East Coast flooding: Tropical Storm Lee

Discussion in 'Weather' started by belimom, Sep 8, 2011.

1. belimom

belimom Our lives begin to end the day we become silent ab

Whoa. We're in the Mid-Atlantic and it is really flooding out there... Raining nonstop for almost three days now. Schools are closed tomorrow, DH saw a small car floating away on his way home tonight, I-95 has been shut down near our home (the Woodrow Wilson Bridge) due to flooding on I-495 in Virginia.

2. Loading...

3. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Belimom you make sure you and DH are taking care of yourself and family and staying safe and dry ! That is disturbing about the little car, I bet your DH was alittle beside himself when he saw it.
    Prayers for you ,
    Mystic

4. belimom

Thank you, Mystic... Yes, he was shaken up - he called up and was quite distressed, couldn't stop talking about it.

Sure are a lot of natural disasters/situations going on.

5. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Haven't been able to reach my Mom in Nutley, NJ...she emailed me a few days ago, saying she was all right, "no real property damage", but I haven't been able to catch up with her since.

Anyone know anything about Essex County, Nutley, NJ? Kinda worried. Not too terribly so, but...well...you know.

Best-
    Herding Cats

6. belimom

HC... I'm sure she's probably fine. The flooding does extend up that far, though. Is there anyone else you know that you can call?

Here's some pics that include a lot where we are and some in PA and NJ:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/flash-flooding-swamps-alexandria-east-coast/

7. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Just heard from Delaware friend and she got nine inches of rain and thus flooding (in Seaford) yesterday.

8. coopzoo

coopzoo Whoever is trying to bring you down is already bel

Had lots of flooding with evacuations and some serious damage here in PA. Sister lost her home, as did a close friend. Praying for all who are affected.

9. daisy7

daisy7 Retired WS Staff

We had Lee here for 3 days and it was almost nonstop rain. We had a lot of flooding, but no where near what you guys are having up there (after having Irene).

I grew up in Fairfax County and it's so weird to read about the roads that are closed from flooding, especially the bridge and the Beltway.

Please stay safe, everyone!! :blowkiss:

10. Herding Cats

Herding Cats New Member

Spoke to Mom, she's fine (of course she is...I'm a worrywart, I suppose...), but is having some difficulty getting around.

Still, prayers and thoughts for all those affected by this insane amount of water...

Best-
    Herding Cats