Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

I am sure WS has very well thought out reasons for the many restrictions on what can and cannot be included in posts. However, IMHO, it seems counterintuitive to “sleuthing” if a poster can only parrot what LE has already publically released as far as POI or suspects. Especially so when Dylan’s family has consistently expressed harsh disdain for the investigative actions and implied lack of support by LE. I am and will always will be a rule follower…so I will continue to follow this thread closely and keep my thoughts to myself.
There exist laws of libel which protect us from ourselves.
It does work though, almost magically, it seems, sometimes.
It's a public forum and it is expertly moderated.

We get to speculate and talk around our thoughts and in that we have an amount of leeway.

It's a good discipline and I have found the skills I have learned here very useful to everything else I do.

I was the slowest person on the internet to grasp these principles.

It was worth the hard lessons

I wish this case was getting more media attention. It seems like the most likely scenario is that he’s dead, at least that’s what I’ve come to believe from media/social media. If he’s not? No one is looking for him alive.

Are citizens in neighboring towns and counties even aware that he’s missing? Even looking? Has there been been one reported sighting? Seems like there aren’t even sightings that end up being misidentification but if there were at least misidentifications then it would indicate people are looking for him and aware that he’s missing.
This puzzles me too.
I was expecting that surrounding populations would be asked to search empty properties lands and outbuildings.

I wish this case was getting more media attention. It seems like the most likely scenario is that he’s dead, at least that’s what I’ve come to believe from media/social media. If he’s not? No one is looking for him alive.

Are citizens in neighboring towns and counties even aware that he’s missing? Even looking? Has there been been one reported sighting? Seems like there aren’t even sightings that end up being misidentification but if there were at least misidentifications then it would indicate people are looking for him and aware that he’s missing.

IMO, I think we've witnessed a missing person case that has completed the circle where the missing person case upgrades to a criminal investigation, as BECSO announced on 6/15.

This means that since 6/15, BECSO and partners BSI, FBI, and ISP have evidence that causes them to believe that foul play was involved in DR disappearing from his farm.

IMO, the case is no longer focused on the safe return of DR but on the recovery of DR, and the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for DR's demise.

It's very typical at this period of an investigation for the media storm, which I attribute directly to DR's mother, to step back and return with the focus on DR's recovery, and justice for their son. I don't think it is a coincidence that on Sunday, the family announced a $100K reward for the recovery and prosecution of those responsible for DR's demise,

At this time, I think we'll continue to see BECSO ask the public for tips and witnesses that may have seen something to come forward. MOO

IMO, I think we've witnessed a missing person case that has completed the circle where the missing person case upgrades to a criminal investigation, as BECSO announced on 6/15.

This means that since 6/15, BECSO and partners BSI, FBI, and ISP have evidence that causes them to believe that foul play was involved in DR disappearing from his farm.

IMO, the case is no longer focused on the safe return of DR but on the recovery of DR, and the arrest and prosecution of those responsible for DR's demise.

It's very typical at this period of an investigation for the media storm, which I attribute directly to DR's mother, to step back and return with the focus on DR's recovery, and justice for their son. I don't think it is a coincidence that on Sunday, the family announced a $100K reward for the recovery and prosecution of those responsible for DR's demise,

At this time, I think we'll continue to see BECSO ask the public for tips and witnesses that may have seen something to come forward. MOO
What makes you think this?

This puzzles me too.
I was expecting that surrounding populations would be asked to search empty properties lands and outbuildings.
this is an interesting point you are making. It seems to suggest knowlege, and that the searches mentioned above would be futile....

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am sure WS has very well thought out reasons for the many restrictions on what can and cannot be included in posts. However, IMHO, it seems counterintuitive to “sleuthing” if a poster can only parrot what LE has already publically released as far as POI or suspects. Especially so when Dylan’s family has consistently expressed harsh disdain for the investigative actions and implied lack of support by LE. I am and will always will be a rule follower…so I will continue to follow this thread closely and keep my thoughts to myself.
^^bbm

It's important to all here that sleuthing begins with a linked, factual basis for any theories, and is not formulated based on rumors or allegations pulled from social media, YT, psychics, etc.

As a facts-based forum, I trust OP will soon begin to experience the true value of WS TOS during the criminal investigation stage. I promise you'll never want to go back to other forms of unrestricted sleuthing. :)

Respectfully, I disagree with OP's impression of why DR's family was being critical of investigators, primarily BECSO when leading the investigation of their missing son, and how that criticism can somehow be linked or compared to WS's TOS.

IMO, the parents implemented a successful strategy where CC essentially ran interference, using mostly social media to both spread awareness of DR, but also place the spotlight directly on investigators, striking out when necessary, while JR worked quietly behind the scenes, keeping contact with LE, for the sole purpose of expediting every available man and resource to DR's case, where the missing investigation soon crossed the evidentiary threshold and was upgraded to a missing/criminal investigation.

At this time, I believe OP will see that the family will continue to keep the spotlight on investigators, but this time the focus will be to find the persons responsible for their son's demise. This requires a completely different skill set that was not available to a missing investigation.

