Deceased/Not Found UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

Just my thoughts. It has been said by Dylan's aunt that the stranger who asked for a ride, had no shoes on. My first thought was that he took the boots and they would not fit, so he left them. Has there been any information on the height of the man asking for a ride?
The alleged ride was 2 or 3 days before DR went missing. So if this rider took the boots what did DR wear for those days?

Lack of an obvious motive in this case sure makes it hard to think what happened?
Robbery - Nothing is missing. It's not like someone interrupted a crime in process so there would have been plenty of time to come back for any valuables.
Love triangle or jilted lover - No evidence has been presented through phone, text, or social media of any relationships.
Farm dispute - Water is precious and maybe someone felt DR's plans took water from them. But these disputes are usually pretty public.
Random roaming vagrant - Why would a random druggie take the time to hide a body or clean up the crime scene yet take nothing? They'd usually leave the body, take what they want, then move on to another area.

The alleged ride was 2 or 3 days before DR went missing. So if this rider took the boots what did DR wear for those days?
Not saying he took them on the day of the ride, only that if he didn't have shoes and came back and did something to DR, that he may have removed the boots, tried them and they didn't fit, so left them.

Not saying he took them on the day of the ride, only that if he didn't have shoes and came back and did something to DR, that he may have removed the boots, tried them and they didn't fit, so left them.
I don't think the man was without shoes much longer after DR gave him a ride to town. He has a family that apparently had been looking for him. DR told others once his phone was charged, the man called his parents that assured him they had recovered his vehicle and his children were all safe. He managed to get to the Ogden area not long after and I'm sure he was wearing his own shoes by then. JMO

I don't think the man was without shoes much longer after DR gave him a ride to town. He has a family that apparently had been looking for him. DR told others once his phone was charged, the man called his parents that assured him they had recovered his vehicle and his children were all safe. He managed to get to the Ogden area not long after and I'm sure he was wearing his own shoes by then. JMO
I wonder if the story about the shoeless guy was passed around town as happens in small towns, so others knew. Perhaps the perp (assuming foul play which I do) had heard the story and left the boots to throw suspicion on shoeless guy? Though I agree if someone used the boots to cast aspersions they’d be left in a more prominent place. Just thinking out loud, and without coffee yet, so forgive me. All MOO and pure speculation.

I was thinking about the boots-what if in that dirt pile was a fire ant nest? If they started swarming, that would be one reason take off your boots and throw them. Utah has an invasive aggressive fire ant problem and on their University website it has a picture of a boot being swarmed.
Also everything that's missing seems to be what DR would have with him if he was intending to go somewhere, except for the fact that he kept his pistol in his truck. So a perpetrator had to know where his pistol was(unless DR had it on him for some reason) but they didn't know he never locked his truck.

Agree, I don't know many guys that age that wear lace-ups.

Updated thoughts.

My primary speculation is that it was a specific someone no one would be surprised by. I think this person was involved with meth, thought that Dylan might have some money, and went to rob him. I think it’s plausible he ran Dylan down with the truck which is why it was cleaned, the front badge is missing, it was in the wrong gear, and the seat moved forward (maybe to get something out from behind the seat). If the truck was going fast enough, Dylan could have been knocked out of his boots. The perp could have then tossed his boots aside.

Runner up speculation: Person A hates person B; they’re absolute enemies. Person A has at least a working relationship with Dylan, perhaps closer. Dylan finds a shoeless person B and gives him a ride. Dylan later meets up with person A, perhaps asking for help moving the grain truck. Along the way, he mentions he helped person B, and person A, who has a volatile temper, becomes angry and kills him. The boots are taken off and left to mock person B (or he also hit Dylan with the truck, again, perhaps fast enough to knock him out of his boots).

RBBM to say *this*.

Dylan was out there alone and vulnerable. Is it possible he got mixed up with unsavoury people? People involved with methamphetamines are a depraved lot who will do almost anything.

How much rain actually fell in Lucin that day? Could Dylan have given his grandmother an excuse when he said he had to go cover his truck? If there was some kind of "accident" with the truck, shouldn't there be some visible proof like tire tracks, drag marks etc?

The gear shift, seat and boots IMO seem like clues, hints, red flags, signs of foul play. JMO.

I don't think the theory of somebody running him down with his own truck will work. If they had done that, they would have pressure washed the front of the truck, not the bed and the rear wheel wells.

The only thing that makes sense to me with the pressure washing and such is that they threw the body in the back to move it, then washed the truck clean. Spoiler: if that's what happened, the LE lab folks are going to find traces anyway.

