Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Jury Trial - discussion *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 11m11 minutes ago
Bill and Denise approach mic. #tsarnaev does not look at them

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 13m13 minutes ago
Bill and Denise Richard (parents of boy Martin who died ): We have no words to express what this day means to us.

Bill Richard: Tsarnaev could have stopped his brother, he could have changed his mind on April 15th w/a "minimal sense" of humanity

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 12m12 minutes ago
Richard: "He chose hate, he chose destruction, he chose death. This is all on him. We chose love...We choose kindness."

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 10m10 minutes ago
#tsarnaev chose hate. Richard family chose love. "This is what makes us different from him," Bill says.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 15m15 minutes ago
Richard: "He could have stopped his brother. He could have changed his mind."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 14m14 minutes ago
Richard: He could have stopped his brother. He could have changed his mind the morning of 4/15/2013 #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 16m16 minutes ago
Richard: "He chose to do nothing."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 16m16 minutes ago
Richard: He chose to do nothing to prevent all of this from happening. And chose to join brother in hate. He chose hate. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 8m8 minutes ago
Prosecutors and #tsarnaev lawyers look to victims. His chair faced that way. His body other direction.

Richard: Until the day he asks for reconciliation, this is all on him.

Richard: We had wanted him to have a lifetime to think about this, but he will have less than that. (ref to his family opposing death pen)

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 15m15 minutes ago
Richard: On day he meets his maker, may he understand what he has done. and my justice and peace be found. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 10m10 minutes ago
Richard family testimony brief & now over. Transit cop Richard Donahue now speaking, hailing Collier & referring to his injuries in Watertn

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 17m17 minutes ago
The Richards step down.
Officer Dic Donohue is next.

Donohue: "My life was changed forever..."

Donohue: Collier was my police academy classmate "and more importantly, a good friend. He was truly a special person."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 18m18 minutes ago
Donohue: Sean Collier was a self less individual, truly special person. #Tsarnaev #Fox2

Donohue: I should have died that night in Watertown, but was miraculously rescued.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 19m19 minutes ago
Donohue: I should have died that morning, but I was kept alive. I was seconds away from leaving this world. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Donohue: I feel pain every minute of every day.

#Tsarnaev does not look at him.

Donohue: I have immense pain, i feel every day. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Donohue: I had to watch my friend Sean's funeral from my hospital bed.
#Tsarnaev

Donohue: "Every day continues to be a challenge."

Donohue: I can't care for my young son as I should, because of my injuries. Every day is a challenge. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 14m14 minutes ago
Donohue: "The defendant did not succeed... I'm still standing here."
#Tsarnaev threw away a chance to make contributions to this country.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 15m15 minutes ago
Donahue: Spent months in hospital &watched Collier's funeral from hosp bed. My body hurt chronically & not fully able to care for my toddler

Donohue: For 72 hours my family was at hospital, didn't know if I would live or die. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 14m14 minutes ago
Donahue: Tsarnaev didn't succeed - despite all he did, I'm still standing here. Tsarnaev threw away hopes in US and is "treason" against US

Donohue: The def didn't succeed in all his actions. I am still standing here. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 18m18 minutes ago
Donohue: "his acts are no less than treason against the U.S. & should be considered as such" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 18m18 minutes ago
Michael Chase is next

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 19m19 minutes ago
Speaking next is Michael Chase who watched the Boston Marathon with friends at the Atlantic Fish Company in 2013 @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 22m22 minutes ago
Chase was watching Marathon on Boylston Street that day...near site of 2nd blast.

Michael Chase (at Atlantic Fish restaurant during Marathon & had concussion) tearfully and haltingly recalls horror of bombg.

Chase remembers when second bomb went off: "smoke, fire & screams filled the air" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Chase gets choked up as he says: "Boylston St. had been turned into Baghdad" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 15m15 minutes ago
Chase breaking down as he describes efforts of bystanders, himself included, to help Jane Richard.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 21m21 minutes ago
Chase cries as he describes the scene on Boylston St., bodies and smoke and chaos. He took of his belt to stop Jane Richard's bleeding.

Chase says he saw a young girl lying in the street (Jane Richard) who needed help. He removed his belt @NECN #Tsarnaev

Chase tells the court about interacting with Richard family that day, consoling Henry, sitting near Martin's body.

Chase talks about trying to help Richard family with their injuries, including help Martin's sister and her torn leg.

Chase goes into trauma victims deal with behind scenes. "I'm never going to get over the images I saw that day on Boylston." #tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 20m20 minutes ago
Chase: The defendant's decision to put that bomb there has impacted my life every day since.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 19m19 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev glances up at Chase for a second, looks away.

Chase holds back tears as he describes sitting with Henry Richard telling him Jane was going to be ok @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 17m17 minutes ago
Chase says he eventually made his way to Denise & Martin Richard. @NECN #Tsarnaev

Chase says if not for the planter he was standing next to that blocked the bomb, he may not be here today @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 16m16 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev looks down, at times rubbing his face. I have yet to see him make eye contact with anyone making impact statements @NECN

Chase said he works at a high school with kids with emotional difficulties, but hard for him since bombing and once had panic attack at work

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 15m15 minutes ago
Chase says the first time he picked up daughter he began crying with memories of Jane Richard @NECN #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 20m20 minutes ago
Chase During a terrorist attack, I left my wife to tend to myself. Chase cries. This is tough. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 14m14 minutes ago
Chase: "I'm never going to get rid of those images from Boylston St." @NECN #Tsarnaev

Chase: I'm never going to get rid of the images of Boylston from that day, but I try. A door slamming can still set me off.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 11m11 minutes ago
Chase suggests he and his wife had had difficulties in their relationship since the bombing and "my mental health has been impacted."

