Drew Peterson's Trial *FIRST WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
a host of ailments.....was being treated for depression, anxiety (small wonder about those, huh? Sheesh....who wouldn't be anxious and depressed in those circumstances?) as well as some blood pressure issues........they made reference to some medications on a counter downstairs (Zoloft and others) Drugs and alcohol and a heart condition were enough to kill Whitney Houston in a bathtub. I really hope that Whitney's sad fate won't bias the jury in this trial.
I don't think that Kathleen was ill.....she was a healthy, strong woman who like most human beings over the age of 35 has some health issues none of which would cause one to drown in a tub.

Does anyone know what the toxicology tests said? Was she drinking or on any strong meds?

Because Whitney was on enough to kill most people at the time she died.

Somewhat O/T (Goes as to Judge's temperament etc)
Okay, I must amend my earlier statement. A friend just reminded me of a case about a month ago in 403 (Burmilla's courtroom). A twenty-something woman was at her sentencing for AGG DUI (due to having her child in the car, keys in ignition, in her driveway, while drunk) - and the woman's father, INTOXICATED, had a bit of a tantrum at sentencing. Burmilla locked him up for contempt - he was, IMO, somewhat livid that the father, who was the primary caregiver and temp. custodian of the minor child, would show up drunk to court - who was/would be watching the kid - mommy in WCADF and now Grandpa drunk at court?
Although I'm aware there is precedent for such a charge of contempt, I was surprised to see Burmilla 'snap' on him.
FWIW, and just as an aside .

I appreciate the judge for doing something like that. He was disgusted with that family's behavior, and acted upon it. Good on him.

But I only wish he would show a similar disdain for the situation here, with DP trying to hide all of the pertinent evidence.

it was a recent bathtub drowning case. I had the impression that the jury are very invested in this trial....paying close attention to all of the testimony.
There doesn't seem to be any comparison between what Kathleen may or may not have taken prior to her death and celebrities who have abused drugs for years and drowned in bathtubs. Hopefully the jury will have some common sense and study the photo carefully and notice what is absent from the picture - namely any sign pointing to an injury caused by hitting her head on the faucet.

MOO

it was a recent bathtub drowning case. I had the impression that the jury are very invested in this trial....paying close attention to all of the testimony.

It's quite understandable, and a good cause for concern too although aside from the drugs, there was a wound on Kathleen's head that doesn't appear to have any explanation in the context of an accidental drowning. It is still beyond belief that this injury didn't raise any red flags in the initial autopsy.

MOO

Somewhat O/T (Goes as to Judge's temperament etc)
Okay, I must amend my earlier statement. A friend just reminded me of a case about a month ago in 403 (Burmilla's courtroom). A twenty-something woman was at her sentencing for AGG DUI (due to having her child in the car, keys in ignition, in her driveway, while drunk) - and the woman's father, INTOXICATED, had a bit of a tantrum at sentencing. Burmilla locked him up for contempt - he was, IMO, somewhat livid that the father, who was the primary caregiver and temp. custodian of the minor child, would show up drunk to court - who was/would be watching the kid - mommy in WCADF and now Grandpa drunk at court?
Although I'm aware there is precedent for such a charge of contempt, I was surprised to see Burmilla 'snap' on him.
FWIW, and just as an aside .

Did you happen to see/read Burmilla 'snap' at Kathleens sister? Additionally, I don't know that any of us know the relevence of judge Burmilla's allowing the defense to say Kathleen had rough sex the weekend she was found drowned.

I respect your opinion greatly, SC. I just see this judge as being not quite fully there with regards to fair and neutral. He should be neutral and he does not appear to be with his reactions.

some speculated it could be because Burmila lost an election to Glasgow, but that was 20 years ago. I can't imagine animosity would still be hanging on from an election that long ago. My guess is maybe he's a bit over the top due to being pushed and pushed by the prosecution to blanket rule on the heresay which he did not and would not do. That makes more sense to me for his current actions than an election lost 10 years ago.

Can someone remind me - the judge ran against the DA in an election and lost, is that right?

Yes, but I can't confirm when. I will look, but think it was about 10 years ago.

He was the state attorney for Will County from 1988-1992 when he lost the election to Glasgow. Then he was in private practice as a defense attorney until he became a judge in 2003. I'll find a link for you.

ETA: here is the link. Criminal defense atty for 11 years, before being appointed to the Bench so unfortunately doesn't have to worry about re-election!

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...joliet-courthouse-business-and-bankruptcy-law

Bump. I was off. He lost the election to Glasgow 20 years ago.

Exactly. A bleeding head wound and no blood on the faucet either?

However, in addition to this contrived "drowning", one of the most telling aspects was DP's apparent concern for her, yet he, as LE, did not enter the house but rather called a locksmith, and had a neighbor enter to discover the body. That in itself speaks volumes, imo.

MOO

Indeed it does.

Please continue here for this week: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8236283#post8236283"]Drew Peterson's SECOND Week of Trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I will move today's posts over.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members