Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is so obvious, how come the DT hasn't complained about it? This could be considered jury misconduct, it shows prejudice against the defendant. It sure can't be a coincidence that they would wear the same colors every day, and depicting the colors of bruises... that's kind of "in your face", isn't it??
Sure hope it doesn't end up costing them a mistrial because of such shenanigans. JMO

It's possible, but I think unlikely that they're actually wearing the colors of the progression of bruising. I know when they wore blue, my first thought (fear) was they were showing allegiance to the "men in blue" or law enforcement officers. That area certainly does have DEEP deep roots in the wall of blue and long-standing corruption within it.

He testified that it wouldn't be something Kathleen would want, to have it left out, so it appears it was more of an instinct that he put it away. And of course, at that time, he didn't know what was upstairs, or that it could be a crime scene.

The interesting, and crucial, part is that the juice miraculously reappeared on the counter when LE got there. Like the bath towel that wasn't on the tub at first, but later appeared....

MOO

I really hope the prosecution touches back on this in closing statements!

I am not sure why the jury is wearing color coordinated clothing, nor how they choose the colors each day.

But I am really happy they did not wear hot pink today!!!

Because yesterday morning, on Beth Karas interview with Brodsky, he said he thought the jury was wearing the colors insupport of his defense team, AND HE PREDICTED THEY WOULD WEAR PINK TODAY. lol [ because the Lopez couple wore it the day before.]

On the issue of the jurors coordinating their clothing: everyone should watch the movie "Runaway Jury" with John Cusack. He played a juror who managed to use his manipulative personality to gain control of the other jurors. Several times he 'signaled' to attorneys that he did, in fact, control the outcome of the verdict by having the jurors do something specific. Once it was getting a message to the attorneys that the jury would sing something (I believe it was the national anthem) before the next trial day started. He also proved he could get the judge to send the jury to a nice restaurant for lunch even though they were sequestered. His ability to show attorneys on BOTH sides that HE controlled the outcome was the main premise of the movie. Who's to say Drew's jurors aren't sending messages of some kind with their coordinated clothing, EVEN if they don't KNOW that's what they are doing??

While I like to believe that jurors in the Drew Peterson trial are simply entertaining themselves, it certainly is possible that there is a much deeper and more complex thing going on. I can think of at least 5 different scenarios ranging from mild to horrendous. While "Runaway Jury" was about manipulation from WITHIN the jury, my biggest concern would be sinister control from OUTSIDE the jury. Since this man (and for all intents and purposes, his vast league of supportive evildoers) is on trial for a heinous murder, and if convicted it becomes apparent he is also a serial killer with impunity, then these jurors could be terrified for themselves AND their families.

Who is behind the clothing coordination and why?? Any possible answer must be doubted as to the truthfulness. Watch this movie if you can find it !!!!!

Just a thought worth taking seriously. I wish the jury "entertainment" would stop.

BBM: Wow ... this sounds like the Pinellas 12 ! And JMO, but I do believe that the JF controlled the rest of the jurors AND influenced that verdict :banghead:

Back to topic ... These are some good points, and I just don't like this color coordination at all ...

And I just happen to have the book you mentioned and will start reading it once I finish here !

:seeya:

:moo:

all quotes respectfully snipped...

Brodsky was just interviewed quickly on Insession and of course he was insulting to the prosecution and any success they may have had. He made it seem as if all of the delays and so forth was the prosecutions fault, and that the judge was most likely getting tired of it. We know differently. It is the defense that causes all the delays with their whining. I just don't see how Brodsky can say what he says with a straight face.

Oh yes, we DO know differently!! With a total of 65 sidebars by the defense alone... :banghead:

In Session That concludes the redirect or this witness. There is no recross, and so Dr. Motiani is excused.
16 minutes ago · Like · 2
In Session The judge decides to take a recess at this time, to allow the jurors “to stretch their legs.” He leaves the bench, and the trial is in a brief recess.

:silly: I guess the Judge doesn't realize that the "Pop-Tart" jurors have stretched their legs 73 times!!! :what:

In Session ...“Steve and my mother went upstairs; my father and I went into the kitchen.” Peterson “stayed outside . . . he wanted to make sure that Kathy didn’t come home and see Drew in her home; she would be upset . . . when I walked in the kitchen, there was an open carton of orange juice still on the counter; I put the cap back on it and put it in the refrigerator . . .
VERUS...
In Session ...According to this witness, ... “Remember who went in first?” “No.” “But you went in, too?” “Right.” He repeats that he saw the orange juice on the counter, and the mug in the microwave. “You saw a pack of pills there?” “Next to the glass of orange juice, there was a pack of pills there.” “The garage is attached to the house?” “Right.” “And the garage door had been locked from the inside?” “Right.”