Chase: Acts of terror designed to change us...and ruin our spirit. But this community is strong. I've never felt anything like this.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 14m14 minutes ago
Chase: "acts of terror are designed to scare us...we will not waiver because we are strong." @NECN #Tsarnaev

Chase: I didn't know what I wanted to say if I saw defendant, but don't want to speak to him. Thank you your honor.

Chase: To be honest with you, I don't want to speak to this defendant
He ends by thanking the court

Joseph "JP" Craven is next; he was at the site of the first explosion on Boylston Street.
#Tsarnaev

Craven was 10 feet away from first bomb. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 16m16 minutes ago
Joseph (JP) Craven (age 27) now testifying. He had concussion, head and body injuries with BB's. Calls on good things to come from tragedy

Craven asks for all of us , including #Tsarnaev, to be "a catalyst for change" that our world so needs.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 16m16 minutes ago
Craven also saying #tsarnaev has potential to dissuade others who choose his path.

Craven: I do not know the defendant but "I do hope that he feels remorse for his actions."
#Tsarnaev

Craven: "evil acts make it easier for more evil to fester" but the good following it has ability to affect people even more @NECN #Tsarnaev

Craven: I have tried to relate to Jahar over the past 2 years, but it is hard at times.

Craven: "I've tried my best to relate in any minor way to Dzhokhar throughout this trial, as hard as it was" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Craven: I wholeheartedly believe in the benevolence & goodwill of people. I ask you Jahar to believe that as well.
#Tsarnaev doesn't look up

Craven: "I whole heartedly believe in the benevolence of good people having power over evil" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 17m17 minutes ago
Craven: is speaking about the hope the bombings will lead to better understanding between people. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 17m17 minutes ago
Stephanie Benz (at Forum during bombing) now speaking. #Tsarnaev sits quietly in his chair, rubbing his hands together as he listens

Benz suffered injuries to left hip/leg, chronic pain. Hard on her relationships: "People don't know how to be friends w/a bombing victim"

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 17m17 minutes ago
Stephanie Benz, was at patio at Forum tracking friends. "I had never been so close to the finish line until that day."

"My friend told me not to look around anymore. Don't look around. Just look at me."

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 14m14 minutes ago
"Friendships have changed dramatically because people don't know how to be friends with a bombing victim," Benz said.

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 18m18 minutes ago
Benz recalls the smoke, blood, and pain from that day. Remembers thinking that she was under attack and vulnerable.
#Tsarnaev

Benz: With one shoe hanging on, other missing, I saw purse covered in blood. I couldn't hear. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 21m21 minutes ago
Benz: I could see inside Forum, tried to speak, didn't know if he could hear me. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Benz: Thought we were under attack, and someone was coming. We were unarmed. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Benz: I had no broken bones. Managed to get most of shrapnel removed from my body. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Benz: left side of my body was "frozen" my leg started to atrophy. #Fox25 #Tsarnaev

Benz: my friend told me not to look around, not to look at my own injuries. those with more serious injuries took the ambulances ahead of me

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 21m21 minutes ago
Benz said at the hospital "I simply couldn't believe how many people needed help" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 20m20 minutes ago
Benz says she struggled to remember what happened that day, was in serious pain & kept going to doctor visits @NECN #Tsarnaev

Benz suffered severe damage to her leg; she was covered in shrapnel outside and inside her body. Daily pain.
#Tsarnaev

Benz: 10 mos after bombing, I had surgery on my ankle. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Benz: Life has changed b/c "people don't know how to be friends with a bombing victim, and who can blame them?"

Benz: I jump at loud noises. I find fear creeping in. I stick with idea of hope. #Tsarnaev #Fox25

Henry Borgard, 21, is now speaking, eve tho' not initially a spectator at Marathon, but at Suffolk Univ. Did get to scene & see Martin body

Borgard was a college student walking home to his dorm when bombs went off. He said, "the last two years have been hell" @NECN #Tsarnaev

He is now referring to emotional trauma & flashbacks. "The past two years have been hell & nothing can adequately describe how I feel."

Borgard: "The past two years have been hell. No words could ever do justice to the atrocities that the #Tsarnaev brothers committed."

Borgard was a 21 year old Suffolk U. student walking home from work on marathon day; he happened to walk past as bomb 1 exploded.

Borgard says the last thing he remembers seeing is Martin Richard before the second bomb went off @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I still wake up screaming sometimes from nightmares."
#Tsarnaev

Borgard says he called his mom 3 mins after bombing & all she heard was screaming & the word "bomb" & the line went dead @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I was genuinely afraid that I was going to die." So I called my mom to make sure she knew that I loved her.
#Tsarnaev

Borgard says he called his mom because he thought he was going to die & he wanted to make sure she knew he loved her @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I feel guilty that I'm breathing, that I am here, that I wasn't hurt like the others were" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I want to know why & I was really angry & really resentful...but I'm grateful for having my life today" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Said he dropped out of school after diagnosed with PTSD, and he gets panic attacks/ traumatic reaction when hears loud sounds/sirens

Borgard: I feel guilty that I wasn't more injured than I was; why did I live? I have constant anxiety and flashbacks.

Borgard: "I know how fear feels."

