes etc. I. Can’t. Wait. to hear a guilty verdict!
she is testifying in this trial. they are no longer together.

I asked the question if anyone knows if Angela and CWW are still together. No one heard otherwise but I just can’t imagine, after admitting something so horrific, that she would stay with him.

I wonder. I think the last we knew of her, she was visiting him but not often because of finances. That was probably a couple of years ago now, though.

She was ready to lie for him. She tried manipulating her mother into believing she (Angela) had told her CWW was ill in bed, the weekend he was in FL. Her mother was having none of it.

Hopefully her mother's knocked some sense into her and she's moved on, but somehow I doubt it.

I have been unable to confirm that trial is being live streamed. Does anyone know anything? Sent a tweet to Brooke Shafer of Wink, no response yet. Don't see anything reported on Crime and Law, nor Court TV re streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288