GUILTY Dubai - Ibolya Ryan, 47, US teacher, stabbed to death, Abu Dhabi, 1 Dec 2014

Thank-you SophieRose - unfortunately the case I know of regarding a possible Russian woman happened about a decade before the one you posted - I still lived in Dubai at the time.

Thankfully, I guess, murders in the UAE are in fact very rare. Solving them is another story. It really is not 'their' problem. Jmo.

There was a Vietnamese woman in the cubicle next door, I think, who heard the struggle? Wouldn't she have counted as a foreigner? Or not the right kind of foreigner?

I can imagine, if I was Hungarian/Romanian but married to an American and had lived there years, answering 'yes' if some 'friendly' person asked me if I was American.

I'd like to know if the doctor who had the bomb left outside his house, and Ibolya/Ibolyha, knew each other.

I am absolutely amazed if this is a 'lone wolf' terrorist attack by a female. Just haven't heard of that in context of Al Qaeda or Yemeni terrorists before - women always seem to have been involved only when men in their family were?

Her poor boys! Being there waiting for her to come out of the bathroom :(. I can't even imagine! They are the spitting image of their mom.

I am absolutely amazed if this is a 'lone wolf' terrorist attack by a female. Just haven't heard of that in context of Al Qaeda or Yemeni terrorists before - women always seem to have been involved only when men in their family were?

It would be very unusual for sure.

News articles didn't say if she was married or not. It has been reported though that she is an Emirati National of Yemeni origin. More than 80% of the population of UAE are foreigners and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get citizenship. I wonder if married, if her husband is Emirati.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/ann...bu-dhabi-murder-it-could-have-been-any-expat/

It’s no secret that the UAE is watched by tens of thousands of CCTV cameras. In August, Dubai Police confirmed that it was compulsory for every building to have security cameras trained on all entrances and exits, including emergency exits, as well as in the reception areas, lobbies and by the lifts. It’s also compulsory for parking entrances and exits to buildings to have cameras that catch the number plate of every car entering and leaving.

I just watched the video now and couldn't agree more. I'm always suspicious of people who "sound" so emotional and like they're choking up and crying, yet you see no tears, no watery eyes, even. This was most evident at the beginning of this video. Not a tear to be seen. I also found it odd, him bringing up his sons' future education being paid for by Abu Dhabi government and that they were treating him/his sons like family. Well that's good and all but given the tragic circumstances, just surprised me that he'd emphasize how great this was for his sons. My understanding is that ex husband lived in another country overseas. Were there any issues between him and his ex wife with respect to custody/visitation/alimony/child support?........meaning, could ex husband have been in any way connected to this, to get her out of the picture? Were the officially divorced or just separated? I certainly hope that LE will be delving deeply into whether this wasn't in fact some kind of lone-wolf terrorist-type murder, but instead a hired hit to get ex wife out of the picture. This all crossed my mind briefly a couple of days ago, this possibility........but it's there in the forefront now that I've seen video of interview w/ ex husband:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/08/world/meast/uae-us-mall-killing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Did anyone else see the ex-husbands interview this morning ? Very odd. If your into the micro-expressions/human lie detection stuff, he sends off red flags all over the place.

Oh, and he reminds me of Woody Allen.

I just watched the video now and couldn't agree more. I'm always suspicious of people who "sound" so emotional and like they're choking up and crying, yet you see no tears, no watery eyes, even. This was most evident at the beginning of this video. Not a tear to be seen. I also found it odd, him bringing up his sons' future education being paid for by Abu Dhabi government and that they were treating him/his sons like family. Well that's good and all but given the tragic circumstances, just surprised me that he'd emphasize how great this was for his sons. My understanding is that ex husband lived in another country overseas. Were there any issues between him and his ex wife with respect to custody/visitation/alimony/child support?........meaning, could ex husband have been in any way connected to this, to get her out of the picture? Were the officially divorced or just separated? I certainly hope that LE will be delving deeply into whether this wasn't in fact some kind of lone-wolf terrorist-type murder, but instead a hired hit to get ex wife out of the picture. This all crossed my mind briefly a couple of days ago, this possibility........but it's there in the forefront now that I've seen video of interview w/ ex husband:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/08/world/meast/uae-us-mall-killing/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It's possible. But what about the doctor who was bombed? Would the ex husband ask her to kill another person too? IDK

I am still leaning towards this being a lone wolf nutjob terrorist.