Borgard said he has found a way to forgive the defendant even tho' what he did to me.
"Boston has taught me how to be resilient."

Borgard: "I'm grateful for the fact that Boston has taught me to be resilient." @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 11m11 minutes ago
Borgard said he is now returning to Suffolk Univ after time off and grateful to "random acts of kindness" in his psychological recovery.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 13m13 minutes ago
Borgard has jurors in tears as describes survivor's guilt, how he called mom to make sure she knew he loved her. Thought he would die

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 10m10 minutes ago
"When I say I love you, I mean it, because I know how quickly life can be extinguish," he says.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 7m7 minutes ago
We have heard so much of the stories of the fatal victims, families, but these are untold stories. Of the lasting pain.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 5m5 minutes ago
As Borgard put it, he would take same route home if he had to make decision again. Talks of generosity of strangers.

Borgard: "I'm grateful for the fact that I've found a way to forgive the defendant for what he did to me" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I truly believe that love is & always will be louder" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "if given the option to take another route home that day...I wouldn't" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Borgard: "I have a million questions."
Looks at #Tsarnaev.
"I wanna know why..."

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 15m15 minutes ago
Borgard: "Boston has taught me how to be resilient."
"I have found a way to forgive the defendant despite everything that he did to me."

Next speaker: Elizabeth Bourgault. Watched from finish line that day w/ her husband.
#Tsarnaev

Bourgault: still suffers physical and emotional pain; life is always changed for her.

Elizabeth Borgault, spectator at marathon, now speaking. "The defendant was determined to destroy as many lives as he could."

Bourgault: The defendant doesn't care about the negative impacts on my life; that's why he got out of bed that morning, to injure people.

Bourgault shakes as she reads her statement. #Tsarnaev pulls at his beard, looking away.

She has learned things she never realized before: How much family/friends cared for me when I couldn't function.

Bourgault: "The defendant is a coward in the strongest sense of the word. The defendant will not die for what he did."

ob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 18m18 minutes ago
Bourgault: The defendant does not care about negative impact on my life. He was determined to injure as many as he could. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bourgault: The def is a coward in strongest sense of the word. he will now die for what he did. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bourgault: The defendant's god will not welcome him, he will condemn him for the suffering he caused.

Bourgault: I believe defendant's God will reject him too. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Borgault believes whatever God the defendant believes in will not welcome the defendant..That God will condemn him to eternal sufferg.

Bourgault I am surrounded by love of my family and friends, something def will never again experience. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bourgault: "Not only did he fail to destroy the human spirit on that day but I am surrounded by family & friends" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 7m7 minutes ago
"I've wanted to be strong for my daughters while falling apart myself," she says.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 6m6 minutes ago
The jury forewoman, seated near where she was in trial, wipes tears from her eyes.

Bourgault: I hope he never forgets and is always haunted by the fact that he failed to destroy the human spirit that day.

Carol Downing, Marathon runner, testifying through tears about her two daughters' injuries & extensive months-long hospitalizations

Next speaker: Carol Downing, the mom of two bombing survivors Nicole Gross & Erika Brannick @NECN #Tsarnaev

Carol Downing is next; mother of survivors and sisters Nicole Gross and Erica Brannick. She was running marathon herself.
#Tsarnaev

Downing was running the marathon when she learned her daughters had been in the bombing, she is sobbing as she speaks @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing fights back tears describing her daughters' terrible injuries, including a lost limb, weeks of hospitalization.
#Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 22m22 minutes ago
Downing says she found one daughter at Brigham & Womens & her other daughter was still missing @NECN #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 27m27 minutes ago
Downing: My whole life changed forever. Pure panic overcame, frozen in fear. Son called said can't find sister. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing says police finally found her & told her her other daughter was at Beth Israel, she had lost a leg @NECN #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 26m26 minutes ago
Downing: I got to Brigham to find daughter in surgery. Son had head burns, shrapnel injuries. Erica missing. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing: FBI told me, my daughter Erica lost leg on Boylston, she was at Beth Israel. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 25m25 minutes ago
Downing: This has been an emotional marathon. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev is now in a posture common during the trial: Sitting back in his wooden chair and rubbing at his beard

One daughter had more than 20 surgeries . "I'd have to be strong for my daughters while I was falling apart myself. "

Downing: "I feel like an invisible victim." My daughters were injured as they waited for their mother to cross finish line. She's sobbing.

Downing: "I feel like an invisible victim" @NECN #Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev sits in profile to me; his left eye is damaged, making it hard to tell when he's looking at speakers. But he largely looks away.

Downing says through tears she suffers from overwhelming guilt for having her two daughters come as spectators (of her) at marathon

Downing asks the court to imagine having your children seriously injured while cheering for you at the marathon @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing says her daughter Erika was the last to leave the hospital, then she became her 24/7 caretaker @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing: I dont have energy I once had. I constantly worry about my kids. I see Erica's struggles every day. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing describes 2 years' worth of waiting in doctors' offices, paperwork, medical bills, appointments, total exhaustion.

Downing: "my life has been filled with countless hours of supporting Erika...doctors visits...mental health counseling" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing: "I've had to be strong for my daughters while I was falling apart myself" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing says she has been consumed by guilt "the guilt of placing my daughters at the finish line" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing: I sob at the kitchen table, thinking of guilt I feel for my 2 daughters being at the finish line that day because I was running.

