Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session Goldberg asks for a sur-rebuttal case, for the sole purpose of admitting a document. Koch objects to this sur-rebuttal, which pertains to “scarring” on Kathleen Savio’s buttocks. Judge: “The defendant’s request for sur-rebuttal is denied.”

:floorlaugh::woohoo::takeabow:

:what:

So they (the defense) want another shot at it, do they? LOL!

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Glasgow: "We have no further witnesses. Respectfully, the people would rest."

In Session The jurors have now left the courtroom. Judge Burmila is engaged with the attorneys in a sidebar.

WGN TV News ‏@WGNNews
After 5 weeks of testimony and 48 witnesses, #DrewPeterson jury will listen to closing arguments on Tuesday

I have to go.......can someone take over? See you all later. :seeya:

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

My electricity keeps going in and out. Still rain and some gusts here!

In Session Judge Burmila has left the bench. The jury has been sent home, but the attorneys remain. The trial is in a recess.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Defense cross of Case, asks how much money she's made thru testimony ($350/hr).

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Dr. Case has made $8,000 so far working this case - she charges $350/hour for testimony, discounted from the usual $650/hour

Geeez...they're really reaching now.....good grief.

They are reaching. Very reaching. Ah ha, there must be something wrong with people being expected to be paid for their work. The shame of it!

The DT has done their client no favors by focusing so heavily on how much people are being paid for their work on this case.

It would make things go smoother during closings if the judge warned both sides that there will not be constant frivolous objections. We cannot let this judge be the sole person in charge of this because of bias - but this jury has been through enough. So bored that the only thing they can discuss is their wardrobe? They have taken notes, will hear the closings, and then (I pray) do their job.

When I was a juror in a malpractice case, much of the testimony was so technical I would find my mind wandering and feared not listening closely enough. Cyril Wecht gave a loooong detailed review of the autopsy. Luckily, we had been provided enough other info to reach our decision. In this case, I found myself skimming over much of what the experts said as I just don't understand much of it. I know it is important but how many posters here except for those with nursing experience understood? Maybe I'm just too dumb.

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair

#drewpeterson jury doesn't have to be back until Tuesday

96 poptarted jurors in court. We'll sit 'em down, turn 'em around, march 'em back out, so the defense can pout, 96 poptarted jurors in court.

Good one, Cubby!!!!:floorlaugh:
Now will have that tune in my head all day.

abbie

In Session The sidebar ends. The jurors are then excused from the courtroom. Glasgow puts his objection on the record, says that questions about a child’s brain are irrelevant and beyond the scope of direct. The judge overrules the objection, and says that he will allow the question. He sends for the jury.

I'd love to know why the judge thinks testimony on brain injuries in children is relevant for this case. Kathleen was a grown woman. I don't think the defense is going to succesfully confuse the jury on the effects of injuries to children and the victim in this case, a grown woman.

I'm sure the jury will be very clear on what a waste of time this is.

Good afternoon everyone- glad to see this case made it with no mistrials etc.

Can't imagine what the families who've been affected by the loser Drew have been going through all these years- Myself I've invested many hours and it's seems so strange that come Tuesday closing arguments will start, almost doesn't seem real, but I'm so glad we are at this point!

Please Jury open your eyes, connect everything, no reason for #@#$%^& to be back out on the streets IMO.

To all the posters who's been affected by mother nature in here, hope everyone is safe.

One last thing: In Session ‏@InSession

#drewpeterson Judge announces that jury instructions will be hammered out later this afternoon & tomorrow, closings will be on Tues.

So children brains and primates.......alrighty then. The Judge allows this?

The judge is letting the dt go off an a completely unrelated tangent to show they have nothing?

I don't know. Maybe this jury is in line for a case having to do with children or primates so they are prepping them in advance? IDK. But the judge is a joke with no control over his court room.

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Paperwork talks about brain injuries sustained thru soft falls causing unconsciousness. Case says this only refers to infants

Ok then. I guess the DT knows not to call on Dr. Case when defending clients on trial for shaken baby deaths.

:maddening:

One quick question. I seemed during my multi-state trip this last week to miss an important piece of information. Was the gash on Kathleen's head horizontal or vertical?

One quick question. I seemed during my multi-state trip this last week to miss an important piece of information. Was the gash on Kathleen's head horizontal or vertical?

I dunno but if it wasn't mentioned (I never heard it) then go to KS autopsy docs and the cut will be seen on the drawing the ME/Coroner did.

(sorry I have no link for autopsy)

abbie:moo:

Still reading and pages behind. Caught this on Fox News Channel website

Stacy Peterson died after a struggle, pathologist says

http://www.foxnews.com/

It's been up there for hours now. If I could I'd take a screen shot but can't so this is the best I can do. Heckuva typo or freudian slip or somethin....

Darn. You mean I need to buy cleaning supplies anyway? Crap.

Sorry, looks like you will. Your hubby will not be able to drag you around the tub by your feet after all. Dang, I was going to ask for a picture of that. LOL

abbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member