Deceased/Not Found UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
LUCIN, Utah (KUTV) — Authorities are asking for the public's help in the search for a missing teen in Box Elder County.

The Box Elder County Sheriff's Office said Dylan Rounds was last seen in Lucin on May 25.

Officials said Rounds is described as a 19-year-old male, about 5'10" and approximately 160 pounds.

He has brown hair and brown eyes.

Rounds family said there has been no cell phone activity or credit card activity since he went missing.

An investigation into his disappearance and whereabouts is ongoing.

Please contact the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office at 435-723-5227 if you have any information.

52322c62-f0af-4b59-8ad2-86c79e43fae3-large16x9_Screenshot20220531200846.png

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE

Welcome to the new members who have joined to discuss missing person Dylan Rounds.
We are glad you are here, and regret the difficult circumstances that brought you to this forum. Websleuths has intentionally established a set of comprehensive rules for this website in order to maintain it’s reputation as the gold standard in true crime discussion boards. It is expected of every member to review and adhere to the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined. The TOS are linked in my signature below.

Members who are close to the case and would like to share info without providing the REQUIRED links to the info you are posting must apply and be approved for Verified Insider status. Otherwise posts that violate that TOS will be removed, as will replies to those posts. The Verified Insider process is also linked below in my signature.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly as valued members of Websleuths.

CocoChanel
Admin/Moderator

ADMIN NOTE
While this case is especially troubling, the Websleuths Terms of Service still apply.
That means:
- the ONLY people who may be sleuthed and discussed are the missing person, Dylan Rounds, and anyone named BY LE as a suspect or POI. Everyone else is off limits and posts that discuss them may be removed.
- random YouTube videos MUST BE APPROVED by mods or admins FIRST before posting. Those failing to get approval may be removed.
- posts that reply/respond to those that violate the above TOS may also be removed.

When many ignore the TOS and post in defiance of the rules, it results in a need to clean up the thread, which sometimes requires a thread closure. None of us want that.
Please help keep this thread OPEN by Reporting any questionable posts rather than responding to them and perpetuating the violations.

THANK YOU for upholding the Websleuths standards.

ADMIN NOTE:

The social media of family members is not allowed. Only approved missing people support groups are allowed, i.e. Help Find ..., Justice for ...

From The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

ADMIN NOTE

At this time it is a violation of TOS to denigrate and cast aspersions on a family member who has not been named as a POI or a suspect in this missing person case. Websleuths does not allow statement analysis from either self-proclaimed experts or from members. Do not bring that here.

Link to full interview with Dylan's parents is at the end.

Link to full interview with Dylan's parents is at the end.

This article is excellent; it clarifies many of the questions we had. Very helpful photo of DR's farm, too.

I totally agree, I didn't mean that the empty camper was weird, but more so that CC seemed to just gloss over the fact that DR was known stay overnight in this man's trailer (a man who she said in the same interview that she had never met until after DR disappeared) when he was "too tired" to return home for the night (even though DR's trailer is only a ~30 min drive away).
^^bbm

I think CC "glossing over" DR staying over in the Montello trailer was intentional because she's specifically trying to interrupt any misguided focus attributed to their since parted PI. Clearly, there was no reason for CC to appear on the unknown YT creator's site if not an attempt to shut down anything she disagreed with that came from the PI (he that last appeared on this site).

For anybody following since the beginning, we already witnessed that previously, even after the hostage hoax by the same trailer owner, CC acted to publicly take his word over the word of LE on the 5/27 siting. IMO, in their own way, I think both parents were intentionally trying to preserve a relationship here. Something about keeping enemies close...

Seems to me that not until the guy was finally interviewed by LE-- and recanted his sighting of DR on Friday 5/27, did the parents somewhat step back, but not away.

Also, important to recognize that this was all going on before the investigation was upgraded from missing to criminal. Personally, I have little doubt that the parent's strategy paid off -- especially if they've been able to feed LE information confided in them-- information leading to probable cause-- necessary for search warrants and detaining individuals for questioning. JMO

On the Box Elder County sheriff’s Facebook page, they considered it a “missing persons case.” They’ve received tips and continue to “search the Lucin (a nearby town) area.”

The sheriff’s post said his pickup truck was found on his property and he is believed to be on foot.

Cooley said despite recent rains before his disappearance, it appeared not to have been moved, raising more suspicions.

“It’s like it never moved in the rain or took it anywhere on Saturday like they originally thought,” she said.

Wednesday, before he was last seen in nearby Lucin, he told his mother of a man walking barefoot along the road.