Downing: "I am just now starting to feel the reality of how our lives have been turned upside down forever" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Some jurors are crying again, as Downing weeps at the podium.
#Tsarnaev

Downing also talking about strain in her marriage to a man (who is not her daughters' father) as she is often away tending to them.

Downing said neither daughter has been able to return to work, and she fears for their future livelihoods. One daughter lost one leg.

Downing: My daughters' bodies are covered from torso to feet. They haven't been able to work. Scars line their bodies

ob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 20m20 minutes ago
Downing: It pains me to know Nicole will never be the outstanding athlete she was. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing: my daughters bodies are covered with Scars, severed tendons, skin grafts. She is crying now. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing: "it pains me to know that Nicole will never be the outstanding athlete that she had been" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Downing: I have tried to hide my hurt and sadness from my daughters so they can heal. Some days are just harder. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Downing: "My life has forever changed."
#Tsarnaev

Downing's daughter Erika Brannock is next.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 24m24 minutes ago
Brannock: lost one of her legs at Marathon Finish line. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 24m24 minutes ago
Downing's daughter Erika Brannick is the next speaker, she is sniffling & nearly crying as she begins @NECN #Tsarnaev

One of Downing's daughter - Erica Brannon - now testifying about her above-knee amputation from injuries.

Brannock describes the loss of her left leg, struggling with that and with the loss of bone to her right leg as well.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 23m23 minutes ago
Brannock: To say Im lucky stand on one of my legs is an understatement. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: Amanda North saved my life. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: I came very close to being a double amputee like other people.
#Tsarnaev did that, and changed the life I built for myself.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 19m19 minutes ago
Brannock said she cannot continue as preschool teacher bec. cannot run after them. Had more than 20 surgeries.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 25m25 minutes ago
Brannock: "I am not able to physically teach the age level I treasured so much" because she can't keep up with them @NECN #Tsarnaev

Brannock can no longer work with 2 year olds as she had done before. She's had 21 surgeries, she says.

Brannock: I cant run after my students, my babies, I can't fulfill the duties of a teacher of 2 yr olds. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: I will never be able to run or jog again, and when I have children, I won't be able to play with them that way.

Brannock: I will have to wear brace on right leg for rest of my life. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: When I have my own kids, I won't be able to run and chase them. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: That day will never leave me; I have flashbacks. I had to drop out of my graduate school program.

Brannock That day will never leave me. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 18m18 minutes ago
Brannon: My mental state is significantly different than it was before the bombing. Has panic attacks. Worried about finances ahead.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 22m22 minutes ago
Brannock I will get on with my life. What they did will not break my spirit. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Brannock: What the #Tsarnaevs did will not break my spirit.
She ends.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 28m28 minutes ago
Rebekah Gregory was hugging Erika Brannock, in tears, as listened to mom's story.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 25m25 minutes ago
Jeanne-Marie Parker is next; she was in Forum when 2nd bomb went off.

Parker: my family and I have PTSD, trouble hearing, and emotional problems.

Parker: Was inside the Forum. Suffers perm hearing loss, PTSD, migraines. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 21m21 minutes ago
Jeanne-Marie Parker now speaking. She was w/her 2 daughters at marathon. Her wounds "invisible"& likens to Tsarnaev's aunt who loudly wept

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 20m20 minutes ago
Parker: According to nun, you were remorseful, but I don't see it. I challenge you to express that.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 20m20 minutes ago
Parker mentions #tsarnaev aunt: "I saw you wipe your tears away because you were the cause of her pain." Asks him to magnify it for everyone

Parker: To #Tsarnaev. I know your aunt suffers pain, you caused her emotional trauma and pain long after you are gone. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Parker tells #Tsarnaev: you know what I mean, the way you caused your aunt emotional pain when she tried to testify here.

Parker talks to #Tsarnaev about how he shed tears watching his aunt unable to speak on the stand. He shifts uncomfortably @NECN

Parker: You have caused pain and suffering, a cancer you created that spreads so rapidly.
#Tsarnaev

Parker: Its like a cancer you created. My only hope you take responsibility. Tell the truth. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 19m19 minutes ago
She also challenges him to speak out with a statement of regret. #tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 25m25 minutes ago
Parker challenges #Tsarnaev to express remorse for what he did & tell the court what he allegedly told Sister Prejean @NECN

Parker: I haven't seen or heard indication of remorse.
I challenge you to write that.

Parker: I challenge you to write the impact statement for all the pain and suffering you caused. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 28m28 minutes ago
Scott Weisberg, family physician from Alabama, marathon runner is next. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 25m25 minutes ago
Scott Weisberg, marathon runner and doctor from Virginia,& now suffers from hearing loss &PTSD. Crossed finish line seconds after 1st bomb

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 27m27 minutes ago
Survivor Scott Weisberg is next; he has hearing loss, traumatic brain injury and PTSD. He was finishing his first Boston marathon that day.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 26m26 minutes ago
Weisberg: I crossed the finish line 3 seconds before the 1st explosion.
"My life has changed forever...as a result of that day."
#Tsarnaev

Weisberg said never expected wearing hearing aide in his 40s, and convince fellow medical colleagues that his psyche injuries real

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 29m29 minutes ago
Weisberg: Never thought I'd have to convince others in medical field my injuries are real. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Weisberg: I was main financial supporter of my family. Now my practice is struggling. I can't use stethoscope. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 24m24 minutes ago
He still can't use stethoscope to hear patients' heart beat. His family med practice has diminished, and he is getting divorce.