Last edited:
I wonder if the story about the shoeless guy was passed around town as happens in small towns, so others knew. Perhaps the perp (assuming foul play which I do) had heard the story and left the boots to throw suspicion on shoeless guy? Though I agree if someone used the boots to cast aspersions they’d be left in a more prominent place. Just thinking out loud, and without coffee yet, so forgive me. All MOO and pure speculation.
BBM You also make a very good point! JMO MOO

But then surely there would be footprints of scuffing and moving around in that area?

Lucin, despite being very small has an airport. Apparently it is owned by a private individual who made his money designing an airplane propeller of some sort. I wonder if this airport could have been involved with drug smuggling of some sort. Possibly Dylan became peripherally involved with this. I doubt he was knowingly involved because there should be some evidence of wealth. Possibly he stumbled upon illegal activity and was felt to be a threat.

I wonder if there is a jealous husband/boyfriend involved. There are very few things that would prompt a 19 year old farmer to remove his boots other than in his own home (camper/trailer). The truck seat being moved forward could be due to a short driver, possibly a woman. His mother talks about girlfriends. I can't imagine a lot of unattached females living in such a desolate area.

I also really want to know what a barefoot man was doing walking down the road in a desert in the middle of nowhere. People don't just stumble into deserts. That man was where he was for a reason.

I still think that someone that did harm to DR could have put his boots on to disguise his footprints. After he left DR someplace and perhaps partially washed down DR's truck he left without the boots. Just an idea.

I believe Dylan's boots were the slip on cowboy type. I agree with you that they didn't come off in a fight.
Ty i didnt know that.
Agree, I don't know many guys that age that wear lace-ups.
In my world I'd say 85% of the guys wear lace up red wing boots, union, non union, young and old. My entire family of construction workers age 20 to 56 lace up but i can see out west where they'd wear the pull on vs lace up. Regardless i hope we get some info whats happened to Dylan.

Lack of an obvious motive in this case sure makes it hard to think what happened?
Robbery - Nothing is missing. It's not like someone interrupted a crime in process so there would have been plenty of time to come back for any valuables.
Love triangle or jilted lover - No evidence has been presented through phone, text, or social media of any relationships.
Farm dispute - Water is precious and maybe someone felt DR's plans took water from them. But these disputes are usually pretty public.
Random roaming vagrant - Why would a random druggie take the time to hide a body or clean up the crime scene yet take nothing? They'd usually leave the body, take what they want, then move on to another area.
Robbery: Could have been botched, hence nothing missing,but nothing appearing disturbed or ransacked casts doubt here.
Love triangle: No eviedence, although, he apparently did have "girlfriends". Not sure what all this means, except maybe Dylan dated more outside of farming season? And who really knows what "girlfriends" means? A casual date here and there during the off season? You'd think if he were in a relationship anywhere around his farm people there would know, and if in Idaho, someone there would knowing something. It sure doesn't appear that he was in any kind of romantic relationship most recently.
Farm dispute: Besides water, can anyone think of what else would be disputed? People trying to "squat" on his property? And this brings up the private investigator's claims of Dylan being part of a group trying to protect his property from meth heads. The PI has been roundly disgraced; however, could some of this be true?
Random roaming vagrant: I agree, it wouldn't be likely that someone would clean the truck, etc.
I do think your comment on running over Dylan with the truck could be a possibility, though. Washed the front of the truck but forgot the forward wheel wells? But washed the back ones? Hmmmm. If it did happen, could it have been an accident?

Last edited:
Robbery: Could have been botched, hence nothing missing,but nothing appearing disturbed or ransacked casts doubt here.
Love triangle: No eviedence, although, he apparently did have "girlfriends". Not sure what all this means, except maybe Dylan dated more outside of farming season? And who really knows what "girlfriends" means? A casual date here and there during the off season? You'd think if he were in a relationship anywhere around his farm people there would know, and if in Idaho, someone there would knowing something. It sure doesn't appear that he was in any kind of romantic relationship most recently.
Farm dispute: Besides water, can anyone think of what else would be disputed? People trying to "squat" on his property? And this brings up the private investigator's claims of Dylan being part of a group trying to protect his property from meth heads. The PI has been roundly disgraced; however, could some of this be true?
Random roaming vagrant: I agree, it wouldn't be likely that someone would clean the truck, etc.
I do think your comment on running over Dylan with the truck could be a possibility, though. Could it have been an accident?
I never though Dylan was ran over with the truck. Unless Dylan was already on the ground, there is almost always damage to a vehicle when it hits a person. Even a pickup truck.

Interesting comment by the Find.. fb page admin: Log into Facebook

It makes me think that the family isn't pointing their finger in the same direction as the Internet.
The Admin seems to be saying that there IS a police report about the holding of 3 women hostage. That is amazing to me.

I'd love to hear what people think are the most likely motives here. Robbery? Romantic entanglement? Stumbles upon something unsavory, such as a drug deal and killed silence him? Others?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back