Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't come on here last night. It's getting on to late evening where I am, when trial day ends.

Wright's quiet manner and husky voice might make more of an impact on the Jury. I hope. I was sick at the opening statements when Hunter said Teresa fought back, but only because I knew she was aware of what was happening to her. I always hoped the first blow knocked her out.

To here him say she asked "Why?" made my blood run cold. That and the distress on Mary Ann and Lisa's faces, shook me. At one point I thought Lisa was going to erupt and I was willing her not to. I can't get Mary Anne's face out of my mind and I don't say that to be dramatic. Everything about her had me in tears. I'll echo Daisy, I thought about AmazonRain, Wow and anyone else in here who knew Teresa.

I now think Rogers will take the stand.

Defense is trying to pin TS’s death on CWW alone due to questioning number of calculated hammer hit impressions on her skull. ME stated they couldn’t tell how many it looked like—so the number of 3 hits questionable, like could be 3 or could be more but defense would like jurors to think just 3, as CWW said he did at first. JMO, that doesn’t make sense due to how her head was bashed in according to the doc friend who found her. Anyway, some things can’t be specifically determined, but geez. State just asked about that now.

What really got me about yesterday, is when CWW said “Well what I would have liked to happened is to have had it look like an accident”, SO CASUALLY. My jaw dropped at that point because in that statement he relaxed and didn’t seem scripted. He seemed so cold, like he would do it all over again if he could do it better.
I was thinking the same thing! CWW's personality traits certainly seem to resemble the classic psychopath (as well as MS and JR), and at the very least, the DSM-5 features of antisocial personality disorder: (Note to jurors: birds of a feather flock together)
  • Violation of the physical or emotional rights of others
  • Lack of stability in job and home life
  • Irritability and aggression
  • Lack of remorse
  • Consistent irresponsibility
  • Recklessness, impulsivity
  • Deceitfulness
  • A childhood diagnosis (or symptoms consistent with) conduct disorder
Antisocial Personality Disorder | Psychology Today

I also got the feeling CWW was deceptive in his testimony yesterday when he talked about the conversations he and Mark had about Marks desire to have his wife killed. CWW's testimony seemed jumbled and not very credible in that regard, in my opinion of course. I don't think Mark beat around the bush when asking for CW's help - enticing with CWW with . "how would you like to make $100,000"?

Last edited:
Defense is trying to pin TS’s death on CWW alone due to questioning number of calculated hammer hit impressions on her skull. ME stated they couldn’t tell how many it looked like—so the number of 3 hits questionable, like could be 3 or could be more but defense would like jurors to think just 3, as CWW said he did at first. JMO, that doesn’t make sense due to how her head was bashed in according to the doc friend who found her. Anyway, some things can’t be specifically determined, but geez. State just asked about that now.
Didn't we hear initially, way back, that it was 17 strikes?

Agree. But hard to get around his bringing a jumpsuit, a hammer (in the cooler), duct tape - and telling his girlfriend that they did it for money. I don't know too many thieves that worry about DNA to that degree. Fingerprints maybe but full coveralls with duct taped openings - complete consciousness of what he was going to do in Florida, in my opinion.
Speaking of jumpsuit, I am really confused about JR's jumpsuit. The one that was tossed aside the road had no blood evidence, so why toss it. There had to be another jumpsuit that would have blood on it wouldn't you think. CWW's testimony stated the JRR only brought along two jumpsuits - one for himself and one for CWW.

Speaking of jumpsuit, I am really confused about JR's jumpsuit. The one that was tossed aside the road had no blood evidence, so why toss it. There had to be another jumpsuit that would have blood on it wouldn't you think. CWW's testimony stated the JRR only brought along two jumpsuits - one for himself and one for CWW.

It was tossed because it was used in the commission of a murder. Why else would it be? From the time it was tossed until the time it was recovered there were many weeks in July and August 2015. Weather tables show that there was at least 7 inches plus of rain during those months, including a good thunderstorm in the middle of August. Further, it was out in the elements - and not to be gross - but there are animals out there. Finally, this was a coverall used as protective gear at a place where there were environmental hazards. If the suits are treated in any way to be acid resistant or fire resistant, they could have a scotch guard like application that would keep liquids from penetrating the threads (like water on something waxed) - it would just roll off. The car tested positive for blood but they didn't enter that due to the many times the car changed hands (it was a rental) before it was brought into custody. By the way, Jimmy's inclusion of the coveralls and duct tape (in his cooler) lead me to believe he knew exactly what he was headed to Florida to do - never mind the statement to his girlfriend (who did excellent on the stand in light of terrifying circumstances).

