Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session Steve Greenberg begins the cross-examination of Louis Oleszkiewicz. O: “I’ve been a paramedic for 17 years.” He’s been with the Bolingbrook F.D. for 10 years, and repeats that he was dispatched on the night in question to respond to “an unresponsive female.” He was able to respond to the scene four minutes after being dispatched. O: “There were two other paramedics…Michael Johnson, and Tim Berkery.” Defense: “There were policemen there, other than Sgt. Peterson?” O: “Yes.” Defense: “Do the police get dispatched the same time you do?” O: “I’m not sure if they’re automatically dispatched.” Defense: “Was there a fire truck that arrived when you arrived?” O: “Yes…they assist us with our equipment, and they go into the house as well, to assist us with the situation.” Defense: “There were a total of four of you who went into the house, from the Fire Department?” O: “Yes.” Defense: “You guys all go upstairs?” O: “Yes.” Defense: “You’ve been trained not to touch anything?” O: “Yes.”

In Session Oleszkiewicz is asked about the report that he prepared following this run. He explains a reference to an “eye shield,” which is basically the safety glasses he had that night. He and the other responders also had gloves that night. Defense: “Before you touch the patient, do you put on the gloves first?” O: “Gloves first.” According to the witness, Savio was “cold” when he touched her. Defense: “Colder than she should be?” O: “Correct.” Defense: “Can you tell by how cold they are how long they’ve been there?” O: “I have not been trained to do that.”
about a minute ago via Mobile · Like · 1

In Session The witness repeats that Savio’s skin had a “waxy” texture. Defense: “Blood drains from areas of the body, and if you push on those areas they don’t just bounce back?” O: “Correct…‘waxy’ is more of a visual appearance than a physical appearance.”

Well, the Judge is supposed to consider motions of counsel. Recall that he went into chambers for some time, probably looking at case law. After that, he seemed disinclined to grant a mistrial.

Imo, and this is just my lay person opinion, I think the judge overreacted yesterday and needed to look back to see what the actual rulings were from the prior judge about the admissability of certain testimony. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :seeya:

In Session Greenberg asks for a moment, then continues. “You said her hair was damp and matted down?” O: “Correct.” Defense: “Did you make all these observations before you put the electrodes on?” O: “Yes.” He repeats that he placed electrodes only on Savio’s back, due to the position of her body. The caps that covered the end of the leads were removed and placed on the edge of the bathtub. Defense: “And then what did you do with them?” O: “I left them there.”

In Session Once again the witness is asked to look at a photograph of Savio bathroom. He identifies a soap dish, and a rubber ducky. Defense: “And there are towels?” O: “Yes…they did not catch my attention that evening.” Defense: “But you told the police that you didn’t see any towels?” O: “I stated that I didn’t see any towels where it indicated she was taking a bath or shower.” Defense: “Can you tell the size of the blue towel that’s folded up?” O: “No.” Defense: “Did you see any towels hanging on the back of the door?” O: “No.” Defense: “Did you see a robe hanging on the back of the door?” O: “No.”

In Session Oleszkiewicz repeats that Savio’s hair appeared to be “matted down…as if it was wet, and then dried.” Defense: “How wet was it?” O: “I can’t qualify how wet…it was just damp. It was not dripping wet.” Defense: “It did not appear as if someone had just stepped out of the shower or the tub?” O: “No.” Defense: “Once you made the conclusion that the individual is deceased, you call a doctor?” O: “Correct.” Defense: “And they issue a time of death?” O: “Correct.” Defense: “You can’t make the call that it’s over?” O: “Correct.” Defense: “Once the doctor does that, your job is over at the scene?” O: “That’s correct.”

Not sure what is going on......it's been almost 10 minutes since the last update. Twitter is quiet also. :waitasec:

I don't know what's going on with IS and their updates but here are some tweets from others in the court room:

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
#DrewPeterson defense has also brought up other items in Savio bathroom medic didn't notice - glasses, open contact case.

1m The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Medic noticed no bathmat because if he doesn't use one, "I make the whole floor wet. My wife's socks get wet. She gets mad."

grimm34 ‏@agrimm34
#DrewPeterson medic on state re-cross: "It didn't appear (Kathy Savio) had anything in preparation to take a bath."

28s The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Medic says he's positive towel in pic of Savio body was not there when he worked on her. #DrewPeterson

1m Glenn Marshall ‏@GMarshall_Jr
Recross defense asks if there was shampoo or conditioner in the tub. Chuckles heard in courtroom #DrewPeterson

1m The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Testimony of medic Louis Oleszkiewicz ends. Three witnesses done.

In Session Greenberg finishes his cross, and the witness is now excused. The jury is excused, because there’s apparently “an equipment malfunction” in the courtroom.

1m In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson : Jean Casarez says EMT was "very firm" in his recollection that the towel was not there when he first responded to the scene.

What's with the towel? Anybody know? :waitasec:

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson : Savio divorce attorney Harry Smith is in the hallway outside courtroom. He may be called as witness earlier than thought.

I want to add my accolades of praise to ~n/t~ for the updates. EMT was a good witness IMO. He noticed it didn't appear as if there was bath prep and was emphatic about it. Guess when Drew killed her he forgot about that detail!

What's with the towel? Anybody know? :waitasec:

Several witnesses who had first contact with the body did not see any towel. The implication IMO is if someone was actually taking a bath there would be a towel nearby. I would infer from all of it that Drew added the towel after the fact. IMO.

In Session Judge Burmila is back on the bench. “We’ve resolved the [technical] issue.” He sends for the jurors, and asks the State to get the next witness.

Sorry, I'm lost here. I admittingly have not been following this one closely but why is that towel so important? I have just been following this on twitter and there seemed to be a lot of tweets about the towel.

Can someone riddle me this? How did such an ugly boorish ogrish man like DP get beautiful women like Stacy and Kathleen to look his way,much less marry him???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998