Found Deceased UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

I have believed from the beginning that it would be someone close, that knows the ins and outs of the farm - this could be any of the three questioned by the police.

After talking to grandma, Dylan was leaving at 6:45am to the 5 mile location to put the seed under cover. He would have to pass (very closely) the squatter in the camper to put the truck in the overhang. There is no way that he wouldn't have seen and heard Dylan that morning. This squatter was arrested on weapons charge recently was located right where the grain truck and discarded boots were. In my opinion, he just has to know something or... everything! He also, according to the arrest warrant posted earlier, he is a felon with a history of violence. I'm all for felons making a better life but in my opinion, it is not so in this case.

I think Dylan has been placed in a location that could possibly need 4W Low to get to. Mountain? Around the Wash? I haven't looked to see how far the wash goes and I realize it's been searched already. I think we'll know some details soon.

In the attached shot, you can see two campers, one of which was being squatted in after someone vacated it previously (according to the arrest warrant/affidavit posted earlier).
This is by far, the clearest image I have seen that provides spacial perspective to the area around the grain shed and the proximity of the campers

Has it already been suggested that someone else put Dylans boots on? Maybe it started to rain and someone didn't want to leave their own tracks behind? In open skies like that, sometimes it rains in "patches". Is it possible someone put them on, walked until the earth was dry, took them off and kept walking? Just spitballing, Idk.

IIRC, CC & JR were very critical of Elko County SO early on. They said that ECSO only investigated the home that was part of the hostage rumor because JR threatened to go there himself.
Both parents also pressed for more searches in Elko County because they felt all ground had been covered near the farm in Lucin.
In response to criticism from both the family and the public, Elko released the following press release on 6/7:
View attachment 352328
Thank you, I must have forgotten about it.

Largely true agreed, but not wholly. Some LE Agencies only disseminate information in response to media inquiries. IMO, that's where msm media is still valuable. Plus due to TOS, sometimes the only way we can post case information is if msm media is publishing it :)
In the past MSM usually did not post rumors and made effort to interview people. Now some just embed random social media posts in their articles without any sort of verification of the source or content.

You are right. Not sure how I imagined it to be something else, but yes, it's reported as a dirt pile.

I have seen it said that it was a dirt pile but was near a burn pit and sometimes things were placed there until being burned later on.

ETA: I see it has been found and posted already. Good.

Looks like former PI was finally served a cease and desist from the family.

Can be read about here Attorney for Dylan Rounds' parents sends private investigator cease-and-desist letter - East Idaho News (but I also posted the letter below). I hope he will, at the very least, stop trying to get in the way of the family searching for answers in pursuit of his own personal gain [whatever that may be or mean to him]. The family has enough to deal with right now, more than enough
It’s confusing people think he has much to gain from this. IMO. He already received payment and while not everyone’s cup of tea, does provide information that seems at least somewhat potentially relevant to finding Dylan. Has his involvement become somewhat of a distraction? Yes. Would it have been if the situation wasn’t initiated and continuously instigated? Probably not.

Old saying I have been told in my past: if you wish to cause a spark, expect a fire. If you are the cause, get away from the fuel, if you are the fuel, keep away from the cause.

These two parties going back and forth is only fueling the spread of fire and the only question at this point is who gets burned along the way? All I know is that the continued back and forth isn’t finding Dylan or finding justice.

No one comes out a winner but there’s many losers in this one. JMO

I agree that there is no evidence of his involvement. His arrest is not for anything connected to Dylan, that we know of.

And I agree that there are many others that are possible suspects because of past criminal history and basic sketchiness. Too many possibilities to choose from, for sure.

But there are a couple of things that make me look at Jim sideways.

---He came to do a wellness check. How many times have we seen the perp in that position? Reminds me of a few cases, like Chase Merritt in the McStay family case, as one example.

---He was reportedly fired by Dylan recently, which could be a cause for some resentment between them.

---He is a squatter and is likely in need of money. This could have been a robbery in some way that we don't know about yet?

---There was a report of his recent assault on an elderly victim which showed his temper and his violent tendencies.

---He is staying RIGHT THERE on the edge of property. Talk about opportunity. And he had a way to see what was going on with Dylan without being noticed. And to know when no one else was around.

---Dylan's last known destination seemed to be right near Jim's camper. And the late afternoon cell ping location was still possibly in that same area.

---He was perfect candidate for someone who could/would use the power washer. I think the only people who would have used that power washer were ex-employees or close friends/family, who would know it was there, how to hook to the retention pond, and who would feel comfortable staying around on the property for so long. A neighbour/ex employee fits that bill perfectly.

He may not be the perpetrator but he checks a lot of the boxes, imo.

At first I didn’t think too much of it since the attention on this area is putting other shady activity in the spotlight and the cops might be doing a general cleanup.

However J the farmhand got busted with a .22 Winchester and three muzzleloaders. A .22 is a pea-shooter and hobbyists and vintage collectors have muzzleloaders. I don’t think the feds wouldn’t waste their time with those weapons, especially considering the other crazy stuff (meth labs, fencing) allegedly going on out there, unless they think he’s involved in something more serious and want to hold him until they can get their case against him together, or use it for leverage if they think he knows what happened if someone else did it.

Then it was reported that he has a temper. He knows DR, he knows the farm, and how Dylan runs things...

They may have gotten into an argument, his temper flared, and things got out of control.

Along with the other two individuals I mentioned previously, he’s on my list.

Last edited:
It was casually mentioned in the beginning of the last video on Dutyron channel that JB wore Dylan's hat. Later CC's interview for the channel was given as the source.
Huh? As in JB wearing a cap typically worn by DR? Hat DR last seen wearing? Gifted him? What? I don't understand the context here.

At first I didn’t think too much of it since the attention on this area is putting other shady activity in the spotlight and the cops might be doing a general cleanup.

However J the farmhand got busted with a .22 Winchester and three muzzleloaders. A .22 is a pea-shooter and hobbyists and vintage collectors have muzzleloaders. I don’t think the feds wouldn’t waste their time with those weapons, especially considering the other crazy stuff (meth labs, fencing) allegedly going on out there, unless they think he’s involved in something more serious and want to hold him until they can get their case against him together, or use it for leverage if they think he knows what happened if someone else did it.

Then it was reported that he has a temper. He knows DR, he knows the farm, and how Dylan runs things...

They may have gotten into an argument, his temper flared, and things got out of control.

Along with the other two individuals I mentioned previously, he’s on my list.

Since felons are banned from owning a regular firearm, they are also prohibited from possessing the ammunition for such a gun. However, since it is black powder instead of bullets or cartridges, felons are allowed to have this type of ammunition as long as they have less than 50 pounds of black powder.

Huh? As in JB wearing a cap typically worn by DR? Hat DR last seen wearing? Gifted him? What? I don't understand the context here.
They were listing factors in JB's potential involvement: "...given he's been a player involved with Dylan and... he's wearing Dylan's hat, lives right near where the boots are, where the grain truck is..." If the hat was gifted it likely wouldn't have been significant.

They were listing factors in JB's potential involvement: "...given he's been a player involved with Dylan and... he's wearing Dylan's hat, lives right near where the boots are, where the grain truck is..." If the hat was gifted it likely wouldn't have been significant.
Valid reasons JB suspicious, got it! Thank you.

Since felons are banned from owning a regular firearm, they are also prohibited from possessing the ammunition for such a gun. However, since it is black powder instead of bullets or cartridges, felons are allowed to have this type of ammunition as long as they have less than 50 pounds of black powder.

Appending to this post to add a couple of observations (state v federal gun charges) after reading the AA/Complaint filed in US District Court on 6/29, nine days after JB was booked into Box Elder County Jail.

JB has been charged with 1-count, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, specific to a .22 caliber Winchester rifle, and the firearm was in and affecting commerce; all in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(l).

The AA also provides that the ammo related to muzzle load weapons was only photographed but not seized by BECSO at the time the search warrant executed on 6/16 (per quoted post, a felon allowed up to 50#).

As this was a question posed earlier on the thread, this arrest serves as an example of the difference between state gun charges versus federal where Box Elder County Court reports 3 counts of felon in possession (ie. 3 black powder weapons booked into evidence by BECSO on 6/20), and these weapons are omitted from federal charges.

AA docs at link below.

I'd like to know more about the hat.

Has anyone seen DR wearing that same hat recently? If he was seen wearing that hat in town in his last known sightings, then that could be very damning for Jim.

But maybe it is an old hat, and he had thrown it out, or lost it or gave it away?

I'd like to know more about the hat.

Has anyone seen DR wearing that same hat recently? If he was seen wearing that hat in town in his last known sightings, then that could be very damning for Jim.

But maybe it is an old hat, and he had thrown it out, or lost it or gave it away?
Like his boots?

Are they even searching for remains anymore? I am afraid that they might need a body to be able to charge any of these suspects.

The fact they haven't located him by now makes me worry that he won't ever be located unless someone spills, which I don't see happening either.
I don't want to be gruesome but there's a lot of farm equipment out there that could have been used to ... well...

All JMO.

The fact they haven't located him by now makes me worry that he won't ever be located unless someone spills, which I don't see happening either.
I don't want to be gruesome but there's a lot of farm equipment out there that could have been used to ... well...

All JMO.
Agree but, remember, “no body” trials can and have been won many times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back