Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
New filing 30 July.

Notice of discovery for a mitochondrial DNA report.

MtDNA shows maternal lineage, so I'm struggling to think of the relevance.

View attachment 195910

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/

In other cases, I have heard that they can only do mitochondrial DNA for some ttpes of hair samples.

Perhaps they found a hair sample and they have done the genealogy to identify whose hair it was at the scene?

ETA Mitochondrial DNA Examination of Cold Case Crime Scene Hairs

"During the 1990s, forensic scientists learned that while naturally shed human hair roots and hair fragments lacking any root at all do not contain sufficient nuclear DNA for routine STR typing, they contain abundant mitochondrial DNA (Figure 2). Today, the ability to perform mtDNA analysis on virtually any head or body hair is a bonus technique in the investigation of criminal cases."

In other cases, I have heard that they can only do mitochondrial DNA for some ttpes of hair samples.

Perhaps they found a hair sample and they have done the genealogy to identify whose hair it was at the scene?

ETA Mitochondrial DNA Examination of Cold Case Crime Scene Hairs

"During the 1990s, forensic scientists learned that while naturally shed human hair roots and hair fragments lacking any root at all do not contain sufficient nuclear DNA for routine STR typing, they contain abundant mitochondrial DNA (Figure 2). Today, the ability to perform mtDNA analysis on virtually any head or body hair is a bonus technique in the investigation of criminal cases."
Thanks, after reading your link I'd say it's a good chance it's related to hair evidence.

Thanks, after reading your link I'd say it's a good chance it's related to hair evidence.

Ha! I just remembered the quote from long ago with his case, how they refer to each other as a brother from another mother. That just hit me as funny due to mitochondrial is from the mother's side of the family only.

Unless during court, they want to confuse the jury and say that they have the same mother with somebody else whose hair it was? Just kidding. But then again, wouldn't pass anything against the defense in doing something that is outrageous.

ETA, doing genealogy on DNA might explain why this is such a late introduction of evidence in the case, as I'm sure they had this DNA for a very long time? M o o

They would not being doing genealogy on mtDNA.

I see your point, they probably have the DNA from everyone so they would not be needing to do genealogy testing.

Maybe they wouldn't do it, but that doesn't mean they could not do it?. Moo

A mitochondrial DNA test (mtDNA test) traces a person's matrilineal or mother-line ancestry using the DNA in his or her mitochondria. mtDNA is passed down by the mother unchanged, to all her children, both male and female. A mitochondrial DNA test, can therefore be taken by both men and women.

Mitochondrial DNA tests - ISOGG Wiki

I agree, the test referring above to the mitochondrial DNA test was just referring to the results.

Interesting. YES, delay tactics. The games legal defense play. “Brother from another mother” conjures a memory early on in this case discussion as a member here put it, “a sibling from another dribbling”.

Realize shortly Wanye will have served 1/5 of his sentence with credits for time already served in county jails. I am beginning to think we are all going to be gone before this mess gets to trial. Except for that cockroach who seems to have nine lives.

State's response to JRR's motion to sever attached. There are 6 pages but I've only done the first 3 relevant ones. (The files from Lee County are too big to upload without editing.)

Also filed are an order for MS to incur costs for deposition transcripts (I made it 106 depositions). And JRR's motion to strike the death penalty (21 pages) with the State's response (107 pages).

Tomorrow is also the last scheduled pre-trial conference before the trial is due to start.

https://matrix.leeclerk.org/Cases/Search

Attachments

• State Response - Motion to Sever (1).pdf
    102.8 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics