Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was a tote bag or if it was her actual handbag. It just added another bit of info that got my wheels turning wondering about the sequence of events......did she leave her handbag in the car? or was it a tote bag with her books or other belongings?
The neighbor boy putting the carton of OJ back in the fridge is interesting too.
He didn't know it was a crime scene that they were dealing with so he changed something...Not sure if this really matters or not.

He testified that it wouldn't be something Kathleen would want, to have it left out, so it appears it was more of an instinct that he put it away. And of course, at that time, he didn't know what was upstairs, or that it could be a crime scene.

The interesting, and crucial, part is that the juice miraculously reappeared on the counter when LE got there. Like the bath towel that wasn't on the tub at first, but later appeared....

MOO

too upset to realize that her boy had come up the stairs behind her. She had said that she ran out of the room screaming and hurled herself on the floor if I remember correctly, before returning to look at Kathleen.....I suppose that state of mind that she wouldn't have been paying a lot of attention to much of anything else. I do think it is odd that he never told his mom that he saw Kathleen or it actually could be that he "thinks" that he saw it after having played the trauma over in his mind.....hard to say.
In either case, you are right--they both were in a terrible state of shock so they weren't absorbing all the same info.
He may have never told his mother he saw Kathy in the tub. When something like that happens you don't notice a lot of things you would normally. jmo

had some OJ and then spiffed up the bathroom with the towel?
He was there shortly after the police left cleaning up according to Kathleen's sister because "he didn't want his sons to see that blood"

He testified that it wouldn't be something Kathleen would want, to have it left out, so it appears it was more of an instinct that he put it away. And of course, at that time, he didn't know what was upstairs, or that it could be a crime scene.

The interesting, and crucial, part is that the juice miraculously reappeared on the counter when LE got there. Like the bath towel that wasn't on the tub at first, but later appeared....

MOO

Today was a record number of witnesses! Amazing...Four!

I wonder when and if Neil Schori is going to testify. I wish that the wife or ex wife of the solicited hitman would testify that it was she who called the tip line and turned in her husband or ex husband.
I think that his testimony was STRONG regardless of the mockery that the defense tried to make of him. He had absolutely NO motivation to come forward. It did nothing for him and was potentially dangerous or at least humiliating for him to have to reveal his past skeletons in his closet.
I sure hope that the jury found him as believable as I do

MOO

If this DA office is worth two cents, they need to bring up again the person who investigated to say the juice was NOT out, otherwise the jury may think the statement in the report was merely referencing that the documentation of it being out was through the sons statement. Are they worth two cents though! I am now not clear on this so would help to clarify for the jruy?

Did we not have previous testimony that the carton was out kr am I recalling incorrectly?

Damn, to be on the jury and these little things get lost with all the interuptions!

had some OJ and then spiffed up the bathroom with the towel?
He was there shortly after the police left cleaning up according to Kathleen's sister because "he didn't want his sons to see that blood"

No, I believe DP staged the scene to appear that Kathleen drowned in the morning, hence the OJ out on the counter. Most people drink it at breakfast time. The cup in the microwave was to heat water for tea.

The bath towel was on the edge of the tub when the photo was taken of her in the tub, yet it had been said it wasn't there when he found her body, and even mentioned to DP "no towel?". Then it appeared. Oops! Forgot something!

MOO

MOO

I also noticed a possible discrepancy with the location of the 'used condom.' Her boyfriend said they threw it away in the kitchen trash can. I wondered at the time why the state bothered to ask him that question.

But today the ISP said he saw a condom in the upstairs bathroom trashcan.
It made me wonder if cunning, sick Drew tried to bring more attention to the 'rough sex' scenario to explain the injuries that he knew were going to appear soon.

I think that by interviewing them together, it just reinforced to her that she couldn't do anything about his control over her. It is BEYOND SAD!

bbm

icon9.gif
Way.
icon8.gif

I also noticed a possible discrepancy with the location of the 'used condom.' Her boyfriend said they threw it away in the kitchen trash can. I wondered at the time why the state bothered to ask him that question.

But today the ISP said he saw a condom in the upstairs bathroom trashcan.
It made me wonder if cunning, sick Drew tried to bring more attention to the 'rough sex' scenario to explain the injuries that he knew were going to appear soon.

Good point. And yes, it would be something I can envision him doing, just to further stage the scene. The defense can't seem to stress the "rough sex" enough. It has to be a huge part of their plan to explain the bruises and other injuries to her body.

:maddening:

MOO

Brodsky was just interviewed quickly on Insession and of course he was insulting to the prosecution and any success they may have had. He made it seem as if all of the delays and so forth was the prosecutions fault, and that the judge was most likely getting tired of it. We know differently. It is the defense that causes all the delays with their whining. I just don't see how Brodsky can say what he says with a straight face.