There seems to be a bit confusion on the orange juice. I don't believe there was staging on DP's part on this. Clearly Nick says carton which he put in the fridge, and the glass of orange juice on the counter with pills next to it.

I would love to know the witness list for tomorrow. I am going to attend the morning session and I will be sure to provide details to all of you when I get back around 1PM.

Oh!! :skip: I can hardly wait for your "report" tomorrow!! Please, if you see this post - hopefully get some insight on those jurors for us!! And if you see the first Pop-Tart moment - try to see their expressions and what they might be feeling! Pizzed? have to go out AGAIN!!! LOL!

okay -

Total Sidebars for Wednesday, August 22nd

Defense - 6

Prosecutors - 2

Judge - 3

Total Sidebars: 11

Pop-Tart Jurors out = 4 times

As always I will post the grand totals at the end of week and on this thread too, if you miss my posts here!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181291"]Total Sidebars for Trial - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

and...
:gthanks:

to all who did the updates! Hopefully, I got all the sidebars and jurors' exits! It seemed kind of "missing" in testimony on the Dr. M's part for the Prosecutors - ?? - so I might go to InSession this weekend and read thru today's testimony and make sure I've got a correct count!

What color did the jury wear today? Strange they all participate.

It's possible, but I think unlikely that they're actually wearing the colors of the progression of bruising. I know when they wore blue, my first thought (fear) was they were showing allegiance to the "men in blue" or law enforcement officers. That area certainly does have DEEP deep roots in the wall of blue and long-standing corruption within it.

I originally stated this after just the third day of colors... and now I firmly believe (well, give me long shot odds) that the order of colors is for bruising. I was surprised today when they wore brown as I thought the next color would be yellow, just to google and find brown/ yellow is end... so tomorrow, will be yellow!

What color did the jury wear today? Strange they all participate.

Brown...my bet is tomorrow is yellow. Healing color of bruising. Even the baliff is doing it with them! The baliff wears a blue coat, but is matching them too! FTLOG,?

To recap. Does someone have handy the days and order of colors to share, as the colors have so far gone through the colors of bruising IMHO in the correct order!?

It was red last Wednesday, blue on last Thursday, black on last Friday, 12 of 16 wore green on this Tuesday, brown on today Wednesday.. gotta look but yellow next is my projection for progression of bruising colors.

Hello...kinda new here, finally joined anyway...I have been reading and following cases for 12 yrs between here and used to be court tv...I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the updates and info...still kinda nervous but i'm learning this, lol...yes, I do believe drew is not innocent by any means...the whole story is just so sad and i pray stacy will be found...thanks again :)

If they really are wearing clothing to match the color process of bruising, then they are going to get their verdict thrown out by whichever side loses, imo.

Hello...kinda new here, finally joined anyway...I have been reading and following cases for 12 yrs between here and used to be court tv...I just wanted to say a big thank you for all the updates and info...still kinda nervous but i'm learning this, lol...yes, I do believe drew is not innocent by any means...the whole story is just so sad and i pray stacy will be found...thanks again :)

:welcome4:

:greetings:

The color's the jurors are wearing to me is an indication that they are for the defense...this is probably why the Judge relaxed today during trial a little more than normal. The only thing positive I can suggest is that the Juror's are indicating they are sitting on a Kangaroo court, a circus, therefore, a lot of colors!

staging it to look like she drowned in the morning, but I actually had wondered if she really wasn't actually murdered in the morning. I came to that belief by Drew's coaching "reminders" to Stacy about what she cooked for breakfast that morning......it was sausage, remember? kind of a thing.
I think that it was early morning....very early morning.
I hadn't thought about the OJ being part of a staged scene, but it could very well be.....I figured that Kathleen was making her morning breakfast and then was attacked by Drew Peterson.
Now you have me thinking.......very interesting perspective--thanks! :tyou:

p.s. This trial has made me crave OJ. Good thing it is so good for you!
It really is medicinal as far as I am concerned......always makes me feel a little better. =)
:bedtime: Good night fellow WS friends.....I really like being a part of this community. Sweet dreams. I am praying for justice.

:coffeecup: See you in the morning!

No, I believe DP staged the scene to appear that Kathleen drowned in the morning, hence the OJ out on the counter. Most people drink it at breakfast time. The cup in the microwave was to heat water for tea.

The bath towel was on the edge of the tub when the photo was taken of her in the tub, yet it had been said it wasn't there when he found her body, and even mentioned to DP "no towel?". Then it appeared. Oops! Forgot something!

MOO

In Session ‏@InSession

On Savio's doctor visit on Dec. 14, 1995, she copmained of shortness of breath and same numbness in the left chest. #DrewPeterson

It's a rare disease, but it is becoming more widespread -- the medical name for it is Drewis Petersonis, and it can be fatal if not treated immediately.

