Einstein: Bible Is 'Primitive, Pretty Childish'

Blondieskatz

Reaction score
Not sure what to think about this~ not surprised by his opinion considering he was a scientist.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355323,00.html

"In it, Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

He aslo said in 1932, "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean that the atom would have to be shattered at will."

That's just 1 page of links, there are hundreds. IMO, he is wrong about this too.

Crank Dot Net | Einstein was wrong

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Einstein was wrong ... "Proponents of Einstein have acted in a way that appears ... Einstein was wrong ... "The book presents a set of new splendid theories ...
www.crank.net/einstein.html - 65k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
NASA - Was Einstein Wrong About Space Travel?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Mar 22, 2006 ... Editor's note: This story should not be construed to mean that Einstein's theory of Special Relativity is wrong. It is correct. ...
science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/22mar_telomeres.htm - 38k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Was Einstein Wrong?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>A team of Australian scientists proposes an idea that could unseat one of the most cherished laws of modern physics -- Einstein's theory of relativity.
www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,54394,00.html - 44k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Preposterous Universe

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Was Einstein wrong? Gravity is the most obvious of the four forces of nature (gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces). ...
preposterousuniverse.blogspot.com/<WBR>2004/05/was-einstein-wrong.html - 29k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Einstein Wrong - The Miracle Year

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>People who have spent years, decades, and lifetimes showing Einstein's theories of relativity to be wrong may cause your outrage to switch direction. ...
www.einsteinwrong.com/ - 19k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Why Einstein may have got it wrong | Science | The Guardian

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>A century after Albert Einstein published his most famous ideas, physicists will today commemorate the occasion by trying to demolish one of them.
www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/apr/11/science.research - 59k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

WHERE DR. EINSTEIN WENT WRONG

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Apr 6, 2005 ... Within days, I became widely known around campus as "The kid who proved Einstein wrong." I was unanimously elected president of the Special ...
www.brojon.org/frontpage/EINSTEIN-WENT-WRONG.html - 65k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Was Einstein wrong? | csmonitor.com

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>So just how right was Einstein about the way gravity works?
www.csmonitor.com/2002/0614/p25s03-stss.html - 83k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Was Einstein Wrong about Space Travel?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Mar 22, 2006 ... PhysOrg news: Was Einstein Wrong about Space Travel?
www.physorg.com/news12032.html - 27k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Wisp Unification Theory - almost the theory of everything

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>The results of which show Einstein's relativity is wrong. ... Experiments carried out to test this proposal have proven Einstein wrong. ...
www.kevin.harkess.btinternet.co.uk/<WBR>reasons_einstein_wrong/reasons_einstein_wrong.html - 49k - <NOBR>Cached - Similar pages</NOBR>

Thanks Christine:)

Albert Einstein quotes on God and religion:

I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details.
I am convinced that He (God) does not play dice.
God is subtle but he is not malicious.
Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind.
God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.

Not sure what to think about this~ not surprised by his opinion considering he was a scientist.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,355323,00.html

"In it, Einstein said that "the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions."

I totally agree with Einstein:clap:

so you believe there is a god that controls the universe just not like how the bible says?

no

See what happens when I skim? :crazy:

I agree with this

"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions"

no

See what happens when I skim? :crazy:

I agree with this

"For me," he added, "the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions"
yeah but you probably agree with half of what i say too. :crazy:

Many of our founding fathers were against organised religion or even religion itself.

Gosh, I love "Uncle Albert". :) He saw things clearly that most people refuse to contemplate.

and it took a genius to say this....?? geez,, i say it every day!

Well, it sounds to me like they believed in religion and what God could do for their country. It's unfortunate now that the state and religion can't be combined. :(
You can find as many and more links proving their devotion to separation of church and state - and how very much many of them did not believe in religion. The Treaty of Tripoli is one good example - a statement that our government was not, in any way, founded on the Christian religion, voted on and passed unanimously by the Senate of the time - I think back then they knew well what this country was founded on. There's plenty of other letters, quotes, or simply reading the Constitution where they are quite careful to never so much as refer to God - let alone make any state religion.

Combining state and religion is what they came from, and were determined not to go back to. They know how that corrupts both state and religion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back