I think we're running a bit low on spontaneous human combustion (SHC) threads here at WS, so, even though I scoff at the notion, this newsmaker from Galway caught my eye: OAP dies of 'spontaneous human combustion' in his sitting room "OAP" = "old age pensioner," btw. Much more, with pictures, "How the human body can become an 'inside out candle'" sidebar, etc., at Daily Mail link above. Sorry, but I'm not buying the "blaze in open fireplace did not cause death" theory. As in most every "SHC" case there is an external source of flame present in the room. Fascinating stuff, though!