*I just had a great chef's salad for lunch. I hope nothing happens this afternoon to upset my stomach!!!!

Agreed, LaLaw. He's just like his client -- he figures everybody else is nothing like as smart as he is...
icon8.gif

Thank you for jumping in and helping us out. You saved the day!

YES, A big thanks to Jackson44. I went out during the lunch break to help my DD with a quick errand and we ended up out the entire day. Thank you for taking over. :tyou:

only she and Steve the other neighbor who went upstairs........she said the very first day that Nick (her son) went out to the garage. Today Nick reported that he went along and saw Kathleen's body a bit in the tub, but he didn't walk entirely into the room.
I wonder why they have conflictual accounts.

Since she started screaming she likely did not notice him coming up and peering in. If she noticed she may have forgotten in her shock. Probably a very confusing moment for her. I don't think it was a lie on anyones part.

On the issue of the jurors coordinating their clothing: everyone should watch the movie "Runaway Jury" with John Cusack. He played a juror who managed to use his manipulative personality to gain control of the other jurors. Several times he 'signaled' to attorneys that he did, in fact, control the outcome of the verdict by having the jurors do something specific. Once it was getting a message to the attorneys that the jury would sing something (I believe it was the national anthem) before the next trial day started. He also proved he could get the judge to send the jury to a nice restaurant for lunch even though they were sequestered. His ability to show attorneys on BOTH sides that HE controlled the outcome was the main premise of the movie. Who's to say Drew's jurors aren't sending messages of some kind with their coordinated clothing, EVEN if they don't KNOW that's what they are doing??

While I like to believe that jurors in the Drew Peterson trial are simply entertaining themselves, it certainly is possible that there is a much deeper and more complex thing going on. I can think of at least 5 different scenarios ranging from mild to horrendous. While "Runaway Jury" was about manipulation from WITHIN the jury, my biggest concern would be sinister control from OUTSIDE the jury. Since this man (and for all intents and purposes, his vast league of supportive evildoers) is on trial for a heinous murder, and if convicted it becomes apparent he is also a serial killer with impunity, then these jurors could be terrified for themselves AND their families.

Who is behind the clothing coordination and why?? Any possible answer must be doubted as to the truthfulness. Watch this movie if you can find it !!!!!

Just a thought worth taking seriously. I wish the jury "entertainment" would stop.

BBM
Excellent! If that had slipped out by the PT, you can bet the DT would've objected!!

In master bedroom, Falat notes bedding was disturbed. One window's blinds were open. Another was closed.

Falat hesitates when asked if he did a thorough investigation.

Lopez: In tour of home, you didn't see anything out of the ordinary? Falat: "Aside from Ms. Savio in the bathtub without water in it?"

b&bbm

Ouch!!!

Good points, you two!!

IMO, Falat's investigation and opinion of what he observed far outshone any of the other investigators that I have seen on the stand.

No freakin' wonder that he was re-assigned to another case PDQ. :banghead:

No, I believe DP staged the scene to appear that Kathleen drowned in the morning, hence the OJ out on the counter. Most people drink it at breakfast time. The cup in the microwave was to heat water for tea.

The bath towel was on the edge of the tub when the photo was taken of her in the tub, yet it had been said it wasn't there when he found her body, and even mentioned to DP "no towel?". Then it appeared. Oops! Forgot something!

MOO

Not only was the juice back out again, but wasn't there also mention of her medication WITH it on the counter?

S T A G I N G

:laugh:
Maybe they just got some new info from the prosecution and need to go over it with him. I really think they all went home and just left us here.:waitasec:
:lol:

Folks have already had the media out there pointimg out not doing the daily admonishments and the highlighting of the colors which are following the color of bruisings (although the media is talking about coloring NONE yet have gotten the fact that the colors the jurors are doing the progression of colors for bruising over time...jeez I thought they read the blogs and discussion groups but guess only the DT does?)

I am going to go screaming nekked in the street tomorrow if I hear they are wearing yellow amongst the jury...the last color of bruising before healing. Then red, white and blue when they deliver the verdict of guilty!

If it is so obvious, how come the DT hasn't complained about it? This could be considered jury misconduct, it shows prejudice against the defendant. It sure can't be a coincidence that they would wear the same colors every day, and depicting the colors of bruises... that's kind of "in your face", isn't it??
Sure hope it doesn't end up costing them a mistrial because of such shenanigans. JMO

[B said:
Jackson44[/B];8289978]Dr. Vinod Montiani, has just taken the stand.

bbm
Just had to stop and say :tyou: for helping keep us informed with the IS tweets and such-like! Great job!! What would we do without you and katydid and all of you who do so much extra-extra for the rest of us.
icon12.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member