Eight Guests a Lurkin'

Here is the two minute case summary.

Janet and Raven had been married for a few years. They had a little baby boy, Kaiden, who was about 6 months old. Raven had embezzled from his job and was fired. It is thought that he embezzled from 1 or 2 other jobs too. Janet also worked there and quit. Janet found a job and worked hard. She was well liked. She was an All-American Soccer Player in college. I believe she graduated college with a 4.0. There is really nothing bad anyone can say about Janet. She worked hard. While Janet was out working Raven was unemployed, yet Kaiden was in daycare the day Janet died. It seems Raven wasn't the helpful dad and wasn't familiar with how to care for Kaiden. Raven seemed to only care about himself and his precious posessions. He didn't care what they could afford, nothing was too good for him. Also, Raven was having another affair.

Fast forward to the murder.

Raven went out to play soccer, or so the story goes. He came home and found his wife "injured" and called 911 saying Janet was shot (she was actually stabbed. Raven said she was kneeling so he thought she had cramps when he first saw her. Police found her laying on the floor in the office where the laptop would have been (hense the speculation of a fight that she found something like more embezzlement proof, or another girlfriend on the laptop). She had defensive cuts on her finger, was stabbed in the neck and stabbed in the chest. I think the one to the neck is the one that killed her. Janet died within the 10 minutes before police got there, and I think it only took 4-5 minutes for them to get there. With that in mind, there are about 5 mysterious minutes that are unaccounted for. This is where all of our theories come into play. Raven says he conveniently came home right then. It is also a little too convenient to the story that Janet was pregnant and would have found out that day or possibly the day before. The only thing missing from the house was Raven's laptop. Now it is important to note that the laptop was previously searched during the embezzlement trial and he knew that it was a powerful tool for convicting. The knife was also missing.

It is also important to know, that because he lost his job, his landlord let him stay a month or so free. The church then picked up and was helping them out for a few months. The murder occurred right before assistance would end and Raven would have to work to help the family.
Raven had lots of blogs and writings about his cars etc. He didn't mention Janet- ever. It was as though she didn't exist when he wrote. He bragged about everything. The night before she died Raven redid his Ravenstree site to say how his life was going to change and that it was time to start over, or something like that. It was eery to read.

Raven also has a christmas video where he whips out a switchblade from his pocket. He says he has a knife collection and that he always carries that knife with him, "just in case" he runs across a deer. The scarry thing was how fast he whipped it out and the look in Janets eyes.

Police have said that this was not a random murder. After months they did release info about Raven's car trying to ask if anyone recalled where it was the night of the murder.

That brings me to the next point. Raven had two precious vehicles, in addition to Janets car. Only one of his vehicles was at his home when police arrived. The other one was conveniently not there. Police did not realize there was a missing car. This missing car's location for several days is unaccounted for. Raven could have grabbed the laptop and the knife, driven 1/2 a mile, parked the car, and run back. This is important because he was an athlete and could have completed that within the 5 minutes before police were called.

One more important detail is that Raven has something like 70k debt and I believe his income is under 10k a year. He is filing bankruptcy. Janet was working so it seems logical that she would have had life insurance through work. Of course, you cannot collect life insurance unless you have been cleared of murder. Raven is not a "suspect" but he has not been cleared - so no insurance money for him. He probably got sick of waiting and a year after the murder he filed bankrupcy.

Raven does not appear to have done anything to have found the murderer. Noone can recall him saying he was innocent. At the funeral, his tears seemed like a show.

Basically the problem is that the witness, Janet, is dead. Obviously there is noone that can prove it was him. As a "caring husband" of course he would have blood all over him. Of course you would see his fingerprints and DNA there. However, it is interesting that he came home and didn't notice Janet at first because he went to kiss Kaiden good night. Kaiden was being sweet and was sound asleep. Then Raven found Janet and called for help. There are a few problems with the story. The house was definately a bloody crime scene that he would have noticed when he came home. Secondly, apparently on the 911 tape Kaiden is screaming. That would mean Kaiden conveniently woke up when Raven was kissing him good night, but slept through the attach of his mommy. Hmmmm.

It is sad to see how Raven has just moved on with his life like it is no big deal. :(

If anyone wants to correct details or provide more info, please feel free, but I think this is a pretty good summary.

Nice summary. But a little more background info. Raven had several affairs during their almost 5 year marriage. One where he actually moved out of Janet and his home and into some other female's den. Unfortunately, Janet let him back after each one.

He felt like a caged animal--married, 1 little boy, another baby on the way. He's a coward who always liked what he didn't have. He wanted a girlfriend while he was in college--he found Janet. He wanted to get married--like all of his friends were, so he did. Then he got to thinking that single life was so much better, as he watched those friends of his having fun with no worries or cares in the world. Now, he wanted to be free again and he chose to murder his wife.

Raven Abaroa is a smooth talker, a liar, a criminal, a horrible father, and will eternity be known as a MURDERER!

Good Synopsis!

Quick notes

Nothing was stolen or missing from the home except the murder weapon and the laptop.