“He said ‘mom you wouldn’t believe this guy who jumped out of the desert,'” Cooley said. “‘He was bloody, didn’t have any shoes on. He wanted a ride. I didn’t give him a ride.'”
In Lucin, the family learned the identity of the man. But she said the man called her voluntarily and didn’t know where Rounds could be.

Cooley said the man claimed to have an alibi. She supplied the name to the sheriff and is unsure whether he’s been cleared. She is unsure if authorities feel likewise.

Search and rescue units from both Box Elder County and nearby Nevada have continued to search the area. But there’s still no sign of him.

“He was so excited when I talked to him Thursday,” Cooley recalled. “He said ‘my grain’s growing and it’s coming up. I’m going to get a crop this year.’ (He was) just ecstatic, high on the world and (then) just vanished, not a trace.”

Last edited:
^^bbm

I think CC "glossing over" DR staying over in the Montello trailer was intentional because she's specifically trying to interrupt any misguided focus attributed to their since parted PI. Clearly, there was no reason for CC to appear on the unknown YT creator's site if not an attempt to shut down anything she disagreed with that came from the PI (he that last appeared on this site).

For anybody following since the beginning, we already witnessed that previously, even after the hostage hoax by the same trailer owner, CC acted to publicly take his word over the word of LE on the 5/27 siting. IMO, in their own way, I think both parents were intentionally trying to preserve a relationship here. Something about keeping enemies close...

Seems to me that not until the guy was finally interviewed by LE-- and recanted his sighting of DR on Friday 5/27, did the parents somewhat step back, but not away.

Also, important to recognize that this was all going on before the investigation was upgraded from missing to criminal. Personally, I have little doubt that the parent's strategy paid off -- especially if they've been able to feed LE information confided in them-- information leading to probable cause-- necessary for search warrants and detaining individuals for questioning. JMO
Well said and unsaid.

JMO

6/22/22

“The boots were found in the opposite direction as if he was walking toward his camper,” says Cooley.

There was a dark substance on the boots that the family thought could have been grease or oil. They say investigators have since told them it was blood but it may be from an animal.

From both the parent's interview and MSM, it appears that LE submitted the boots to the lab for testing where a qualitative analysis confirmed the presence of the substance on his boot is blood (i.e., presumptive test).

While the blood was not differentiated as animal or human, there are rapid tests used by LE-- especially at hit and run accidents, but I suspect the next test will include testing for DNA. Until then, it's wait and see, for what sounds like a minuscule amount of blood on DR's boot. MOO

6/22/22

“The boots were found in the opposite direction as if he was walking toward his camper,” says Cooley.

There was a dark substance on the boots that the family thought could have been grease or oil. They say investigators have since told them it was blood but it may be from an animal.

From both the parent's interview and MSM, it appears that LE submitted the boots to the lab for testing where a qualitative analysis confirmed the presence of the substance on his boot is blood (i.e., presumptive test).

While the blood was not differentiated as animal or human, there are rapid tests used by LE-- especially at hit and run accidents, but I suspect the next test will include testing for DNA. Until then, it's wait and see, for what sounds like a minuscule amount of blood on DR's boot. MOO

And, farming is risky, lots of reasons to have your own blood on your own boots -- scraped hand for starters.

Keep in mind the dry, dry climate. My family lives in New Mexico, I have nosebleeds every time I go back home.

But -- it will be good to know if the spot(s) are Dylan's blood or something else.

jmho ymmv lrr

6/22/22

FBI now involved in Dylan Rounds case as his parents plead for help in first joint interview​

Oh, my. That was a difficult and sad interview to watch. It was crushing when CC began crying. I wanted to hug her. JR kept bouncing his left leg as if in a self-soothing motion. This family deserves answers.

Dylan is a man of dreams. Big dreams. He wants to farm the entire valley, his parents said. I believe he could do that very thing.

I have faith in the FBI. I have faith in Equusearch.

So the truck was pressure washed, and cleaned, but the tire wells were still dirty. Assuming that there is foul play, and another person is suspected to have driven the truck to and / or from Dylan’s trailer, shouldn’t there also be another set of footprints around the truck as well as tire tracks from a getaway vehicle driving through the desert? Fingerprints on a pressure washer? Also if Dylan himself was hidden or is in a second location, why not just dispose of the boots in a place where they won’t be found? If the car cleaned, why not clean or burn boots to hide evidence? The fact that he always wears the same pair of boots, and doesn’t wear anything else since he was a child, per mom, doesn’t seem like something a stranger would know to leave behind boots as a decoy or whatnot. The boots, the isolation of the trailer, and the fact that his car wasn’t stolen, but pressure washed and left behind, doesn’t make much sense to me unless it were someone who knew him well. Mom said friends don’t out to trailer- wonder if they’ve checked for fingerprints inside the trailer anyway, even if things look normal inside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back