Dr visit/ bus stop... help me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any idea how much Kaine is worth dead? Do we know of any insurance policies? How much would TH have gained? Why would Kyron have to be out of the way? Is there a will that cuts TH out if KH dies?

No, all of this is speculation only. I am conjecturing that he at least has an insurance policy, and also a will of some sort. I think it is a reasonable supposition, given his life circumstances, especially considering that he has a child from a prior marriage who would need to be protected and provided for. Also basing it on the idea that money could be a possible motive for MFH, especially if she would have to pay a substantial amount to the hit man.

But, again, this is all MOO.

ETA: And if those suppositions are true, then having Kyron out of the way would mean that all inheritance would go to TH and baby K, instead of being split with Kyron.

I apologize upfront if this has been asked/answered elsewhere on the Kyron threads, but I'm puzzled about the bus stop situation on June 4.

I've seen aerial views of the Horman home and noticed that it appears to be somehat isolated from other homes. If Kyron was not on the bus that afternoon, why did the bus driver make the stop anyway? Was Kyron's home along the route to another stop? Was the bus driver required to do the complete route even though the stop at the Horman home was unnecessary? If Kaine and Terri hadn't been standing at the bus stop, would the driver have made an obligatory stop there? What happened that morning? Did the bus driver make the stop at the Horman home as usual, or had the transportation department been notified that Kyron would be driven to school that day?

Since this thread topic includes "bus stop", I'm taking this opportunity to ask about this because it's been bugging me for a while. Hopefully, LE has looked into all of this and are fully aware of the circumstances regarding the bus situation on June 4.

I apologize upfront if this has been asked/answered elsewhere on the Kyron threads, but I'm puzzled about the bus stop situation on June 4.

I've seen aerial views of the Horman home and noticed that it appears to be somehat isolated from other homes. If Kyron was not on the bus that afternoon, why did the bus driver make the stop anyway? Was Kyron's home along the route to another stop? Was the bus driver required to do the complete route even though the stop at the Horman home was unnecessary? If Kaine and Terri hadn't been standing at the bus stop, would the driver have made an obligatory stop there? What happened that morning? Did the bus driver make the stop at the Horman home as usual, or had the transportation department been notified that Kyron would be driven to school that day?

Since this thread topic includes "bus stop", I'm taking this opportunity to ask about this because it's been bugging me for a while. Hopefully, LE has looked into all of this and are fully aware of the circumstances regarding the bus situation on June 4.

I'm thinking because the bus driver saw Kaine and Terri standing there waiting. He probably saw them other days, so knew they must be expecting Kyron to get off the bus. So stopped to find out what was going on since Kyron wasn't on the bus.

No, all of this is speculation only. I am conjecturing that he at least has an insurance policy, and also a will of some sort. I think it is a reasonable supposition, given his life circumstances, especially considering that he has a child from a prior marriage who would need to be protected and provided for. Also basing it on the idea that money could be a possible motive for MFH, especially if she would have to pay a substantial amount to the hit man.

But, again, this is all MOO.

ETA: And if those suppositions are true, then having Kyron out of the way would mean that all inheritance would go to TH and baby K, instead of being split with Kyron.

Ahhh... K... wasn't sure if there were articles or videos about this too. I'm a step mom and am named beneficiary on all monies my husband has... all 5 children (one his step child) are named as secondaries in case I'm already deceased...

As a light hearted aside, his will says, "Give everything to the damn wife and bury me out back with the cat."

The bus route shows that there was one more stop after Kyron's. The bus driver stopped because Kaine and Terri were there at the stop.

curiouserthangeorge: Without more information on what the school knew and when they knew it, this is a circular problem without an answer. The teacher says Terri told her there was an appointment - but is there a note somewhere? The teacher had no reason to doubt her, but was the teacher confused that it was that particular Friday, or was Terri confused?

What the heck happened to Kyron that day? From the beginning the reports about the school have made me a little crazy. It's hard to say who had the most responsibility - Terri or the teacher. Actually they both did, but something went terribly wrong.

