Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The judge sends for the jury. Attorney Brodsky: “Your Honor, the defense rests.”

The discussion of exhibits is now ended. Judge Burmila addresses the defendant: Mr. Peterson, stand please . . . have you reached a position as to whether or not you will testify?” “I will not testify.” “That is your decision?” “Yes, Sir.”
asked him again? daily?

In Session The judge sends for the jury. Attorney Brodsky: “Your Honor, the defense rests.”

Wow for all their slick talking, swarmy, cocky tudes.. they sure didnt do much of a defense... ..
Lets hope the jury sees the truth and kathleen gets justice

We need a solid rebuttal from the state, then hard hitting, powerful closing statements that ensure drew gets his 3 squares, a cot, and "bling" as he calls it, forever!

Wow for all their slick talking, swarmy, cocky tudes.. they sure didnt do much of a defense... ..
Lets hope the jury sees the truth and kathleen gets justice

Yup and all the "bombshells" when it was their turn, lol.

I hope the pro in closing can really give the jury a more clear understanding of why A connects with B and so on, because so far nothing really has put him at the scene. Common sense hopefully will prevail for Kathleen, and Stacy for that matter.

The Jury might have missed some stuff, while figuring out what to wear the next day, in all ;).

We need a solid rebuttal from the state, then hard hitting, powerful closing statements that ensure drew gets his 3 squares, a cot, and "bling" as he calls it, forever!

Yes, that's pretty much the size of it.

I'm feeling more confident now that he'll be convicted than I was at any time during the prosecution's case. I suspect the defense would have been better off not presenting a case at all, and just contending to the jury that the prosecution didn't reach their burden.

As it is, they tried and made a mess of it. Unless the jury is stupid, he's toast.

The jurors leave the courtroom. The judge and the attorneys, however, remain in the courtroom. Attorney Goldberg asks the Court about the rebuttal… “It’s not fair for the State to get a second bite of the apple, and I don’t want surprises tomorrow morning. I’d like you to instruct the State to truly limit their case to rebuttal.” Prosecutor Connor: “Your Honor, there has been testimony about the manner of death.” Judge: “What are those two witnesses going to rebut? They just can’t come back in here and testify about what they’ve already testified about.” Glasgow responds, says that Dr. Mary Case will talk about possible axonal shearing in Savio’s brain. And Dr. Larry Blum will apparently be discussing the issue of the alleged diaphragm injury, and the presence of white blood cells.
2 minutes ago · Like · 2..

The discussion of exhibits is now ended. Judge Burmila addresses the defendant: Mr. Peterson, stand please . . . have you reached a position as to whether or not you will testify?” “I will not testify.” “That is your decision?” “Yes, Sir.”
asked him again? daily?

Well, shoot. I knew that he probably wouldn't, but a girl could dream.

Judge Burmila says that Drs. Case and Blum will be able to testify about the subjects which prosecutor Glasgow has just outlined. Attorney Goldberg still has problems with the proposed testimony of Dr. Michael Baden. Judge to prosecution: “There’s nothing that would have prevented you from calling Dr. Baden in your case-in-chief. He has to rebut something . . . you’re not going to be able to just bring in Dr. Baden and start from scratch; you can’t just wait for rebuttal if it’s evidence you could have put on in your case-in-chief.”

The judge asks the attorneys to provide him with case law regarding the issue of calling Dr. Baden as a rebuttal witness. He says that he will hear arguments on that subject at 8:45 CT/9:45 ET Thursday morning.

Thank you so much everyone for posting the updates! You guys/gals are great! Hoping for a guilty verdict when the trial is over!

There is a brief discussion about whether or not Nick Pontarelli can be called as a rebuttal witness. He is not on the official list of possible rebuttal witnesses, but the State says that’s because the need to call him did not come up until testimony today. The defense objects to this witness being called.
about a minute ago · Like..

asked him again? daily?

WUS! Oh whata wus. I knew he had no gigaudee's and would not testify.

I don't. There is nothing about this trial that moves in a timely manner!:seeya:

I agree. I've even seen judges give both sides the day "off" to get their closing statements done.

After OJ walked, CA walked.......now will DP walk???
Please jury pay close attention.....
IMO DP is VERY dangerous!
DP CANNOT WALK!

Im glad they got to hear Stacys name alot to remind them she is still missing. Surely all of them dont live under a rock and have heard about this case. And if they havent they have to be wondering why they are hearing what Stacy said and not from Stacy herself. Where is Stacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson