Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Jury Trial - discussion *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch the fact that this is not an innocent or guilty case?
He is presumed guilty but under the influence of his brother.
This way, there is no real need to offer evidence in his defense since it is only the level of guilt in question.

The truth is there is no evidence linking this man to the bombing, it is all speculation.
The brother, who is dead can be made to look like the most evil mastermind since Bin Laden since he is not there to defend himself.

I know...everyone is angry and want heads to roll...but if this man is innocent, that means the real culprit is walking about free.

No question in my mind he's guilty.
There is a lot of evidence linking him to the bombings, the shooting, and the run/fight afterwards.

Not to mention, his own attorney has admitted he's guilty but was under his brothers control.

JMO

So much for equal protection under the law and innocent until proven guilty.
Goodbye 14th Amendment.

I must have missed the evidence you are referring to.
His lawyer already said he is guilty?
I think I'd want a different lawyer.

I don't think there is any other way for his lawyer to try and defend him besides saying yes he was involved but he was being controlled by his brother. There is voluminous evidence against him, from the videos, to the eyewitness to finding him in the boat.

I don't mean to be difficult and I do know the rules of evidence, having testified and participated in criminal cases.
The headline of the first link is very misleading and does not at all show what it claims.

'Chilling' unreleased video clearly shows youngest Boston bomber placing backpack on floor and then calmly moving to a safe distance before it blows up

In any case, this kid is toast, regardless of whether he participated in the crime or not.
In another thread, I mentioned suspects being convicted in the court of public opinion which is driven by the media and stacks the cards against them in any effort at getting a fair trial, this thread and this case is a clear example of that.

DA wouldn't take it I believe. Plea would be great but pressure from public for a trial is too great imho.

Katy Runner to Testify in Boston Marathon Bombing Trial
Rebekah DiMartino, of Katy, was badly injured in the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013, but she is a fighter who is now learning to walk on her new prosthetic leg.

In February, DiMartino will take the stand and testify against the surviving suspect........
x

........."I was just a couple of feet from a bomb and I'm here to tell you about it. It may have taken my leg, but my body was able to shield my 5-year-old son, (who is) now 7 years old," DiMartino said. "That is worth every single hardship I've had to go through since then."........

Read more: http://www.ktrh.com/articles/housto...r-to-testify-in-boston-13136728#ixzz3OWrg8k8y

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 4m4 minutes ago
Tsarnaev introducing jurors again, reminding them that "this is a capital case."

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 5m5 minutes ago
Judge reading the charges. "Some but not all charges are punishable...by death." #tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 48s48 seconds ago
If Jury chooses, "i would be required to sentence the defendant to death," judge says.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 32s32 seconds ago
This is a group of 20 prospective jurors. Judge to call them in for questioning one at a time.

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Judge spending a lot of time explaining how a death sentence works. Jurors will be questioned about their feelings on the death penalty.

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 39s40 seconds ago
Judge: You should know a juror is never required to find death. #Tsarnaev

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 30s31 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev jurors take an oath, then leave the room. Will be brought back in one by one for questioning.

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 16s17 seconds ago
#Tsarnaev juror says he saw a story about Charlie Hebdo but didn't read it.

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 2m2 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev juror says recent news stories about abuse of police power has affected his views toward law enforcement.

Mike Hayes ‏@michaelhayes 1m1 minute ago
#Tsarnaev juror says war on terror is a "huge drain on our country."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members