Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

Parole Agent, System Under Microscope
POSTED: 2:29 pm PDT September 28, 2009
UPDATED: 3:03 pm PDT September 28, 2009
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The state Office of the Inspector General is conducting an independent investigation into how the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation handled Phillip Garrido's parole supervision, KCRA 3 has learned.
<snipped>
"A child that could be held kidnapped and held for that many years under parole supervision of our state, and then not pick up on the fact that there were juveniles in the house and so on, that's why we're looking at it," Shaw said. "And also to prevent something like this from happening again." http://www.kcra.com/news/21141220/detail.html

About time!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

John and Ken (on KFI radio, Los Angeles) had an interesting idea... (if this has been said in this thread before, please forgive the repeat) What if the parole office DID see Jaycee and/or the girls, and *didn't* pick up on it? Since they aren't making any statements about how often he visited, etc, it may be because at some point he ran across them, and bought whatever story Garrido was telling him.

My thought:

What might Garrido have told the PO? Visiting cousins? Just an employee with her two out-of-wedlock daughters? If the parole officer had grown complacent over the years, he may not have been suspicious enough. Then, when Garrido was dragging the girls around at Berkeley and the parole officer found out, he knew that the story wasn't true and that's why Garrido had to bring the whole group in.

John and Ken (on KFI radio, Los Angeles) had an interesting idea... (if this has been said in this thread before, please forgive the repeat) What if the parole office DID see Jaycee and/or the girls, and *didn't* pick up on it? Since they aren't making any statements about how often he visited, etc, it may be because at some point he ran across them, and bought whatever story Garrido was telling him.

My thought:

What might Garrido have told the PO? Visiting cousins? Just an employee with her two out-of-wedlock daughters? If the parole officer had grown complacent over the years, he may not have been suspicious enough. Then, when Garrido was dragging the girls around at Berkeley and the parole officer found out, he knew that the story wasn't true and that's why Garrido had to bring the whole group in.

what about when he was told garrido had kids and he allegedly said "he doesnt have any kids, they must be his grandkids???" OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG if that is true this guy needs to not only be fired and possibly prosecuted, he needs to go to remedial sex ed class as community service........:banghead:

what about when he was told garrido had kids and he allegedly said "he doesnt have any kids, they must be his grandkids???" OMFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG if that is true this guy needs to not only be fired and possibly prosecuted, he needs to go to remedial sex ed class as community service........:banghead:

Thats the response from someone who just heard something completely unexpected and is temporarily confused by it. It's normal, people do and say stuff like that all the time in situations like that. It doesn't mean that he thinks grandchildren pop out of thin air, like you seem to believe. Plus, of course, this is someone else's recollection, he may not have said that at all.

Btw, why do you end every second post with the headbang icon? Unresolved anger issues?

Thats the response from someone who just heard something completely unexpected and is temporarily confused by it. It's normal, people do and say stuff like that all the time in situations like that. It doesn't mean that he thinks grandchildren pop out of thin air, like you seem to believe. Plus, of course, this is someone else's recollection, he may not have said that at all.

Btw, why do you end every second post with the headbang icon? Unresolved anger issues?

i see so he's not stupid about sex he's just stupid period
i bang my head repeatedly cause of the nonsense coming out of this case.

It is definitely about time! I was just about to say, I can't believe that in this economy with so many qualified people out of work and able to replace some of these idiots that they still have a job. :twocents:

Parole Agent, System Under Microscope
POSTED: 2:29 pm PDT September 28, 2009
UPDATED: 3:03 pm PDT September 28, 2009
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The state Office of the Inspector General is conducting an independent investigation into how the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation handled Phillip Garrido's parole supervision, KCRA 3 has learned.
<snipped>
"A child that could be held kidnapped and held for that many years under parole supervision of our state, and then not pick up on the fact that there were juveniles in the house and so on, that's why we're looking at it," Shaw said. "And also to prevent something like this from happening again." http://www.kcra.com/news/21141220/detail.html

About time!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

It is definitely about time! I was just about to say, I can't believe that in this economy with so many qualified people out of work and able to replace some of these idiots that they still have a job. :twocents:

does the judge know about this? i mean he went out of his way to kiss the po's butt at the bail hearing :furious:

Well did I hear that JC confessed who she was and then PG admitted to what he had done to the PO after he asked who the extra people where? If that is the case we are lucky that PG made a bad judgement and JC made a good one. Just imagine if these two things hadnt happened..... And the answer to the PO question was a elaborate lie..if they made up anything..something that sounded convincing.... Raise your hand if you think he would have continued to beat the system. :hand:

I just listened to an interview with the inspector general. His name is Shaw. he said within 30 days they will post the entire report and findings on the their website and release it to the governor all at the same time.
He said they will post everything they find, the good, the bad and the ugly.
But, they will not release the names of the multiple parole officers involved.
He said if the DOC wants to release them they can, but the Inspector General's office cannot.
It was a good interview I will post when it is up in a podcast.
it will be here:
http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/podcasting/
under john and Ken 4pm hour 9/29

