EB Blames AB For What Happened

There appeared to be a discrepancy. We have this quote from an article dated 10/21:

After the hearing [October 20], Adam Baker was at the family's Hickory house removing belongings. He told the Observer he hasn't spoken with his wife since she was arrested last week.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...calls-give-parents-version.html#ixzz14cse3Gk4

Which seems to contradict the report in the quote from the article dated PRIOR to that (written 10/18, updated morning of 10/20):

While Elisa Baker awaits her court appearance for obstructing justice, jail records show she has had three visitors, including a daughter, a man who appears to be a son-in-law and Adam Baker.
http://www.wcnc.com/home/Investigat...s-in-Zahra-Baker-disappearance-105200489.html

In other words, the "jail records" showed him as a visitor BEFORE he stated that he had not spoken with her since her arrest.

So, either he was lying or the jail records did mean that he actually spoke with her when he signed in for that visit.

Yup, I recall one MSM report saying one thing and the other MSN saying something else. :crazy:

ETA: The only proof to resolve this is seeing the jailhouse records.

"The woman said that Elisa Baker "cared for that little girl deeply" and had taken a polygraph."

I think it is an understatement to say that EB's behavior, both before and after Zahra's disappearance, has not been congruent with caring even moderately for "that little girl" (shades of Casey Anthony there).

"...she cried over missing Zahra and how her husband has left her to take all the blame for what has happened when he played a big part in this terrible situation"

Two things jump out at me.

1) She cried over missing Zahra AND how her husband has left her to take the blame? It bothers me how these two are put together into one sentence--that her crying covered both things. I wonder what percentage of tears were allocated to each issue?

2) The wording "her husband has left her to take all the blame for what has happened when he played a big part in this terrible situation" so very obviously implies that they were BOTH involved, and she expected that they would BOTH take the blame. On top of that, AB is assigned only "a big part", not even MOST, of the responsibility.

Oh, it's just so disgusting.

JMO
MOO

None of it makes sense really. Take the blame for what? What exactly is the "terrible situation"?

I honestly don't know how anyone can sit and have a conversation with someone over something so serious and just let questions like that hang. I would drive me insane I'm sure.

Don't most inmates have visits with family on the agreement that nothing about the reason for their incarceration will be discussed? Don't they usually just sit and make small talk about things not relating to why the person is on the other side of a glass partition?

Not that it isn't great that she's doing this, if she is, but EB's lawyers must cringe when they see that someone is coming to visit her. Or is this the first outside visit she's had from people other than her lawyers and that PI person. What's his purpose in this?

We have yet to discuss the comment that she is bipolar. Is there a confirmed diagnosis for that and does she take medication or is that something else she threw at the cousin to put out there in the mix? :waitasec:

MOO

Yup, I recall one MSM report saying one thing and the other MSN saying something else. :crazy:

ETA: The only proof to resolve this is seeing the jailhouse records.

From my understanding, the press did not and could not see "jail records". I believe it was claimed that they saw a "visitor's list" with those three names on it. They jumped to the conclusion that the three of them actually got in to see EB. Just because you put your name on a visitor list to request to see an inmate, does not mean that you are going to get in for that visit.

Interesting that AF and AB did want to see her right away after she was arrested, but more interesting that at least AB is claiming he did not get in for that visit. I've always wondered whether the three of them did get in and if not why?

MOO

From my understanding, the press did not and could not see "jail records". I believe it was claimed that they saw a "visitor's list" with those three names on it. They jumped to the conclusion that the three of them actually got in to see EB. Just because you put your name on a visitor list to request to see an inmate, does not mean that you are going to get in for that visit.

Interesting that AF and AB did want to see her right away after she was arrested, but more interesting that at least AB is claiming he did not get in for that visit. I've always wondered whether the three of them did get in and if not why?

MOO

Exactly--he *may* have arrived at the jail but not been able to see her.

MOO

My mistake using "jailhouse records" instead of "visitors list", I was just thinking that the "vistors list" would be part of the "jailhouse records". :crazy:

My mistake using "jailhouse records" instead of "visitors list", I was just thinking that the "vistors list" would be part of the "jailhouse records". :crazy:

Well, the article, itself, referred to them as "jail records".

