Egypt Air flight 804 missing, 19 May 2016

Media is driving me bonkers. We all have flown. An aircraft at 37000 feet 20 minutes away from landing is not in climb mode. Since they did do a distress call it might be that the flight computers (like Air France) was keeping the aircraft in climb mode, or giving the cockpit wrong data wherein the pilots thought the aircraft was doing the opposite of what it was supposed to.

You dont climb 20 minutes from landing!!!! Its kinda a peroid. IMO!

This is worrisome

"EgyptAir says the plane’s emergency devices – possibly an emergency locator transmitter or beacon – sent a signal that was received at 4.26am, two hours after the last radar contact." (from Guardian as per last posted link)

If this is true, then where was it for 2 hours?

This could just be over-excited media reporting as it is really early on and they haven't found it yet

they are just saying that the distress signal is possibly not made from the plane, and that the signal could be possile sent from the plane after it crashes and that the distress beacon or signal is located near the vicinity of the plane

Your right Plum!!

Now they are saying the distress signal could have been sent out AFTER crash?? CNN So its not the distress call they think it is now!!

However if that is true it should be giving them (the pinger) location data.

But, the timeframe is really insane. They do not typically carry two hours in fuel reserve!! I suppose the emergency pinger could have not gone off for two hours after it crashed .

Now we are in mystery 2 hour timeframe

CNN water temp in area 60 degrees , weather gonna get worse

'EgyptAir says that the plane’s emergency devices (possibly an emergency locator transmitter or beacon) sent a distress signal that was received at 4.26am, some two hours after the previously stated last radar contact.'http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/may/19/egyptair-plane-cairo-paris-live-updates

Saying came distress signal came into Egyptian Military

It is stunning in a way, and I truly hope its just the media getting everything wrong for hours - we have a very serious problem if aviation folks cant tell the difference between an emergency locator, the pinger, or a distress call from the cockpit --goodness!

WOW I heard about the distress call but I did not know 2 hours later. That is huge IMO, which has to mean (unless they knew all along but did not release) that search people were going to the totally wrong location!!

SKy news this model has one accident per 5 million flight segments. Also that Egypt has a horrible histroy of being honest if it is terrorism. Expert was perturbed by the Tweet they just put out that according to his evaluation - telling the media to basically calm down, according to this guy , is not a good sign as far as terrorism goes - they have a history of engaging (think Metro last year) they took forever to declare terrorist on that one

This is getting more messed up rather than getting clearer

France 24 is outright saying the plane has crashed.

The smartest story thus far. Everyone is awaiting "confirmration" Its simple - fuel capacity -the this model is a short to medium range aircraft! They dont "top her off" any longer!! $$! They would do a 4 hour flight and a reserve to their diversion airport. I do not think there diversion airport is what now, 8 hours away from last contact!

She is down IMO, where is the only question IMO at this point.

Quoted on BBC website:

I would be surprised if the military forces in and around the area don't already know what's happened to this plane because it's in an area that's being highly monitored, it's close to, effectively, war zones and there's a lot of military action down there. But I think for sure we'll know a lot more about this within the next six hours, I imagine.
Chris PhillipsFormer head of the UK National Counter Terrorism Security Office

Max range like (3,700 nmi) The flight was to be a bit over 4 hours. They would do that plus a reserve - so she would not have had a total capacity aboard. the aircraft_

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=range%20of%20a320%20-%20200

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back