Posted: 7:54 am PDT September 30, 2009
SACRAMENTO -- Jaycee Dugard's alleged kidnappers went undetected for 18 years, a spokeswoman for California's inspector general said, and the office plans an investigation of the state's parole system "so that nothing like this happens again."
<snipped>
Phillip Garrido was monitored by five or six parole agents during the 10 years he was under California's control as a convicted rapist, said Laura Hill, spokeswoman for Inspector General David Shaw. He previously was under federal parole supervision for eight years. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/21159143/detail.html

Well did I hear that JC confessed who she was and then PG admitted to what he had done to the PO after he asked who the extra people where? If that is the case we are lucky that PG made a bad judgement and JC made a good one. Just imagine if these two things hadnt happened..... And the answer to the PO question was a elaborate lie..if they made up anything..something that sounded convincing.... Raise your hand if you think he would have continued to beat the system. :hand:

i think he went there with the intent of coming up with a fascinating story the PO would believe. i think they seperated jaycee first and got the story from her then confronted him. i dont see this blurting it out.

Posted: 7:54 am PDT September 30, 2009
SACRAMENTO -- Jaycee Dugard's alleged kidnappers went undetected for 18 years, a spokeswoman for California's inspector general said, and the office plans an investigation of the state's parole system "so that nothing like this happens again."
<snipped>
Phillip Garrido was monitored by five or six parole agents during the 10 years he was under California's control as a convicted rapist, said Laura Hill, spokeswoman for Inspector General David Shaw. He previously was under federal parole supervision for eight years. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/21159143/detail.html

5 or 6 parole agents? i guess i blamed mr santos unfairlly. seems there's no shortage of idiots in that deparment

Well i could see one guy being incompetent and not seeing anything, but 6 different guys failing to do the same job says either they cant get good help or they on a regular basis don't check these people out like we think they are, so really if there not checking them out what are they doing? They arent talking to LE who isnt talking to the people who made complaints etc etc etc. :furious:

Well i could see one guy being incompetent and not seeing anything, but 6 different guys failing to do the same job says either they cant get good help or they on a regular basis don't check these people out like we think they are, so really if there not checking them out what are they doing? They arent talking to LE who isnt talking to the people who made complaints etc etc etc. :furious:

at least this agency is doing internal investigations. we already know that the keystone cops who blew it year years ago are off the hook and there punishment is 'they have to live with it" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
also no fbi investigation into why they focused almost soley on carl (and secondarily on slayton). i did read the nov 1991 article that said that the local police cleared carl, but never heard or read anything from the fbi, then or now, least of all an apology for 1) letting jaycee's kidnappers get away with this for 18 years and 2) making carl look like a monster.

6 different people NOT CLUEING IN indicates either a corrupt system or one that just has no interest in serving its actual function.

This case and it's horrific outcome should lead to MAJOR changes in the bureaucratic handling of guilty (and released offenders - of ANY crime) or to the appropriate handling of individuals who fail to serve their job functios!

MOO

I'd like to add that I believe that the six (6) - ISTHATCORRECT - individuals involved with Garrido's "parole" should all be held under the same scrutiny as he has been! They have/had extremely important roles in protecting society and ensuring that the individual "under their care" was obeying the law.

Ararar.

I have no idea who they are...But surely, they're cowering under beadsheets somewhere knowing that they failed abysmally. FAIL to all of them.

Disgraceful.

MOO

It is important to understand that the inspector general's department is specifically to provide transparency to the public as it relates to the DOC. Shaw is an appointed official not elected. This a very powerful agency and they can get anything they want with regards to this investigation. Statutes say if they want any kind of information, the DOC is obliged to give it to them. They don't have to be popular or keep any group happy except the public. This IS their function. Statutes do not allow them to release individual names though.

I think this is going to be a very productive investigation.

here is where the report will be posted at about the end of the month. Shaw said that everyone will get it at the same time. that means Arnold will be reading it at the same time we are:

http://www.oig.ca.gov/

It is important to understand that the inspector general's department is specifically to provide transparency to the public as it relates to the DOC. Shaw is an appointed official not elected. This a very powerful agency and they can get anything they want with regards to this investigation. Statutes say if they want any kind of information, the DOC is obliged to give it to them. They don't have to be popular or keep any group happy except the public. This IS their function. Statutes do not allow them to release individual names though.

I think this is going to be a very productive investigation.

here is where the report will be posted at about the end of the month. Shaw said that everyone will get it at the same time. that means Arnold will be reading it at the same time we are:

http://www.oig.ca.gov/

thanks. the fact there investigating is a step up from the other incompetent agencies with a role in this mess

I'd like to add that I believe that the six (6) - ISTHATCORRECT - individuals involved with Garrido's "parole" should all be held under the same scrutiny as he has been! They have/had extremely important roles in protecting society and ensuring that the individual "under their care" was obeying the law.

Ararar.

I have no idea who they are...But surely, they're cowering under beadsheets somewhere knowing that they failed abysmally. FAIL to all of them.

Disgraceful.

MOO

to try to be hip i will say
EPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
LOL

they are hardly the only LE agency that failed though

Bumping this thread for my2sisters!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online