Raven knows enough about the way LE thinks and knew to get rid of the laptop. The first time he was arrested they took his laptop, which I believe may have aided in his arrest for embezzlement.

He is a convicted 5x convicted felon for the embezzlement. He plead guilty.

There were actually 3 vehicles, janet's was brought to the shop the day of the murder. Raven's prize possession vehicle the VX was parked nowhere near the home. When Raven went to play soccer Janet was left home with no vehicle. Still not sure why his VX was parked elsewhere. I think that shows the narcissism there, wherein he didn't want it home so LE didn't go rummaging through his prize possession.

I believe he hasn't confessed to the Bishop about the other affairs and don't know if he has about the embezzlement.

He still has another year probation to serve.

On the exact day of the one year anniversary of Janet's murder, Raven was busy, at his lawyers office, signing bankruptcy papers.

The bankruptcy has been dismissed and he is now free and clear of those bills, except the money he has to pay back on his embezzlement.

On April 29th there was a candlelight vigil held for Janet in Durham, North Carolina, Raven was a no show, of course. To my knowledge, since the hearing date for the embezzlement he has not been in North Carolina, but the embezzlement hearing was in Orange County, not in Durham County, but though he travels alot, he won't travel to North Carolina.

Raven has moved again.

Raven still working at the Bike Shop, probably lying about the hours he's working so he can still get aid.

Raven was to take a polygraph the day after the murder and lawyered up. To date he has not taken a polygraph.

To date, nobody has been named a person of interest or a suspect, and Raven has NOT been cleared as a poi or suspect.

I believe 100% that Raven is the guilty party and a sociopath and believe that he will kill again. He reminds me a lot of Barton Corbin.

RainbowsAndGumdrops said:
I agree that it would be sweet to see Raven uprooted just after he gets comfortable, but I worry about the girl that falls in love with him. With all that we say about Raven, he really can come across as charming. I am nervous that another sweet shy girl will fall in love with him. She will eventually hear these "tales", but I fear she will think she knows him better than any of us because she sees him all the time. Being so close to him may actually blind her from the truth instead of giving her the perspective of someone standing back.

Yes, I think that sweet justice will come. Raven will have to face what he did and pay for his crimes. However, I fear for those around him as we wait. :(
R&G,

I agree with you that I am concerned about Raven fooling an innocent girl out in UT. But have you seen him lately? He is FAT! And fortunately, technology may work against him. If the sweet, innocent girls that Raven desires have parents who google Raven's name, that will be all it takes. Even Raven will have a hard time explaining the following facts that can be googled:

*Raven Abaroa and the unsolved murder of his wife
*Raven Abaroa has not been cleared as a suspect in his wife's murder
*Raven Abaroa's 5 felony convictions for felony embezzlement
*Raven Abaroa's bankruptcy - he'll try to tie Janet's death into this one, poor me, blah blah
*lack of a real job - bike shop and online business do not count
*no education because Raven Abaroa either dropped out or flunked out of college
*no money because Raven Abaroa does not have a real job
*Raven Abaroa's documented extramarital affairs

What parent would want their daughter mixed up with someone like this????

Moxie said:
He is FAT!
Is he really? Must be all the eating out he does. I hope Kaiden isn't getting pudgy from McDonalds too.

ok, thanks, I think I can catch up now. This poor little baby, he will never know his beautiful mommy, never remember her, never even get another hug from the person who loved him the most in this world. i think it is pretty obvious who did this to her.

The sad part to all of this, is that LE again, is more concerned with "POLITICS ," than MURDERS!
Durham is still more concerned with "The Rape Case," than to solve our loved ones deaths!
My brother was found executed under a bridge 3 weeks after Janet Araboa was killed, and I have had NO PRESS, and have had to fight, and beg to glean what facts I have received!

My brother was only 46, and weeks away from retiring from IBM after 25 years. He was not only a Christian, and a brilliant man, he was the most compassionate and kind person you could ever imagine!

He put himself through college, overcame poverty and hardships, and was loved and respected by countless people, he WAS George Bailey!

My family has not only lost our hero, we lost OUR mentor and best friend! He was NOT just MY brother, but ALL of my cousins and I would claim him, he loved being looked up to, and enjoyed family, and loved life!

My mother lost her only son! And not JUST a son, but an OUTSTANDING man! We ALL were so proud of him, and I personally depended on him, he was ALWAYS there for me, not through miles, but in prayers and deeds! He was to take my 15 year old daughter if I died....

I had cancer, and praying I have not gone into remission, this has been the worst! :(
At least when he was alive, I had peace knowing if I died, he would be there for her! That meant a lot, and helped me sleep better knowing she would be loved like I would want her to have!
Not to mention my father's death from cancer when she was only 5....He told her he would live to see her graduate college, not wanting her to be afraid, then died 6 months later.....

The ripple effect from each human that has died, or is murdered, reaches a multitude of lives!
NO family should have to fight for LE to do the job they are paid to do! And the FAMILY DESERVES the same privilege as next of kin, as does the spouse!

How many married people kill their spouses, or one relative another, while entire families are left to suffer and pick up the pieces?!
God willing, like Megans Law, and the Amber alert, I will have Jacks law passed, so this will change!