Well yes I suppose it would be part of the jailhouse records but there is likely two separate lists, one being a request to visit and another a signed confirmation that the person(s) actually did get in to visit.

Perhaps a member or members of the media also requested to get in to visit and that's how they saw the other names on the list?

MOO

Exactly--he *may* have arrived at the jail but not been able to see her.

I believe that may be the case also; he's on the visitor's list but didn't actually visit. MOO

I sure wish they had the Sunshine law in NC *sigh*

BBM

Deleted because today teh is having trouble getting thoughts through to fingers without sounding crotchety. lol.

Teh you werent getting anymore crotchety than I was. My hubby always tells everyone not to argue with me cause I always think im right! LOL :blowkiss:

I do not believe that AB knew nothing at all about what was going on in that house. Hubby and I live in a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home that is not much bigger than the Hickory home. There is no way in the world that a child could be abused and no one else in the house hear it.

I also have an issue with AB working so many long hours that he didn't know. Again, hubby has to work 12 hour shifts at times and he always calls to at least talk to our daughters before they go to bed. This to me just seems like one more way of giving AB a pass. Just because he is the father and not the mother does not mean that he was free to ignore what was happening to Zahra. He was Zahra's only blood parent in that house, therefore in my opinion he should have cared more and done his best to make sure she was ok.

As far as EB trying to lay all of the blame on AB, well we all know that isn't going to fly. EB was the "stay at home parent". She knew what was going on as well. Both had a responsibility to Zahra and both failed. No matter who did what to Zahra before or after they are both responsible and they should both be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Sorry for the rant and of course the above is MOO

For me, a lot of it rests on that mattress. They must have at least preliminary results back from that.
MOO

I would think if they replaced the mattress, the new mattress would most likely not have DNA evidence of Zahra. which would help support any of the evidence of the "found mattress"

Does that make sense??

I would think if they replaced the mattress, the new mattress would most likely not have DNA evidence of Zahra. which would help support any of the evidence of the "found mattress"

Does that make sense??

Yes it does. Absence of evidence on the new mattress would be very telling and give more to the timeline. MOO

I dont believe i have seen this posted anywhere but just a thought.

AB is not a US citizen but is Australian and in fact contacted the closest embassy.

Thinking of other high profile cases ie Amanda Knox maybe LE is being very careful to cross all the t's and dot the i's MOO

I dont believe i have seen this posted anywhere but just a thought.

AB is not a US citizen but is Australian and in fact contacted the closest embassy.

Thinking of other high profile cases ie Amanda Knox maybe LE is being very careful to cross all the t's and dot the i's MOO

First of all WELCOME to WS!

That is an excellent point IMO. I hadnt thought of that, it gave me a ah ha moment.

Teh you werent getting anymore crotchety than I was. My hubby always tells everyone not to argue with me cause I always think im right! LOL :blowkiss:

In our house it's my husband who is always right, he thought he was wrong once but he was mistaken. ;)

As for crotchety, well, this case is enough to make a saint crotchety, I keep having to put myself in the corner until the 'bad' moments pass.

In our house it's my husband who is always right, he thought he was wrong once but he was mistaken. ;)

As for crotchety, well, this case is enough to make a saint crotchety, I keep having to put myself in the corner until the 'bad' moments pass.

bbm~

Nancy..totally ot..but that was my dear dads favorite saying..brought back good memories..

Zahra was sick for weeks, according to EB. And...? You took her to a doctor because you knew she was seriously ill? Why not? What did EB do about it?

EB seems to be saying Zahra was going to die anyways. Just because this little girl was fighting for her life anyways does not make it a lighter offense that she died in your care.

AB could not possibly have worked that much that he couldn't look in and seek care for his daughter.

Wonder how their defense attorneys can spin this so they look like decent people. IMO, there's no excuse good enough to get either of them out of this.

O/T PonderingMind - LOL. It's definitely one of my husband's favourites too, and I've yet to come up with an adequate rejoinder....suggestions welcome. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back