Weisberg: I am now getting divorce, my spouse doesn't understand. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 21m21 minutes ago
Weinberg, a family physician, can no longer hear body sounds on a stethoscope. #tsarnaev

Weisberg: I have to wear 2 hearing aids, my job as a family physician was impacted by my injuries & PTSD. I can't use a stethoscope anymore

Weisberg: I am now getting a divorce because my wife cannot understand what this has done to me. I live in Alabama, far from other survivors

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 23m23 minutes ago
This doctor exposing how hard going through this marathon trauma. "It's hard going through this process - often alone."

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 23m23 minutes ago
#Tsarnaev scratches the back of his neck, stares around courtroom, looking only briefly at Weisberg, who's speaking right to him at times.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 22m22 minutes ago
Has struggles convincing insurance companies that he has disabilities. "I want people to understand that my injuries are very signific"

Weisberg: Our voices must be heard, our injuries are not going away. We must not be forgotten. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Weisberg: "Our voices must be heard and our injuries are not disappearing." and thanks judge for chance to speak

atricia Wen ‏@globepatty 23m23 minutes ago
Next speaker is Megan Zipin, who was running at Marathon. She speaks of hearing loss and PTSD

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 29m29 minutes ago
Megan Zipin is next; she says it is impossible to put into words what has happened to her and other survivors.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 28m28 minutes ago
Zipin: I have hearing loss and associated trouble processing information and understand things.
#Tsarnaev

Zipin: My ears directly impacted by crime. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 31m31 minutes ago
Zipin: I'll wearing hearing aids forever. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 30m30 minutes ago
Zipin My foot was on the finish line. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 23m23 minutes ago
She begins to cry when thinking of friends who came to watch her at the marathon and were injured her in the blast.

Zipin: my friends who were waiting for me at the finish line were critically injured. I had my foot on finish line when the bomb exploded.

Zipin: Two of my friends were blown up waiting for me. Memory of their suffering is burned in my brain. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

She had a job earning more than $100,000 , but couldn't return to it after the blasts. "I know I will suffer from PTSD forever.

Zipin: I gave up my $100K+/year job after the bombing.
But I won't let this bombing always define me or my marriage or my friends.

Zipin: I will try to remember bombing would have happened, it won't define me. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Zipin: My old career is too complex and fast-paced for me to work in anymore; I am searching for other work.
My marriage is also changed.

Zipin: I know I can't work in business development anymore. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 24m24 minutes ago
"PTSD is a beast I continue to tackle," Meghan Zipin says, describing unseen wounds.

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 23m23 minutes ago
Adds bomb "will not define me." RT @MiltonValencia "PTSD is a beast I continue to tackle," Meghan Zipin says, describing unseen wounds

She said her marriage has been strained due to the trauma. Still, she wants people to know she is also grateful for all given to her

Zipin: I know I'll suffer PTSD forever. My marriage suffered. I will never be who I once was. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Zipin I know I'll miss that Boston 2013 runner girl, she was one of the good ones. Meaghan is crying now. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 29m29 minutes ago
Zipin: "I watched the defendant, he sat there blank, never looking at any of us" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Zipin: I remember to always say thank you now; one day, I hope to be a better mother because of all this.
#Tsarnaev

Zipin: I came for 1st 2 days of trial. Def sat there blank, never looking at us. I am the one alive, he's already dead. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Zipin: "I've alive and the defendant is already dead."

Zipin came at beginning of trial, saw no remorse, but thought: "I'm the one who is alive, and the defendant is already dead.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 24m24 minutes ago
Zipin: This defendant, "he's already dead."
"He'll go back to a cell from now until forever. I'm the one who's alive."

Zipin: He is the one who is dead, I am the one who is alive. She cries as she returns to seat. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 26m26 minutes ago
Johanna Hantel, a runner, is now speaking. #Tsarnaev has so far shown no visible emotion, similar blank look from hearing prev victim testmy

Johanna Hantel is next; she was running the marathon that day. Was 10 feet from 1st bomb.
#Tsarnaev

Hantel: I was 10 feet away from 1st bomb. Is explaining her injuries now. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel I love the Boston Marathon. That was my 13th. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel: Day I first qualified was one of happiest of my life. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel: I can no longer qualify. This has been a nightmare. I am coming to terms with my new normal. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel: I feel if we weren't running, this crime wouldn't occur. I blame myself. I feel it was my fault. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel speaks of her many injuries, including hear loss and trauma. "This trauma and sentencing has not been healing for me"

Hantel suffers from hearing loss, cognitive delay, anxiety, insomnia, depression, vision problems and a long list of maladies.
#Tsarnaev

Hantel: this conviction, sentencing does not bring closure. There is not such thing. Will not bring back the dead. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel: This process of trial has not brought closure, but I have come to peace with Mr. #Tsarnaev

Hantel: If I have to crawl, I'm going to the Marathon. Four angels waiting for me. Good will triumph. God bless city of Boston & USA

Hantel: If I have to crawl, I will keep running Boston every yr. "And there will be 4 angels waiting along Boylston St. for me to finish."

Hantel I have come to peace w/ Mr. #Tsarnaev.. 4 angels will help me finish next time. #fox25

Hantel: "I feel sorry for you, Mr. #Tsarnaev."
I'm so very proud to be an American, I know our legal system works.

Hantel: God bless the city of Boston, and the United States of America. Our legal system works. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Hantel statement now over, and court is now in a brief recess

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 22m22 minutes ago
Judge taking quick break. #tsarnaev handcuffed at defense table, a new protocol.