FAMILY means something, and the voices of the dead MUST have JUSTICE!

God help, and bless our country, because the times are so full of evil! The world has become a wicked rotating garbage dump, man has no humanity to one another, children kill parents, and parents murder their children, etc......

My heart goes out to the PARENTS! Just as a sibling, I ache, if it was my child, I would probably have died from a broken heart, I KNOW that MUST be the worst!

I truly pray the Lord is watching over this site, and like John Walsh, become an inspiration, and invoke changes!

Let us remember one another EACH time we pray, the world is full of anguish, we all suffer in some way :(

Even when and if the violators are caught and punished, the loss and pain doesn't evaporate....

We are all the same, and we all need Gods help!

Justice IS his!

Please Lord, bless US ALL with peace!

Until the day dawns.....

http://community.webtv.net/RhondaFleming/InLovingMemory/

I was wondering how ya'll knew if it was guests or not, just figured it out! (Little slow sometimes:rolleyes: ! I don't log in often, but have always noticed there is someone on the site.. Very sad, sad situation, I pray God protects the little baby and this gets resolved quickly. Does her family want the baby, (I sure they probably do, just asking.)

Straitfan said:
I was wondering how ya'll knew if it was guests or not, just figured it out! (Little slow sometimes:rolleyes: ! I don't log in often, but have always noticed there is someone on the site.. Very sad, sad situation, I pray God protects the little baby and this gets resolved quickly. Does her family want the baby, (I sure they probably do, just asking.)
I would imagine that the family would at least like to be able to see the baby, but considering they live on the east and Raven took Kaiden and moved to Utah, I doubt they get to see him.

I would hope that Raven would at least let Kaiden visit Janet's family, but for some reason I doubt that happens.

I was thinking you knew the family, Terminaxtor.. Maybe not.. I do have question. are they (the family) in contact with DA, in the public, etc? I think i read they live in another state. You know NG is pretty ruthless ( I mean that in a nice way) . Have you tried to get this aired on her show? I know it may be hard especially when it is pretty obvious who the caulpret is but might help.. just a thought. My prayers are with you all, until the end. :angel:

Straitfan said:
I was thinking you knew the family, Terminaxtor.. Maybe not.. I do have question. are they (the family) in contact with DA, in the public, etc? I think i read they live in another state. You know NG is pretty ruthless ( I mean that in a nice way) . Have you tried to get this aired on her show? I know it may be hard especially when it is pretty obvious who the caulpret is but might help.. just a thought. My prayers are with you all, until the end. :angel:
Actually I never met the family. I joined WS on the day that Janet was murdered, for another case, so when I noticed the date of death, this case kinda hit me hard, I'm just very nosey and pushy is all.

I do have a lot of contacts in the advocacy field and ties with different LE agencies and some media outlets, but I'm just a meddling Websleuther.

I will be at the trial and will hopefully be able to lend my support to the family in the future.

This is an open invitation for the seven people lurking here now...

Please log in and share your thoughts.... not only is your opinion important to us but you could be the one person with information that could lead to an arrest.

Lurkers welcome... Posters NEEDED!!

Wow, since I posted the above note.... 5 of the 7 lurkers are gone! Oops! Hope on of them was Raven. :p

Currently it's me an 8 visitors. Jump on in y'all.

Hi Jen,

I think it's funny to watch the numbers come and go with no one posting. I went over and read the recent stuff on Scott Peterson and the JonBenet forum. When I came back a bunch of other people show up.

I guess I should really go back to work. I would much rather sit here and read all day. I haven't been folowing the Ramsey case. Not like our fearless leader here anyway. But I do love to read the threads over there. We have some seriously smart people who post here.

Ok, I'm officially going to get some work done now!

Poooof! I'm gone.

Always "lurkers" on this site.. kinda strange, there is more on here tonight once again than the "highly public" cases. I hope it is the predator and it is eating at him.. Justice in the end, one day as my Grandma used to say "whatever happens in the dark, will always comes to light!!" May their souls rest in peace.:angel:

Update Term.

3:30 in the morming, CST, still 3 lurkers on this site.. Jon Benet Ramsey's, ok 3 lurkers there, that would make sense, here it doesn't! Must be ck'ing something, hmmm one has to wonder!

She was a beautiful girl, someone any mother would be PROUD to have as their daughter, very, very heart-breaking story..I pray they rest in peace. :angel:

There are lurkers daily here, I come here and sometimes I'm the only person sitting here, watching the lurkers, watching me. :chicken:

All of you that know he did it, will eventually have to pay the price for your silence. If you believe in God, he knows you know the truth.

terminatrixator said:
There are lurkers daily here, I come here and sometimes I'm the only person sitting here, watching the lurkers, watching me. :chicken:

All of you that know he did it, will eventually have to pay the price for your silence. If you believe in God, he knows you know the truth.
there is 3 right now. I want justice for Janet, and belive me, she will get it. she didn't deserve this. Her little boy didn't either, he needs a mommy, he will be missing something his whole life. How could you do this to her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back