BetteDavis: I'm thinking the Bus Driver must have been flagged down by KH that afternoon when he didn't stop to let Kyron out.

The way most school buses work, they stop in the morning and if a kid isn't there - running up the driveway or something - they move on. My kids have missed the bus several thousand times in their lives because we live 2 blocks from the nearest bus stop (at the end of a dead end road) and have to either walk or drive there. It was the same way where I lived growing up. It's up to the parents to get the kids to the bustop and then pick them up in the evening, which they tried to do.

The question for me is whether Terri knew Kyron wasn't going to be on that bus and was she pretending to fool Kaine?

Ahhh... K... wasn't sure if there were articles or videos about this too. I'm a step mom and am named beneficiary on all monies my husband has... all 5 children (one his step child) are named as secondaries in case I'm already deceased...

As a light hearted aside, his will says, "Give everything to the damn wife and bury me out back with the cat."

Haha!

I'm sure it's often done the way you describe, but I think it is also common to have provisions for the child of a previous marriage (to leave the stepparent out of the equation).

Its been states that yes the bus route included a stop past the horman s bus stop, therefor the bus would have gone past the horman stop even tho the driver knew kyron wasnt on the bus therefor no need to stop because kyron was the only one that got off at that bus stop(per Kaine)... It was also asked then why did the driver stop at the horman stop if she knew kyron was NOT on the bus. My answer would be that she clearly saw the 3 of them(KH,TMH,babyK)standing there at the stop as she was passing by to go on to the next stop and of course knowing that Kyron was not on the bus she naturally would be curious as to why the fam was standing at the stop evidently with the belief of kyron being on the bus...
Thus you have the driver calling the school and that set into motion the entire chain of events that started "the disappearance of kyron"

Its been states that yes the bus route included a stop past the horman s bus stop, therefor the bus would have gone past the horman stop even tho the driver knew kyron wasnt on the bus therefor no need to stop because kyron was the only one that got off at that bus stop(per Kaine)... It was also asked then why did the driver stop at the horman stop if she knew kyron was NOT on the bus. My answer would be that she clearly saw the 3 of them(KH,TMH,babyK)standing there at the stop as she was passing by to go on to the next stop and of course knowing that Kyron was not on the bus she naturally would be curious as to why the fam was standing at the stop evidently with the belief of kyron being on the bus...
Thus you have the driver calling the school and that set into motion the entire chain of events that started "the disappearance of kyron"

Or, quite possibly, the driver didn't realize Kyron wasn't on the bus. I don't know that bus drivers are always 100% aware of who all got on, especially for the trip back from school. So the driver may have made the stop as usual (especially due to seeing the family there), and been just as surprised as anyone else when Kyron failed to get off.

Or, quite possibly, the driver didn't realize Kyron wasn't on the bus. I don't know that bus drivers are always 100% aware of who all got on, especially for the trip back from school. So the driver may have made the stop as usual (especially due to seeing the family there), and been just as surprised as anyone else when Kyron failed to get off.

Well that's a good question. At the end of the day, are bus drivers told how many kids they should have based on children who left during the day? And children who didn't take the bus in the morning but were brought to school later? Do they count the kids at least?

Well that's a good question. At the end of the day, are bus drivers told how many kids they should have based on children who left during the day? And children who didn't take the bus in the morning but were brought to school later? Do they count the kids at least?

Not at my school...

Not at any school I ever attended, and not at my children's schools. Buses are a free-for-all in most places. It's up to the parents to know where their kids are supposed to be.

I have seen cases where kids fell asleep on the way to school or fell asleep and never got off the bus. Young kids sometimes get distracted and miss their stops, too. In every case where that has happened at our schools, the bus driver found them at the end of the route and returned them home - they are supposed to look back through the seats at the end of a route.

One more thing: Not all buses are run by the schools. Our system has a separate bus system, and the drivers would have no way of knowing who attended school that day or not.

For our school yes and the head count must be done by the bus driver and then by one teacher(whoever has bus duty). Having a child miss the bus/be unaccounted for would be a huge liability for the school. If this is Skyline's policy i have no idea.