Judge calls for 10-minute recess; #Tsarnaev is led out of court.

One way today's survivors' testimony differs from trial's is more on "invisible" injuries, includg emotional scars & impact on relationships

#Tsarnaev back in court & huddled w/def attorneys, Clarke, Conrad and Bruck. Tho' legal experts predict no, still question if he will speak

#Tsarnaev has option to address the court today, without fear (as in trial) that his statements could be cross-examined by gov't.

#Tsarnaev returns to court, cuffs removed again. He rubs his hands together, sits and talks w/ Miriam Conrad.

#tsarnaev brought back into courtroom, in handcuffs.

So far, 17 survivors/family members have given their impact statement. Likely about another 10 more will do so.
#Tsarnaev

#Tsarnaev's lawyers are huddled around him as he expressively talks to them, gesturing with his hands.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 13m13 minutes ago
Judge returns; next speaker is Jennifer Joyce Maybury, Jeff Bauman's aunt.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 9m9 minutes ago
Judge has returned to courtroom, and next speaker is Jennifer Maybury, Jeff Bauman's aunt. She recalled Bauman's pix, his holding raw leg

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 16m16 minutes ago
Jennifer Joyce Maybury, Jeff Bauman's aunt. is next. Talking about seeing his picture at finish line. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Maybury: I remember seeing my nephew's legs destroyed, bare flesh and bone. I can't get that image out of my mind.

Maybury: It was the worst hell anyone could imagine. Ive watched Jeffrey undergo countless medical procedures and therapy. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Maybury: Not just Jeffrey impacted. Has caused severe stress and trauma in our whole family. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Jeff Bauman aunt Jennifer Joyce Maybury speaking of ripple affect on whole family.

Mayberry: "That day changed the course of an entire family" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Maybury: My nephew Jeffrey Bauman has had to endure such pain and stress, as has our whole family.
#Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 14m14 minutes ago
Maybury: The fear and anxiety never leaves you. I am unable to fully talk about what happened to Jeff. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Maybury: I had to take anxiety and sleeping pills. "The fear and anxiety never leaves you. It provokes such pain."

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 7m7 minutes ago
Maybury took off three months of work to help Bauman and his mother to help with all his treatment & needs. Maybury suffers from anxiety

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 7m7 minutes ago
Maybury talks about the trauma to her nephew's life: "Will he ever be the same? Will our family?"

Mayberry: "When will the pain end for him? Why did this have to happen to him?" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 12m12 minutes ago
Maybury: "When will the pain end for him?"
This is a tragedy you caused, she says, looking at #Tsarnaev.

Maybury: This is a tragedy you caused my nephew, Jeffrey. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 4m4 minutes ago
#tsarnaev surrounded by three lawyers looking at victim mic. He is looking away.

Next: Jennifer Kauffman.
My life has been completely altered because of the defendant and his brother.
#Tsarnaev

Kauffman: That was 1st time attending the Boston Marathon. I was at finish line with a friend, waiting for her son. Feet away from Krystle.

Kauffman: It was my first time attending Boston MArathon. I remember the runners inspired me. Electrifying. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 26m26 minutes ago
Kauffman was waiting for a friend to finish running the marathon, was standing near Krystle Campbell @NECN #Tsarnaev

Kauffman; Was a few feet away from Krystle Campbell. The loud cheers turned to silence to pandemonium. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: Words cannot describe impact this has had on my life. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Next speaker is Marathon spectator, Kauffman & "horrifying" scene she observed. She suffered abdominal & leg injuries, hearing loss, PTSD.

Kauffman: "People were crying and screaming for help. It was absolutely horrifying."
#Tsarnaev

Kauffman: Suffered internal injuries, neck and back injuries. unable to walk for months. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 27m27 minutes ago
Kauffman suffered an abdominal injury, neck & back injuries in the bombing @NECN #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: I suffered massive internal injuries, neck and back injuries, heart arrhythmia, hearing loss.

Kauffman: I've suffered nerve damage, hearing loss. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: I suffer from PTSD; I used to be active and athletic -- no more. My old "fun" life is gone. Pain every day

Kauffman: "I have not been able to resume any of my normal activities on a regular basis" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Kauffman Ive been diagnosed with PTSD. I was active athletic person. Now my physical fitness level is below normal. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: There's no one day I haven't experienced pain in my body. I get fatigued easily. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: "I have been forced to alter my life...profound sadness & crying out of the blue" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: "I am no longer the person I once was & I think that scares people" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: "I have not been able to trust people as I once did."

Kauffman: I was happy fit business woman, now I can't trust people. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman now talking re: impact on her job and "afraid to sleep" and suffers nightmares. Court proceedings triggered more nightmares.

Kauffman: In beg, I was afraid to sleep, b/c of recurring nightmares of the bombings. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: "I was literally afraid to sleep" because of my terrible nightmares. This trial brought all that back. I have flashbacks often.

Kauffman I often exp. flashbacks, unexpected triggers that bring it back. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: I have lost friends, family who can't understand me.
"I'm no longer the person that I once was and I think that scares people."

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 22m22 minutes ago
Kauffman: On outside I look normal, on inside, I'm still dealing with it. I have lost friends. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman: I'm no longer able to work a 40-hour workweek. I have tremendous out of pocket medical bills; $50K+ so far.
#Tsarnaev

Kauffman: I may appear fine, but not fine inside. Relationships altered. Lost friends. I didn't lose limb so people don't understand my loss

Kauffman: My life has been completely changed. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Kauffman, like others, talk about difficulty resuming their "normal" life, incl full-time work. "My life has been completely changed."

