Drew Peterson's Trial *FOURTH WEEK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! I can hardly wait to see what color the jury members are wearing today.

This is the kind of crap that burns me up. People who aren't following the case hear a snippet here and there and form opinions. If one of those people happens to get on the jury, they might fall for the crap the DT is putting out there.

Here's an excellent example - I remembered Brodsky saying this but had to go back and find it.

"I'm almost surprised Steph Watts didn't do some of the incisions in the autopsy," defense attorney Joel Brodsky said." - http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...nse-attorney-joel-brodsky-autopsy-joe-francis

By the time someone half-hears that and repeats it, it turns into the camera guy did the autopsy.

There was something else Greenberg said after the Pachter bs this morning on IS before I got to the remote - then I got a phone call and now I can't remember what it was. Whatever it was, Beth Karas should've had a follow up question to show how stupid he sounded.

I heard the entire exchange and agree with you!

witness list. First up: Stacy Peterson's pastor Neil Schori. His testimony helps the state put Peterson in Savio's house...[ His testimony helps the state put Peterson in Savio's house..]

[Schori previously testified that Stacy told him #DrewPeterson came home the night Savio died dressed in black w/a bag of women's clothes...]

:great::great::great:

Watch this thread for live updates from the Drew Peterson murder trial!

According to prosecution PIO Chuck Pelkie, today’s first witness should be Pastor Neil Schori. After Schori, we should hear from Patrick Fillips (an Illinois State Police crime scene investigator) and Dave Margliano (a Will County State’s Attorney’s Office investigator).

#DrewPeterson, his attorneys and prosecutors are in the courtroom. Just waiting for Judge Burmila to start the trial.

Let's all pray that the state keeps it together this morning...:star:

Thanks for the knowledge and education, I must :moo: more often! Your note was a remonder to do such and apologies to the original poster for my error!

You are right that only the defense can appeal a verdict. But either side can charge juror misconduct. If after the verdict, the state gets information that the jurors were patterning their clothing colors with the stages of bruising, and they did so in support of the defense theory of the injuries, then the verdict can be nullified. I am pretty sure that either side can charge jury misconduct after the fact.

#DrewPeterson, his attorneys and prosecutors are in the courtroom. Just waiting for Judge Burmila to start the trial.

:waiting:

Its a "Gray" Day I'm told. Wating for #DrewPeterson jury. Drew in back room talking to lawyers. Crt. Delayed.

[ is this person guessing the jury is wearing gray or did he see them already?]

: Lopez and Glasgow having friendly chat in hall! #DrewPeterson Court starting soon

Burmila is on the bench #DrewPeterson

court is in session. Jury coming in.

:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Many have remarked that DP seemed to have more assets than the average Sgt with mortgages, child support, etc. could afford. Not only was he unfaithful, controlling, not wanting to share any of his pension, Kathleen had threatened to share information on him. DP was not going to have any of that - and just maybe some of that information involved other LE - thus the cover up? Too bad we don't have any of this info and if we did, would the judge allow it? Make his motive to silence her even stronger.

BBM
I've always wondered how he could afford the current family bills, child support AND wining and dining a new young girlfriend on a cop salary.

Attorneys have some motions to discuss before jury is brought in (no confirmation on color); Burmila has taken the bench...

In Session Judge Burmila has taken the bench. Glasgow announces that the first witness will indeed be Neil Schori, and wants clarification as to what he may or may not say. Attorney Brodsky notes that there are issues of marital and clerical privilege at play with Schori. Judge: “I don’t think we addressed the issue of ‘no one will ever know’ [which Drew allegedly told Stacy].” The judge once again overrules the defense’s marital privilege objection to this testimony.

.” The judge once again overrules the defense’s marital privilege objection to this testimony."

Thank goodness for small favors. I would die if the judge gave DP any kind of 'marital privilege' as a shield for his guilt.

"Parties are discussing what Rev. Schori can/cannot say in front of witnesses. Glasgow wants clarification."

{ I'll bet he does want clarification. This is another minefield for the state today. The DT is going to be looking hard for a mistrial from now on, imo. ]

judge upset with prosecution for allegedly misleading him on what Schori will testify to. Proceedings put on hold for moment.

[ nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member