Editing Posts

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by MacPlus512, Mar 4, 2008.

1. CrimeSolver

CrimeSolver Member

Oh, I see, it still doesn't achieve what I'm after, so I guess I'll have to make do with the forum the way it is. Thanks anyway.

2. Aluev

Aluev Active Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was in need of such a feature recently. I can understand the reasoning and the limitations but it is sometimes useful to be able to go back and edit your post if you have made a mistake. I am not talking of completely altering it, just correcting it. In my case I realized I had posted an inaccuracy after later re-reading the facts of the case and wanted to go back and correct it. When you are following a case for a long time sometimes facts can get mixed up in your head. If you leave such a post unchanged, then you are unwittingly mixing up the facts in the minds of the other readers as well.
    I've tried to fix it by quoting myself on another post and explaining the inaccuracy but it would have been more useful if we could have a feature like versioning that is attached on the original post so the reader doesn't get confused because the original post remains as is.

3. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Happy Halloween

Is there any way to delete or remove a thread that you started?