Kauffman: "I forgive you and your brother for the harm and terror that you caused me."

Kauffman: "I forgive you & your brother for the harm & terror you caused me, my family & loved ones" @NECN #Tsarnaev

atricia Wen ‏@globepatty 12m12 minutes ago
Still, Kauffman says, "I forgive you and your brother" of what you did -- and urges him to drop his appeals so survivors can move on.

Kauffman: I hope you're brave enough to drop your appeals.
#Tsarnaev

Kauffman: My hope & desire is someday soon you'll be brave enough to take responsibility & waive your appeals @NECN #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 11m11 minutes ago
Jurors look to #tsarnaev to see if he looks when victims address him. He does not.

Kauffman I hope you will take 100 percent responsibility and one day waive your appeals. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Next speaker is Annette Emerson who was also injured in the bombings @NECN #Tsarnaev

Another survivor, Ms. Emerson from Maine, speaking. She refers to needing treatment not covered by insurance.

Emerson: I used to enjoy fireworks, now they haunt me. I suffer PTSD. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Annette Emerson is next; she was at the finish line. She's lost her hearing, her sense of security and her way of life, she says.

Emerson: I have trouble speaking, thinking; I have PTSD and my whole personality has shifted.

#Tsarnaev has his head down, perhaps looking at his hands on his lap.

Emerson: I refuse to give up. If I give up the defendant wins. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Emerson: I am scared in crowds, but I refuse to give up.
"If I give up, the defendant wins."

Emerson: I must let the anger go. This did not break me; it has made me stronger, but I have a huge financial burden of medical bills.

Emerson (from Maine) has to come to Boston for treatments.

Emerson: I have learned I have to let the anger go. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Next speaker is Ed Fucarile & his wife, parents of amputee Marc Fucarile @NECN #Tsarnaev

Ed Fucarile (father of Mark, an amputee) is now speaking. Addressing #Tsarnaev, "You don't seem to be smirking today."

Ed Fucarile is next speaker; survivor Marc Fucarile's father.

Fucarile: First time I saw you in this courtroom, you were smirking. At all of us. Not today. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Ed Fucarile addresses #tsarnaev most personal, saying, "you don't seem to be smirking today." #tsarnaev keeps looking away.

Fucarile looks at #Tsarnaev: The first time I saw you in court, you were smirking. "You don't seem to be smirking today."

Fucarile: You took Marc's leg, but you haven't broken his spirit.

Fucarile: "Your sentence should be as severe as possible." Want to thank the jury "for a job well done."

Fucarile: "Your sentence today should be as severe as possible. In the end, you have failed." We are stronger now, he says.

Fucarile: Your sentence should be as severe as possible. In the end you failed. As a city & country, weve become stronger. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 26m26 minutes ago
Fucarile: "In the end you have failed...as a city we have only become stronger" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Liz Norden (whose two sons, JP and Paul, each lost a leg) is speaking now. Her voice shaky. "We've been through hell and back"

Liz Norden is next, mom of JP and Paul (who each lost right legs in 2nd bomb).

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 37m37 minutes ago
Next speaker is Liz Norden, who begins crying as she talks about her son's Paul & JP who both lost a leg @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 36m36 minutes ago
Norden: no punishment will ever take back what this defendant took...from my boys @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 35m35 minutes ago
Prosecutor Nadine Pellegrini holds Norden's hand as she cries while telling her emotional story @NECN #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 32m32 minutes ago
Norden: There are no winners here. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: My son's lives were literally destroyed within seconds.

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 30m30 minutes ago
Norden: There are no winners on either side; we have to continue to put this tragic act behind us.
#Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 32m32 minutes ago
Norden: Is thanking the judge, the first responders. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: Who could harbor so much hate to do this? i still don't understand the motive of these cowards. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: My sons are doing well. They recognize what was taken from them. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 35m35 minutes ago
Norden: "my two sons are doing remarkably well..in some strange way they have become stronger" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 27m27 minutes ago
Norden: The lives of my children were "literally destroyed." "We have to work to put this hateful act behind us."

Norden: They have said they won't let marathon define their lives. "Nothing will ever return our lives" to normal.

Norden: No sentence can give us our old lives back; but we thank this court and the prosecutors who did so much.

Norden said she wants to thank judge and others, including strangers. if there's any "silver lining" it's the many who reached out to us.

Norden: so many kind strangers have also come to help out family and we are forever grateful.
#Tsarnaev

Norden: "I still can't understand how these two cowards" would put down bombs and hurt innocent people.

Norden: But I have asked myself, who can cause this much pain, be so removed from compassion and kindness? I still don't know.

Norden: My sons are doing remarkably well and they will continue to try to make things better.

Norden cries as she describes the phone call from the finish line describing her sons' injuries.