Last edited by a moderator:
It was tossed because it was used in the commission of a murder. Why else would it be? From the time it was tossed until the time it was recovered was many weeks in July and August 2015. Weather tables show that there was at least 7 inches plus of rain during those months, including a good thunderstorm in the middle of August. Further, it was out in the elements - and not to be gross - but there are animals out there. Finally, this was a coverall used as protective gear at a place where there were environmental hazards. If the suits are treated in any way to be acid resistant or fire resistant, they could have a scotch guard like application that would keep liquids from penetrating the threads (like water on something waxed) - it would just roll off. The car tested positive for blood but they didn't enter that due to the many times the car changed hands (it was a rental) before it was brought into custody. By the way, the inclusion of the coveralls and duct tape lead me to believe he knew exactly what he was headed to Florida to do - never mind the statement to his girlfriend (who did excellent on the stand in light of terrifying circumstances).
Yep, both CWW and Taylor testified about the duct tape and gloves so that nails JRR pretty good. I thought for sure the coveralls would have blood stains, but if they were treated that could be why. Thanks for your insight.

I'm back for a quick min ….

1.The ME today on the stand said … Coyne went on to say that he determined her cause of death to be blunt force trauma. He said there were 17 impact wounds.

Jimmy Rodgers trial: The State rests its case, defense makes motion for acquittal: Day 7

2.Mark told CK that "she was hit in the back of the head 17 times" when she visited him shortly after the murder.

3.No one knew what was in the autopsy report other than the ME at that time when Mark told CK. There is no way Mark will get himself out of spending the rest of his life behind bars.

Just sitting here thinking about the last 5 years and Teresa’s family. As difficult as it is for them to sit through JR’s trial, I can’t even fathom what it will be like when MS is on trial. I mean... it is so hard for us, who never knew Teresa in this life. Those poor, sweet children, who most likely still love their dad and just don’t understand. It’s one of the most heartbreaking things I’ve ever known about.

I think there isn’t a chance in he$$ that JR will walk from this and Mark is right behind him. I’m ready for this to be over for Teresa’s family and friends.

I didn't come on here last night. It's getting on to late evening where I am, when trial day ends.

Wright's quiet manner and husky voice might make more of an impact on the Jury. I hope. I was sick at the opening statements when Hunter said Teresa fought back, but only because I knew she was aware of what was happening to her. I always hoped the first blow knocked her out.

To here him say she asked "Why?" made my blood run cold. That and the distress on Mary Ann and Lisa's faces, shook me. At one point I thought Lisa was going to erupt and I was willing her not to. I can't get Mary Anne's face out of my mind and I don't say that to be dramatic. Everything about her had me in tears. I'll echo Daisy, I thought about AmazonRain, Wow and anyone else in here who knew Teresa.

I now think Rogers will take the stand.

That may be one reason defense attorneys wanted to delay the Judges ruling until Monday. I bet JR was ready to say he would take the stand. His attorneys may have needed the week end to talk him out of taking the stand and maybe try to take a plea deal....2 days to change his mind. I think he is stubborn, bull headed like Arias. He will do what he wants to. Monday is not to far away.

I have a question.....where can I find Thursday’s taped trial? I was trying to watch discreetly, the trial at my friends store....but it got the better of me and I said out loud...I hope the jury did not see that. Everyone looked at me and so I had to explain. What I saw was in the public seating, behind the lawyers, was a dark haired lady, she turned to someone behind her and used the motion with her index finger pointed at her temple looking back and forth at the person behind her and then the person testifying (think is was CW) the motion was “he is crazy”...and appeared to me she slightly shook her head.

I was shocked she would do this in the court room, with a jury present...well maybe I should not be shocked if I am correct.

Anyway, I want to rewatch it to make sure I am correct and figure out who the lady was.
Thanks

I'm back for a quick min ….

1.The ME today on the stand said … Coyne went on to say that he determined her cause of death to be blunt force trauma. He said there were 17 impact wounds.

Jimmy Rodgers trial: The State rests its case, defense makes motion for acquittal: Day 7

2.Mark told CK that "she was hit in the back of the head 17 times" when she visited him shortly after the murder.

3.No one knew what was in the autopsy report other than the ME at that time when Mark told CK. There is no way Mark will get himself out of spending the rest of his life behind bars.

Good catch with MS knowing about 17 impact hits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88