Eagles Fan Honors Mother's Dying Wish

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Casshew, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

A 44-year-old man was arrested last night for running onto the field during the Eagles-Packers game, but he said it was worth it. Fans and players alike watched as the man ran down the middle of the field while scattering his mother's ashes.

The woman died in January and the man was honoring her last wish. He said she was a lifelong Eagles fan.

After the man dumped the ashes, he laid down and did not resist arrest. He was charged with defiant trespass.

http://wtopnews.com/index.php?sid=633054&nid=104

2. Loading...

3. Jeana (DP)

Jeana (DP) Former Member

I can appreciate him wanting to do this for his mother, but I think its pretty stupid. Had I been in the stands, I don't think I would have appreciated some idiot running down the field spraying a white powdery substance into my air space.

4. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Sorry Cass. I didn't see this post when I posted this in Bizarre.
    I admire the guy's dedication to his mother, but really. Spreading her ashes on the fifty yard line, in the middle of a game is a bit much.

5. T'sNana

T'sNana Nana Extraordinaire

What's to interrupt? They've been playing as bad as "our" Rams have!! :D :truce:

6. Rachael

Rachael Team Rachael

My husband and son were at that game. And I agree the Eagles really stink this year.

7. T'sNana

T'sNana Nana Extraordinaire

My best friend, her husband and son are Eagles fans. We always root for eacah others' teams when ours are not in the playoffs (not happening lately) and they are so fed up with them this year too. Needless to say, we are fed up with the Rams...they really bite and have for the past few years. :(

8. Paradise

Paradise Member

I was disappointed that the Eagles pretty much sucked this season but on the bright side, my fiance pointed out that all of the popular players will be in the game on 1/1...I guess that helps a little.

9. SpongeBathHotPants

SpongeBathHotPants Verified insider - Kenneth Coakley case

I think it was sweet and he is a loving son to do it. I mean, in the world these days when someone does something for someone else with no gain I always smile, how can you not?

10. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

I agree SpongeBath :)