I also think we will soon see the parents and officials appear as partners, seeking only factual tips and information from the public to help break this case.

MOO

By now I think everyone has access to the official FB link that has been approved so I won't link it.
All I can say ( and have said from the beginning ) is I'm really surprised it is allowed on here. Don't get me wrong, there is probably good info, but it really seems to contain A LOT of questionable content.
Edit-https://www.facebook.com/groups/449974266858301 Went ahead and linked newest post.
In order to comment, you need to agree to respect differing opinions (ok) and agree that the grain truck has been searched (???). The comments are all over the place, and these had to have been approved/vetted? And are constantly reminded to not speculate or spread rumors.....It just seems odd to me. IMO
^^bbm

Actually, the
part that OP is referencing is NOT allowed on WS. Only statements by CC/Admin are allowed discussed on WS, and the same must be paraphrased when posting.

^^bbm

Actually, the
part that OP is referencing is NOT allowed on WS. Only statements by CC/Admin are allowed discussed on WS, and the same must be paraphrased when posting.
Got it. I was referencing a statement directly from CC/Admin re: commenting on the site. And it was paraphrased in my above post. If you attempt to comment, the paraphrased content comes up. Give it a try. I just find it odd you must agree the grain truck was searched in order to post. IMO

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed>

I'd say since about 6/22 anything relevant on FB Official page is now being reported in MSM. CC did a good job getting DR's name out so national news is following.

Each of the following MSM is dated today including ABC 4/Utah, and ABC8/Idaho Falls.

Last edited by a moderator:
This puzzles me too.

Once we passed that threshold from missing person to a criminal investigation, a whole new set of rules are at play-- successful prosecution depends on this.

Areas of interest will have pros trained at collecting, validating, and preserving information and evidence. The 30-day time-lapse creates more issues for contamination prevention, and preservation of forensic evidence (i.e, decaying body). BECSO has many resources available now as compared to the missing person investigation which was dependent on the public's help. MOO

<modsnip - quoted posts were removed>

I'd say since about 6/22 anything relevant on FB Official page is now being reported in MSM. CC did a good job getting DR's name out so national news is following.

Each of the following MSM is dated today including ABC 4/Utah, and ABC8/Idaho Falls.

Appending to my quoted post to add: DYLAN ROUNDS NOW HAS A MEDIA
ONLY***NO DISCUSSION***THREAD

@imstilla.grandma

His family have confirmed that the FBI had begun investigating a series of properties in Park Valley, Utah as they offered a $20,000 reward for information.

In a post on a dedicated Facebook page, family friend JG said that a series of unknown items had been taken into custody as authorities combed the area for clues.

His family have confirmed that the FBI had begun investigating a series of properties in Park Valley, Utah as they offered a $20,000 reward for information.

In a post on a dedicated Facebook page, family friend JG said that a series of unknown items had been taken into custody as authorities combed the area for clues.

I later checked the official fb page and found no mention of Park Valley as a search focus, but a regional Burning Man festival was held there recently. The page admin linked its proximity to the possible roping in the Lucin area.

Related admin post and comment:
Another admin comment that might clairfy things: Log into Facebook
Random people aren't allowed to go to the shed area or fly drones over it.

Last edited:
I later checked the official fb page and found no mention of Park Valley as a search focus, but a regional Burning Man festival was held there recently. The page admin linked its proximity to the possible roping in the Lucin area.

Related admin post and comment:
Another admin comment that might clairfy things: Log into Facebook
Random people aren't allowed to go to the shed area or fly drones over it.
Unfortunately, this is the state of journalism these days. These rag reporters take bits and pieces of everything they find online and make up their own story. They can’t be bothered to go out and find the actual facts.

Thanks for the clarification @indicolite22!
Unfortunately, this is the state of journalism these days. These rag reporters take bits and pieces of everything they find online and make up their own story. They can’t be bothered to go out and find the actual facts.
I was about to say the same and how I'm surprised it wasn't reported as
Park City, UT (that would have really put a spin on the story)!
I have concerns about the reliability of that article quite frankly.

Is The Sun an accepted MSM Source?

Unfortunately, it's one of the "consider the source" MSM.

IMO, if East Idaho News isn't the first to report, it's likely insignificant, unverified, or otherwise embellished.

Photo of Dylan Rounds sitting

“Stuff like this doesn't happen without people knowing,” Cooley told the news outlet. “They’re just not talking. Somebody tell us something. We have no direction right now.”

“Somebody knows and it’s more than one somebody,” Cooley told ABC4. “I think it’s multiple people that know what happened to Dylan, but nobody’s talking.”

ABC4 reported that there was a man who was bloody that asked Dylan for a ride just days before his disappearance. The outlet said Cooley doesn't think the man had anything to do with his disappearance though it is unknown if authorities cleared the man.

The man, a fugitive from Montana, is currently being held in Davis County Jail, according to ABC4.

Dylan's family is requesting that anybody with knowledge of his disappearance get in touch with them via Facebook. Information can also be sent through the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Department Facebook page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back