Norden: I remember the phone call, as my son called me from Boylston, telling me he couldnt find his brother and g/f #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 34m34 minutes ago
Norden describes the pain as her son Paul called her from the street telling her he couldn't find his brother or girlfriend @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 34m34 minutes ago
Norden: "at times we didn't know what was happening from one hour to the next" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 32m32 minutes ago
Norden: "the bombs have also changed the lives of my entire family & friends" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Norden:Recalls getting the phone call on 4/15/13 when one of her sons called to say he'd been injured. Rushed to hospital. She wipes tears

Liz Norden has prepared a lengthy statement, which she is quickly reading through. Her voice is shaking. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: My sons each lost a leg, each suffered burn injuries over 50 percent of their bodies. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: We will never be the same again. I can't describe the fear the bomber has caused us. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

She is now recounting how her two sons went to diff hospitals - Paul at BI, and JP at Brigham. They each lost leg, body burns & hearing loss

Each of them carry foreign objects in their body. Both sons gone thru dozens of surgeries, &"changed life of entire family and friends"

Norden: My sons are reminded of #Tsarnaev's cowardly acts whenever they feel the pain of the shrapnel still trapped inside their bodies.

Norden: As my sons recovered, I had to choose which one I would be with on any given day; it was a terrible choice.

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 31m31 minutes ago
Norden:"I had to do what I hope & pray no parent ever has to do" choosing which son to be with during surgeries at same time @NECN #Tsarnaev

Norden: I had to chose which son to spend time with, when they were at different hospitals. Ive felt guilt over that. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Refer to her sons as "trade guys" - know how to handle things - and they don't want to expose anguish/pain.

Norden: My sons dont want ppl to see their struggles. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Norden: We truly have lost so much on April 15, 2013. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

She said she also realizes other families "lost even more," and she is grateful her two sons are alive.

Norden: we cry every day; things we used to take for granted are now very difficult. But I know I am lucky to have my sons here with me.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 19m19 minutes ago
Still, she worries constantly and sees everyday their prosthetic legs, and reminder of the bombing.

Norden: "I worry every single day about my boys" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Norden: "We find strength in knowing justice has been served" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Norden: "I question God every day: why?"

Norden: The heartache never goes away. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 30m30 minutes ago
Norden: "I can only hope the pain lessens as time subsides" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 29m29 minutes ago
Next speaker is survivor Heather Abbott, an amputee. She thanks jury for their work. "I didn't care much what happened to the defendant"

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 32m32 minutes ago
Abbott: I didn't care much about #Tsarnaev, whether he died in prison or by lethal injection - as long as he can't hurt anyone else.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 34m34 minutes ago
Abbott: I didn't care what happened to def, life or death. He can never harm anyone else. That matters. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Jim Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 31m31 minutes ago
Abbott is an amputee; she begins by thanking the court and prosecutors and jury.
#Tsarnaev

im Armstrong ‏@JimArmstrongWBZ 33m33 minutes ago
Abbott tells jurors: I don't envy your choice to put someone to death. But the #Tsarnaev brothers did the same thing.

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 28m28 minutes ago
Abbott: "I care about what lies ahead for me and others" By taking away my leg, he has changed my independence & uncertainty ahead

Abbott: "By taking away my leg, he has reduced by level of independence."
#Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 33m33 minutes ago
Abbott: He altered my appearance, I live with constant nerve pain, sleepless nights. And likelihood I'll be in wheelchair. #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Abbott: #Tsarnaev has caused me huge financial burdens; prosthetic legs can cost $75,000 each and need to be replaced every few years.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 34m34 minutes ago
Abbott: I require five prosthetic legs, each costs up to 75k each. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 39m39 minutes ago
Abbott: "I require 5 prosthetic legs to even come close to regaining the life I once had" @NECN #Tsarnaev

Abbott: I can never go for a fun again, or feel the sand between my ten toes at the beach I used to love in my seaside home in Newport RI.

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 36m36 minutes ago
Abbott: I wont feel sand between 10 toes at the beach I used to love. Heather lives in NEwport, RI #FOX25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 36m36 minutes ago
Abbott: I feel I've aged 40 years over the last two. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Bob Ward Fox25 ‏@Bward3 35m35 minutes ago
Abbott: I wonder if he thinks our stories are success stories to him. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Abbott: The more I talk about my pain, I wonder if that makes #Tsarnaev happy, are they his "success stories"?

Abbott: But even though he caused so much pain, there was a lot of love in the city of Boston that came out afterwards.
#Tsarnaev

Abbott: His dark dismal existence wouldn't allow him to see the love in Boston that day. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Alysha Palumbo ‏@AlyshaNECN 37m37 minutes ago
Abbott: "He didn't anticipate the outpouring of love & support" following the bombing @NECN #Tsarnaev

Abbott; His focus on hate, blinded him to the love that exists in America. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Abbott: "#Tsarnaev has also taken away his own freedoms."
He robbed himself and his young life.

Abbott: He may he not have remorse for what he did for us, maybe he does for what he robbed of himself. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 29m29 minutes ago
In her home in Newport, RI, she is forever known as the woman who lost a leg in the Boston marathon bombing

Patricia Wen ‏@globepatty 28m28 minutes ago
Abbott noted Tsarnaev, after bombing, tweeted "ain't no love in the heart of the city" Abbott: He couldn't have been more wrong.

Abbott: "I would like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to know that he did not break me."

Abbott: "I would like Dzhokhar #Tsarnaev to know that he did not break me."

Abbott I would like #tsarnaev to know he did not break me. The memory of the dead will be kept alive. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 27m27 minutes ago
A juror, the fashion worker, wiped a tear as Heather Abbot thanks them for their service. #tsarnaev

Milton Valencia ‏@MiltonValencia 25m25 minutes ago
"His dark, dismal existence wouldn't allow him to see the love in the city," Abbot says, referring to #tsarnaev tweet

Abbott; His memory will fade. But Boston strong, American spirit lives on. #fox25 #Tsarnaev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288