Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Ever think the barefoot man just claimed DR gave him a ride just in case his DNA might be found in or on his truck? DR isn't around to say. To much gossiping has gone on I can't keep up with facts,speculation or down right false stories put out by media and YT for click bait.

1656507435728.jpeg

According to the Elko County Sheriff’s Office, the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office has jurisdiction in the case.

“Dylan was, in fact, seen in Montello before his disappearance on the 26th of May, not the 27th as reported on social media,” the Elko County Sheriff’s Office wrote in a news release. Montello is located in Nevada.

“He ate at a local establishment there and then returned to Utah. Cell phone data was used to track Dylan’s phone around his farm near Lucin, UT.”…

View attachment 351776

According to the Elko County Sheriff’s Office, the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office has jurisdiction in the case.

“Dylan was, in fact, seen in Montello before his disappearance on the 26th of May, not the 27th as reported on social media,” the Elko County Sheriff’s Office wrote in a news release. Montello is located in Nevada.

“He ate at a local establishment there and then returned to Utah. Cell phone data was used to track Dylan’s phone around his farm near Lucin, UT.”…
Okay, from the article: CC is trying to point out the routines of his daily life and part of that is his attire. She shows and even mentions that he often wears hats -he apparently wore them a lot as part of his work/life clothing.

Now, how can boots come off in a struggle, but not a hat? The boots were taken off of him or he left them for a reason it would seem. Why leave them? Why would a perp take them off of him and then leave them? Didn't fit? As a message to someone?

Did Dylan leave them as a message to someone? But why boots. Wouldn't the hat be easier? If he'd been captured/attacked, surely he would need footwear to try to escape.

Has this case/story been featured on any major Network type news program? Are the parents pleading for the public to come forward - other than social media/youtube? I haven't seen anything local here in NV.
It looks like most of the msm reports are out of SLC and Idaho Falls. I’ve seen 2 reports on our local news Facebook pages. I think the first one I saw was a couple of weeks after he went missing.

I’d think at the least there’d be a daily missing person post on all the surrounding local Facebook pages.

If I thought I saw him, I’d dismiss it being wrong since the prevailing theory is that he’s dead.

Is this the kind of case where a "cell tower dump" would be useful? I've heard of LE gathering information from cellphone towers to see which phones were pinging in the area at a given time. IDK?

Is it possible that Dylans boots were muddy and he took them off before entering his truck? Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, this is my first post in this thread.

Okay, from the article: CC is trying to point out the routines of his daily life and part of that is his attire. She shows and even mentions that he often wears hats -he apparently wore them a lot as part of his work/life clothing.

Now, how can boots come off in a struggle, but not a hat? The boots were taken off of him or he left them for a reason it would seem. Why leave them? Why would a perp take them off of him and then leave them? Didn't fit? As a message to someone?

Did Dylan leave them as a message to someone? But why boots. Wouldn't the hat be easier? If he'd been captured/attacked, surely he would need footwear to try to escape.
Imo work boots dont come off in a struggle. They are taken off. I cant see anyone taking mine off me. They are tied on tight for the day once i lace them up in the morning. Imo either he took them off for whatever reason or they were taken off after he was incapacitated imo

Imo work boots dont come off in a struggle. They are taken off. I cant see anyone taking mine off me. They are tied on tight for the day once i lace them up in the morning. Imo either he took them off for whatever reason or they were taken off after he was incapacitated imo
Ok there have been times i leave them loosely tied but still id fight to keep them w me. And they aren't that loose to just come off both together.

Once there, Cooley says they found his grain truck in the shed. A search and rescue team later discovered his boots behind a pile of dirt.

Those were his only pair of boots, she says.

His camper was also searched. "There was no wallet, no phone," says Cooley.
Cooley adds that the key fob to his pickup was also missing and the truck was locked. "Dylan never locks anything," she says. "And his pistol's gone. As hard as it is, and as much as I hate to say it, I'm about 99 percent sure somebody murdered my son."

It looks like most of the msm reports are out of SLC and Idaho Falls. I’ve seen 2 reports on our local news Facebook pages. I think the first one I saw was a couple of weeks after he went missing.

I’d think at the least there’d be a daily missing person post on all the surrounding local Facebook pages.

If I thought I saw him, I’d dismiss it being wrong since the prevailing theory is that he’s dead.
This ^. 100%. Other than him being missing there’s been next to nothing that DEFINITIVELY (publicly known) that he’s dead yet it seems as if that’s been how it’s been treated and stated from the get. Strange to say the least.

Boots seem to be a clue or just a distraction from whats really going on I dont know. Boots might be nothing and people are putting to much into that maybe not its confusing at best.

If it rained as much as we think it may have after Dylan called his Gma, then his boots would be caked in mud. Walking in that kind of alkaline mud that is his property, is like walking in wet concrete. In this theory, he did not walk in the mud after it rained or his boots would be caked in mud. HIs father never mentioned mud on his son's boots.

I believe Dylan's boots were the slip on cowboy type. I agree with you that they didn't come off in a fight.

Looks like the poor family is getting even more upset at the former PI they hired. He has, as the article states, continued to make the rounds on various YouTube channels. I’ve only watched a few but it seems even more - IMHO and IMOO - personal to him now to fight back. He has claimed (at least once that I saw) that he was mad that the recorded call was posted because he wanted to protect the identity of the women being abused he referenced in it. He also offered $509 to identify the YouTuber who posted the call, who expressly shared that CC shared the call and wanted it to be shared, it seems.

He also says he wants to collect the reward.

I feel bad for the family.

Updated thoughts.

My primary speculation is that it was a specific someone no one would be surprised by. I think this person was involved with meth, thought that Dylan might have some money, and went to rob him. I think it’s plausible he ran Dylan down with the truck which is why it was cleaned, the front badge is missing, it was in the wrong gear, and the seat moved forward (maybe to get something out from behind the seat). If the truck was going fast enough, Dylan could have been knocked out of his boots. The perp could have then tossed his boots aside.

Runner up speculation: Person A hates person B; they’re absolute enemies. Person A has at least a working relationship with Dylan, perhaps closer. Dylan finds a shoeless person B and gives him a ride. Dylan later meets up with person A, perhaps asking for help moving the grain truck. Along the way, he mentions he helped person B, and person A, who has a volatile temper, becomes angry and kills him. The boots are taken off and left to mock person B (or he also hit Dylan with the truck, again, perhaps fast enough to knock him out of his boots).

Last edited:
My primary speculation is that it was a specific someone no one would be surprised by. I think this person was involved with meth, thought that Dylan might have some money, and went to rob him.

Great thoughts. This is the first explanation that has just “clicked” for me in terms of motive and manner of disappearance. The reason it makes sense (to me) is because a) it doesn’t directly involve Dylan in any shady activity, and b) it would make sense that someone in town would know he was alone out there and honestly quite vulnerable (age, life experience, isolated).
I also think there’s a good chance he would be an easy target for robbery as it would be easy to see how one may see him as naive- especially in terms of protecting his money/property etc- hence the reason they may think he would have cash either on his person or in his trailer or truck.

As hard as it is, and as much as I hate to say it, I'm about 99 percent sure somebody murdered my son."
^^rsbm

Sadly, I agree with CC.

I think the boots are a red herring. Probably tossed behind the dirt pile, or later returned to the property, just as the Ford was washed and left parked at DR's trailer. MOO

The boot situation is definitely strange but I don't think they were left as a "message" IMO. They were behind the dirt pile, if you were looking from where the road/shed are located. If someone was trying to be bold and send a message or make a statement, I think the boots would be placed in a more obvious spot - even on top of the pile or in front - or closer to the shed. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back