Yikes well after reading the above posts, I'm glad my little school takes some responsibility for the kids that attend.They also call home when a child is not present and attendance is taken twice a day.

For our school yes and the head count must be done by the bus driver and then by one teacher(whoever has bus duty). Having a child miss the bus/be unaccounted for would be a huge liability for the school. If this is Skyline's policy i have no idea.

Yikes well after reading the above posts, I'm glad my little school takes some responsibility for the kids that attend.They also call home when a child is not present and attendance is taken twice a day.

Yes, it does sound like the school you're referring to is extremely security conscious. We already know that Skyline does not have the call-home policy, so it's probably a safe bet that they are like most other schools with regard to children boarding buses. (I attended many schools growing up and never went to one that either called home or monitored who boarded the bus.) JMO

Yes, it does sound like the school you're referring to is extremely security conscious. We already know that Skyline does not have the call-home policy, so it's probably a safe bet that they are like most other schools with regard to children boarding buses. (I attended many schools growing up and never went to one that either called home or monitored who boarded the bus.) JMO

I think your correct in that there is no bussing policy in place at skyline by the comments made by Matt Shelby.(schools spokesman)

"On any given day, kids don't ride the bus when they should, prompting parents to call their school, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for the school district.

"Nine times out of 10 they're found within the hour or so," he said. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

When my son was at the elementary level, you were on a "bus riders" list. If you did not intend to ride the bus home, you had to bring a note from home letting the teacher know that your parent or guardian would pick you up that day. There were separate places in the pick up zones for "bus riders" and "parent pick ups". Our bus drivers certainly knew who the regular bus riders were. There were a few times when one of my sons friends rode the bus home with him to spend the night. In those cases, the child had to provide a note from his parent that "Johnny will be riding the bus home with Roy Smith" today, Friday, March 9" for example.

I think your correct in that there is no bussing policy in place at skyline by the comments made by Matt Shelby.(schools spokesman)

"On any given day, kids don't ride the bus when they should, prompting parents to call their school, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for the school district.

"Nine times out of 10 they're found within the hour or so," he said. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_may_have_s.html

Every day they have kids who never make it onto their buses??? :eek:

When my son was at the elementary level, you were on a "bus riders" list. If you did not intend to ride the bus home, you had to bring a note from home letting the teacher know that your parent or guardian would pick you up that day. There were separate places in the pick up zones for "bus riders" and "parent pick ups". Our bus drivers certainly knew who the regular bus riders were. There were a few times when one of my sons friends rode the bus home with him to spend the night. In those cases, the child had to provide a note from his parent that "Johnny will be riding the bus home with Roy Smith" today, Friday, March 9" for example.

I would say most of this is true at my school also. But the bus driver wouldn't be doing a head count or anything. All that organization stuff is on the school's end, not the bus driver's end.

I do think bus drivers tend to notice if someone is missing. I'd say chances are Kyron's driver knew he wasn't on the bus. He most likely saw the Hormans and stopped to tell them so.

Every day they have kids who never make it onto their buses??? :eek:

Scary isn't it? It somewhat explains the other thing that bothered me in this article, no wonder it seems lowest priority if this is such a common occurrence.. I think the school districts have some explaining to do..

"Officials at Skyline School didn't notify the boy's parents after realizing he was absent. The initial report was given the "lowest priority" rating by emergency dispatchers. Rush-hour traffic Friday evening delayed arrival of trained searchers, who gathered first at the Multnomah County sheriff's patrol office in outer Northeast Portland, then traveled to the site. Getting to the school and Kyron's neighborhood, in the rural northwestern corner of Multnomah County, took more than a half-hour. "

Hi all,
I am a new poster (Candyland), but found Websleuths from the second day Lacie Peterson went missing. I FINALLY figured out how to get registered on Websleuths!! I want to say that I TRULY believe that Kyron WAS NOT at school on Science Fair Day!! I think the picture of Kyron with his science project was most likely taken the evening before. I think in all of the excitement of the science fair that EVERYONE got very confused thinking Kyron was at school when, in fact, he was not. That, my friends, gave TH even more time to get rid of Kyron!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304