Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

I never though Dylan was ran over with the truck. Unless Dylan was already on the ground, there is almost always damage to a vehicle when it hits a person. Even a pickup truck.
Sorry, thought it was your comment I was responding to!

Farm dispute: Besides water, can anyone think of what else would be disputed? People trying to "squat" on his property? And this brings up the private investigator's claims of Dylan being part of a group trying to protect his property from meth heads. The PI has been roundly disgraced; however, could some of this be true?
SBM. Why would people from Montello patrol on property in Lucin? Do they own any land there?

Dispute could have been with neighbors or employees.

If it rained as much as we think it may have after Dylan called his Gma, then his boots would be caked in mud. Walking in that kind of alkaline mud that is his property, is like walking in wet concrete. In this theory, he did not walk in the mud after it rained or his boots would be caked in mud. HIs father never mentioned mud on his son's boots.
In pulling up the historical weather report for the day he was last heard from there was only a few hours of light rain. Sometime between 6-8am. Not sure how accurate this is as I also should mention I didn’t see any substantial or heavy rain as mentioned in the days before or after this. Perhaps someone using a different source (I used Dark Sky app) or is local could confirm or refute these findings?

I don't believe anything the PI said. The person who called his mom with the kidnapping story is most concerning to me. It was said that he owned the bar, and worked on the farm. I'm not sure if it was with DR or before. I want to know where that info came from or if false, why he would call this kids mother and tell it. That is where I would focus my investigation.

I don't believe anything the PI said. The person who called his mom with the kidnapping story is most concerning to me. It was said that he owned the bar, and worked on the farm. I'm not sure if it was with DR or before. I want to know where that info came from or if false, why he would call this kids mother and tell it. That is where I would focus my investigation.
The person owns a backhoe and helped Dylan dig for a pond on his property. The kidnapping story has an explanation (link in my previous post):
Interesting comment by the Find.. fb page admin: Log into Facebook
The person in question was just interviewed on yt.

Just brainstorming about the boots. I don't feel that they were left to intentionally send a message. We know these are the only pair of shoes he wears other than the muck boots which are accounted for so that is a significant find. I can come up 2 scenarios but I'm sure there's many other possibilities.

1. DR took his boots of willingly. He wasn't able to plant that day maybe he decided to do something for fun with another person and an accident occurred. Swimming or wading in the pond comes to mind. Is there any kind of recreational activity or just something kids would do that he might take his boots off for?

2. Someone removed his boots either during or after an accident or some sort of nefarious interaction.

I wonder if the story about the shoeless guy was passed around town as happens in small towns, so others knew. Perhaps the perp (assuming foul play which I do) had heard the story and left the boots to throw suspicion on shoeless guy? Though I agree if someone used the boots to cast aspersions they’d be left in a more prominent place. Just thinking out loud, and without coffee yet, so forgive me. All MOO and pure speculation.

You make some excellent points @Limecat -- coffee or not. DR's mom provided she immediately thought of DR's allegedly refusing a ride to the shoeless man the moment she saw DR's boots tossed beside the dirt mound, not visible from the road. CC said It was only after talking to him and learning that DR did not refuse to give him a ride that she let go of revenge by the shoeless man.

However, I agree that somebody not expecting the shoeless man would ever come forward or make contact with CC and confirm DR gave him a ride, might think to plant DR's boots for this exact, intended effect (i.e., point suspicion at the DR's earlier encounter with the shoeless man).

By voluntarily coming forward here, this cost the shoeless man his freedom -- knowing he had an outstanding warrant, a fugitive of justice in Montana.

Let's hope authorities are questioning all familiar with DR's roadside encounter as well as any enemies of the shoeless man. MOO

In my world I'd say 85% of the guys wear lace up red wing boots, union, non union, young and old. My entire family of construction workers age 20 to 56 lace up but i can see out west where they'd wear the pull on vs lace up. Regardless i hope we get some info whats happened to Dylan.

Yes, love my Red Wing, steel toe, lace-ups, and no break-in required.

DR's boots/brand identified in thread #1. Georgia Boot Farm & Ranch - pull-on work boot

CC posted a video of DR last Christmas on a hoverboard specifically to point out his boots.

In their last joint interview on East Idaho News, DR's dad says he's wearing the same boots as DR's (Georgia) albeit JR's boots are older.

Looks like neighbor of Rounds arrested in an unrelated firearms charge. Said to have been a friend to Dylan and his family. Full story here

Here's the arrest warrant. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...nt/uploads/2022/06/brenner-court-document.pdf

What concerns me is that his property was searched prior to law enforcement learning about the guns, which means it was almost certainly searched in relation to the Rounds investigation.

Which means they had to have probable cause.

We're talking about a felon living in close proximity to Dylan, and someone who knew his family.

He ticks all the boxes...

Last edited:
LUCIN, Box Elder County — A squatter who was living near 19-year-old Dylan Rounds when he went missing from the remote community of Lucin in northwest Utah in May faces new criminal charges in federal court.

James Brenner, 58, was charged in the U.S. District Court of Utah on Thursday with being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was also charged in 1st District Court on June 23 with three counts of being a restricted person in possession of a firearm, a third-degree felony.

Dylan Rounds, originally from Rigby, Idaho, was last heard from on May 28. According to family members, Rounds lived by himself in a camp trailer where he farmed grain. Family members reported Rounds missing to the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office on May 30.

"On this day, (Rounds) contacted a relative by phone and told them that he was 'putting the grain truck into shelter,'" according to the complaint filed in federal court.

The shelter for the grain truck is adjacent to two other parcels of land, the charges state. Brenner was "squatting" in a trailer on one of those parcels about five miles away from Rounds' home, the charges state.

Brenner, who is considered a "family friend" of Rounds, was interviewed by law enforcement on June 7.

Looks like neighbor of Rounds arrested in an unrelated firearms charge. Said to have been a friend to Dylan and his family. Full story here
Wonder what the original felony conviction was for?

Ever think the barefoot man just claimed DR gave him a ride just in case his DNA might be found in or on his truck? DR isn't around to say. To much gossiping has gone on I can't keep up with facts,speculation or down right false stories put out by media and YT for
Here's the arrest warrant. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/...nt/uploads/2022/06/brenner-court-document.pdf

What concerns me is that his property was searched prior to law enforcement learning about the guns, which means it was almost certainly searched in relation to the Rounds investigation.

Which means they had to have probable cause.

We're talking about a felon living in close proximity to Dylan, and someone who knew his family.

He ticks all the boxes...
It would seem there are lot of box tickers in this case! Those poor parents.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Is 5 rounds a normal number of rounds? Is that maybe one less than fully loaded?

I don't think Dylan drove the truck into the building as he intended. I think it happened later after the rain started -- by the person who disappeared Dylan. Throwing his boots out might've been an after thoughts, having intended to dispose of them with him, tossed out behind the dirt pile where no one would come across them. Maybe thought he'd have time later to burn them --

Poor Dylan.

This is going to end all kinds of bad. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member