Has it been reported if this teacher knew the doctor at all? Any kind of connection? Unless I've missed it, I don't believe the doctor's name has even been released, just his initials (I'm guessing for safety/security reasons). Any kind of relationship between the teacher and the doctor?

It's possible. But what about the doctor who was bombed? Would the ex husband ask her to kill another person too? IDK

I am still leaning towards this being a lone wolf nutjob terrorist.

The teacher's ex did not seem all that torn up over her death, but that in itself does noyt mean he was involved, imo. He may have disliked her as many divorcees do dislike their ex's. They may have had custody and money issues. So he might have secretly been relieved that she was gone, without being the one that planned the crime. Maybe he was unhappy that his twins were living with her there and so he cannot muster up tears for her demise.

I have a hard time believing that he could communicate with A Yemeni Islamic woman and convince her to sit in the bathroom with a knife and stab his wife in front of witnesses. I think this was an extremist nutjob.

And how would he know that she was going to go to use the mall bathroom that day.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/reem-island-murder-sparks-social-media-debate-on-the-niqab

Ahmed Al Mansouri, a Dubai FNC member and political analyst and founder of the Crossroads of Civilisations Museum, said that even though the niqab was a cultural garment and held no religious significance in his opinion, wearing it was a personal choice that could not be denied.

“In Abu Dhabi, the face veil is associated with culture, not religion,” he said. “Some don’t want to admit it, but it is cultural.”

The full face veil was first adopted by high-society Moorish women in Andalus dating back to the 700s, he said, adding it has no historical Islamic relevance.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/court...r-suspect-was-in-state-of-shock-when-arrested

Officer S, a 10-year veteran of Abu Dhabi Police force, explained how she took part in a raid on the suspect’s home in the capital. She said the two-story villa was cordoned off before officers stormed the property.

“The suspect was clearly in a state of shock. She didn’t expect the police to raid her house in such a record time. I was the one to arrest her as per the planned tactic,” she told Wam, the state news agency.

‘No terror link’ to Reem Island mall murder suspect

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/crime/no-terror-link-to-reem-island-mall-murder-suspect

“The investigations show that the accused has recently logged into some terrorist websites through which she acquired the terrorism ideology and learnt how to manufacture explosives. After scrutiny, the seized materials used in manufacturing were shown to be primitive,” the source said.

The source said investigations had shown that the suspect had not intentionally set out to kill any American or any other nationality, but was looking simply for anyone who looked foreign in terms of language and colour.

“She selected her victims randomly”, the source said.

Snipped for space
I don't see anything wrong with husband at all. [emoji47]
He is obviously shocked, and sad. Images of bloody crime scene must have been very disturbing for him to watch, you just don't expect this kind of thing to happen to anyone you know, let alone a family member. (Though they were divorced, but she was still a mother of his children)

I see he worries about kids future, education.
I dont think he deserves suspicion and cynical remarks from anyone.
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

‘No terror link’ to Reem Island mall murder suspect

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/crime/no-terror-link-to-reem-island-mall-murder-suspect

“The investigations show that the accused has recently logged into some terrorist websites through which she acquired the terrorism ideology and learnt how to manufacture explosives. After scrutiny, the seized materials used in manufacturing were shown to be primitive,” the source said.

The source said investigations had shown that the suspect had not intentionally set out to kill any American or any other nationality, but was looking simply for anyone who looked foreign in terms of language and colour.

“She selected her victims randomly”, the source said.

Not buying that she acted alone. No one saw her purchase bomb making material or others in the house did not see materials laying around or being assembled?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back