Oh, that poor woman. No wonder she could not sleep. He is a cold, calculating monster, and he had her, and he knew it. Somehow he now hated this beautiful woman, mother of his children, the same one he wanted to marry many years ago.
icon8.gif

If they really are wearing clothing to match the color process of bruising, then they are going to get their verdict thrown out by whichever side loses, imo.

There have been high profile cases which have had jurors coordinating, and most actually convicted (think tnose cases were mentioned upthread) But yep, if they admit to following bruising, may be just cause as is no daily admonishments by the judge in this case. And to note also, only defense can get verdict thrown out.... state cannot. Need input from a legaleagle on this one, but MOO.

BBM: Wow ... this sounds like the Pinellas 12 ! And JMO, but I do believe that the JF controlled the rest of the jurors AND influenced that verdict :banghead:

Back to topic ... These are some good points, and I just don't like this color coordination at all ...

And I just happen to have the book you mentioned and will start reading it once I finish here !

:moo:

I also thought this the case with the Pinellas 12 ( to label them kindly). I don't believe a collection of 12 people could reach that conclusion AND openly make such idiotic statements without being lead to them by a strong and manipulative personality.

I wonder if they look back now and see how they were so easily lead astray?

In Session The next day, Tuesday, the witness did not go to school. He saw Drew, Stacy, and Stephen Peterson at Savio’s house. “Did you go over to Kathy’s house that day?” “No.” “Where did you see him?” “I saw him gong into the house, and taking stuff out.”

:banghead: Oooohhhhhhhhh. The LEO's not securing & yellow-taping the property and not having a LEO guard the place and not keeping a log of what LEO's enter & exit just drives me crazy. ANY type of mysterious death MUST be handled this way. It is standard law enforcement 101 procedure. It doesn't matter who owns the property. I betcha Falak (sp?) would have done this had he been in charge. It just makes my blood boil. :steamed: "Taking stuff out..." Grrrrrrrr. :maddening:

Mini rant over....:rant:

Yes, I think it was the second week of the trial. They tested for most of the drugs the dt mentioned today. I say most because I don't think they tested for fat busters. All tests were negative iirc.

Thanks, Woe, for jogging my muddled mind -- as soon as I read what you posted, it helped me remember! Doh. I remember it as all neg, too! TY.
icon7.gif

Whatever the reason the jurors are wearing coordinating colors cannot be a good one, IMO. It is drawing attention to themselves and for what? Jurors usually do not want attention. I am uncomfortable with it to say the least. I look forward to hearing their reasons for it after the trial is over.

Today went so well that I wonder if someone hasn't had a talk with all involved about all of the delays and so forth. There seemed to be fewer sidebars and the defense did make a lot of objections, but not as many as there had been. Why the small courtroom? They all had to know of the interest in this trial and that there was the potential for a great number of spectators. One of the commentators on TV had suggested that the judge would send the jurors out so often when there was a sidebar was because the courtroom is so small there was a danger the jurors would hear what was being said at the bench. It doesn't make sense.

This judge either smokes, or has a bladder problem, IMO. Something is up with him other than his being so obviously unfair. I have a very strong hope that someone will point so many things out to him after this trial is over! He needs to retire, IMO. This is the problem when some judges are appointed rather than elected. They are there until they so choose to leave.

Today went exceedingly well. Even better than I had dared hope. The prosecution is expected to wind up this week. The defense is going to put on a case with out of town experts. I hope the prosecution can put a big dent in the experts testimony. I also hope the prosecution objects at every opportunity they have and are on their toes.

It was either Beth K. or Jean C. that stated DP's attitude had seemed to change today with the testimony of Pachter (sp.?). His animated, cocky attitude seemed to get more serious. I think DP may just now be realizing there is a very real chance he could be convicted, IMO.

Tomorrow should be interesting! Justice for Kathleen!!!!

*Thanks to katydid23 and Jackson44 for the great updates!!!! You are both old pros after today!

MOO's

WOW! Verrrry good question! And back to that towell, I think DP may have 'had something' on alot of people, in fact, I'm really beginning to think most of the BB PD probably had a little something on each other. It's not that much of a stretch to think one of them made sure a towell magically appeared. After all, the 1st medics/responders had absolutely nothing to gain by testifying there was no towell [/I when they arrived. I just hope the PT drives home ALL of these points in their closing and make it very clear that they don't have to place DP there as the DT would have us all believe! Drew Peterson is a cold, heartless, egotistical murderer who obviously thinks he's untouchable, & I'm praying this jury knocks him off his high throned pedestal with a great big thud & he spends the rest of his miserable life behind bars!:jail:
BBM

So who put it back on the counter for the investigators to find?

:waitasec:

(Let me guess.....)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads