Elderly Man Broke After Friendship With Garrido

That is correct jjenny. :)
I imagine that she was afraid; she would not want to go back home with PG and end up in the restrainers or something worse. :banghead:
It took time before she spoke.
They usually talk when they understand that the perp is not coming out and that they are not going back with their abuser; they have to feel safe to talk.

I imagine she was told he is going to jail, that she will be reunited with real family, but they need her to coporate to get her home, or he will do this again, and again.

i agree with this. i dont think that qualifies as 'serious interrogation" though.
i think they treated her with kid gloves

Back to the main topic of this thread . . . I think that there are so many unanswered questions about Delbert "Jack" Medeiros and his relationship to the Garridos. I do wonder if he ever WAS living with them. It is odd and of concern that there were forged checks. In other words, the Garridos had easy access to Medeiros' check book. Was this because he was living with them? I also wonder how much his ex-wife paid him for that house. Would that be in public records? I would think that real estate transactions would be public. The amount "stolen" from Medeiros by the Garridos may be much more than $25,000!
Also, I checked the National sex offender database, and Medeiros is not on it. (I am trying to figure out if there is more to this than meets the eye.)

I watched the video again yesterday and thought I saw a computer keyboard on Medeiros' dresser. When asked if he accessed *advertiser censored* sites, he hung his head and said, "no". For some reason I didn't believe him. JMO I thought he overacted - like he didn't know what the "internet" meant. I'm just not convinced he's on the up and up.

Do we know what year his house was built? It's not as old as many on that street so I figure he built it. His bank statements showed that he is a retired civil servant and receives a pension.

On a similar note, can someone list who occupied the neighbor's house over the past 20 years?

• 2006-2009 -- Damon Robinson (I think?) and ex-girlfriend (the one who called about the kids living in the backyard)
  • Sheltons
  • Jack
  • PG
  • Jack's wife?

I watched the video again yesterday and thought I saw a computer keyboard on Medeiros' dresser. When asked if he accessed *advertiser censored* sites, he hung his head and said, "no". For some reason I didn't believe him. JMO I thought he overacted - like he didn't know what the "internet" meant. I'm just not convinced he's on the up and up.

Do we know what year his house was built? It's not as old as many on that street so I figure he built it. His bank statements showed that he is a retired civil servant and receives a pension.

I know what you saw it does look like some kind of key board I saw only a few keys, but not a key board. can it be a key board yes, can it be something else yes.
I think if you had ever asked my Dad if he ever saw *advertiser censored*, he may have also hung his head, that may be too shameful for some old timers, to be asked it may offend their dignity.

I do not agree that he had to be hiding something.
I do not know many old people who can work a computer, or that look at *advertiser censored*.
IT would be very easy to pull a comp out of the room and find out. but I heard nothing of them doing that.

On a similar note, can someone list who occupied the neighbor's house over the past 20 years?

• 2006-2009 -- Damon Robinson (I think?) and ex-girlfriend (the one who called about the kids living in the backyard)

[*]Sheltons
  • Jack
  • PG
  • Jack's wife?

BBM
I can't be 100% positive because the article is no longer available, (to me, anyway) but I'm about 99% sure that the Sheltons lived there from 1996-98. My memory rarely fails me, but there's a slight possibility that it has here, I don't think so, though. Hope that helps.

JulieNMM
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2009

2006-2009 -- Damon Robinson and ex-girlfriend Erika Pratt ( who called on Nov.2006 about the kids living in the backyard)

Sheltons Mike and Glenda 1996 through 1998 they rented it from Jack

Jack 1998? - 2005 then He got too sick & moved to care home (do not know how long/years was he sick
)

2005-2006 PG had access to house and the shed as the caretaker for Jack's wife who bought house from Jack 2005. JMO: Phillip may have had access to the house while Jack & PG were friends (as Jack said He saw the girls often) Do not know who changed the doors to lock people in.

Jack's wife? I Have not read when they divorced or if she lived in that house with Jack

YES IT WORKS but since you are afraid it will be removed I copied it here:

Local couple lived next to kidnapping suspect Phillip Garrido

staff writer 09/22/09
Janet Higdon

REFELCTION - Mike Shelton is glad that he no longer lives in California.
Mike and Glenda Shelton moved to Camden three years ago because of its proximity to the Tennessee River. Mike loves fishing and a friend of his recommended this area as a great place to enjoy his favorite sport. The couple moved here from California after they both became disabled.

So far nothing about the Shelton’s story sounds strange or unusual. When asked why they left California they both agree that they could no longer afford to live there once they became disabled. They wanted to own a home of their own in a quiet community where the cost of living was within their means. Camden suited their needs and they have now settled here. Even though they do not have family here, they both say they have a large church family here.

The Sheltons got a surprise recently when Glenda’s daughter called from California and asked them if they had seen the news. Their former neighbor, Phillip Garrido and his wife Nancy had been arrested and charged with kidnapping, conspiracy, and rape of a minor.

The story quickly swept across the nation. Jaycee Lee Dugard had been abducted at the age of 11 while she walked to her school bus stop in South Lake Tahoe, Ca. Garrido had held her captive for 18 years and fathered two children with her. She was forced to live in a series of shacks and tents in the backyard and it was there that she gave birth to her two children, reportedly without the help of a physician. The children have never seen a doctor nor have they ever gone to school but Jaycee had somehow taught them to read and write.

Mike and Glenda lived next door to Garrido on Walnut Ave. in Antioch, Ca. from 1996 through 1998. The Garridos and the Sheltons shared a driveway but little else. Both of the Sheltons have met and talked to Garrido but they both describe him as being “weird”. Mike stated that you could tell there was something funny about him because he was always real defensive. He didn’t want anybody to go near the yard and nobody was allowed behind the gate. Mike recalls one time the lock on the gate was broken and Garrido appeared to be almost in a panic until it was fixed.

Mike Shelton rented the house next door to the Garridos from a guy named Jack. Phillip’s mother was a retired real estate agent and handled the transaction for Jack. The Sheltons believe that Jack lived on the Garrido property but they cannot say for sure. Phillip’s mother also lived on the property with her son and the Sheltons feel that the mother must have known something about Jaycee and the children. It is unclear whether or not the mother is still alive.

Mike states that there was no way you could tell the compound was there because it was completely enclosed behind an 8-foot privacy fence. He also says the area was a rural area the was overgrown with brush. Garrido ran a printing business out of his home but he always took his orders away from the home in a gray Dodge van. Mike said it was always quiet next door and you would never know that anything of this magnitude was going on. Glenda states that she stayed at home alone a lot of the time and she now looks back with disbelief at the things that were going on so close to her own back door. Mike also had small children that came to visit on weekends.

Since the case first broke the Sheltons have now learned that the police are digging up the backyard of the house they used to live in. Police suspect that Garrido may have killed prostitutes and buried them somewhere in the surrounding area. There have been human bones found in the area but news reports have not yet told whether or not those bones are tied to Garrido.

As for the Sheltons, they are now comfortable living in Camden and enjoying life at a slower pace. Mike loves to grab his fishing pole and head for the river every chance he gets. Glenda enjoys being at home with her dogs and they both enjoy their church activities. They have gladly left their California life behind them.

MBK

Back to the main topic of this thread . . . I think that there are so many unanswered questions about Delbert "Jack" Medeiros and his relationship to the Garridos. I do wonder if he ever WAS living with them. It is odd and of concern that there were forged checks. In other words, the Garridos had easy access to Medeiros' check book. Was this because he was living with them? I also wonder how much his ex-wife paid him for that house. Would that be in public records? I would think that real estate transactions would be public. The amount "stolen" from Medeiros by the Garridos may be much more than $25,000!
Also, I checked the National sex offender database, and Medeiros is not on it. (I am trying to figure out if there is more to this than meets the eye.)

I agree with everything you just wrote. I hope I'm wrong about Jack. But I believe if he was healthy during his friendship with PG then I think he was aware of the backyard prison. What normal person would not report Children/young girls living in tents and not going to school, outdoor shower, dogs protecting them etc.
I wish the reporter had asked Jack many of these questions about his relationship with the "adopted family" during his interview about the money theft.

I also want to say. I re-posted links after someone asked for the info. as I saved some from earlier web sleuth postings. I did not come up with anything new. :waitasec:

I live in a City that has had a horrible record of Police not following up on leads, that were given to them. I'm a short drive from the Pig Farm that had upwards of 60 murders.
The police were notified often & did not follow up. Finally one officer tried to get his supervisor to approve a search warrant and was told no. If they had done their jobs many lives would have been spared. Only one pig farmer has gone to jail and He admitted to killiing 49 women and won't give any of his friends names that participated. The police suspect many other men & a few women but did not collect evidence on them. No other charges have been made. Some key players are long gone.
He was put in jail in 2002. He was permitted to change his plea to not guilty, the court room drama didn't start until 2007 and it is still going..

The Garrido's and some of their friend's remind me of the people investigated in connection to the pig farm murders. This was a family with money and valuable land. His Sister and Brother were in charge of his money. None of the property was in his name. Victims Families can't sue him.

His Brother lived with him and said he was aware of some bodies? But they didn't have enough to send him to jail also. The pig farmer willy pickton also preferred living in a run down camper trailor on the land. He was very good at manipulating people & very creepy.

I pray that Jaycee and Family are spared the agony of a trial.

Our two Countries have the same trouble of not keeping these pedophiles in jail. They keep freeing them here also & they are repeat offenders & many go on to murder.
The laws have too be changed and some politicians say they are trying.
It is so frustrating and very sickening..
Sorry for my extra long post. I'm finished now. Take care everyone.

I'm glad you're here, Justice. I watched a program about that and all the screw-ups and cover-ups. What a story!!!

MBK

I agree with everything you just wrote. I hope I'm wrong about Jack. But I believe if he was healthy during his friendship with PG then I think he was aware of the backyard prison. What normal person would not report Children/young girls living in tents and not going to school, outdoor shower, dogs protecting them etc.
I wish the reporter had asked Jack many of these questions about his relationship with the "adopted family" during his interview about the money theft.

I also want to say. I re-posted links after someone asked for the info. as I saved some from earlier web sleuth postings. I did not come up with anything new. :waitasec:

I live in a City that has had a horrible record of Police not following up on leads, that were given to them. I'm a short drive from the Pig Farm that had upwards of 60 murders.
The police were notified often & did not follow up. Finally one officer tried to get his supervisor to approve a search warrant and was told no. If they had done their jobs many lives would have been spared. Only one pig farmer has gone to jail and He admitted to killiing 49 women and won't give any of his friends names that participated. The police suspect many other men & a few women but did not collect evidence on them. No other charges have been made. Some key players are long gone.
He was put in jail in 2002. He was permitted to change his plea to not guilty, the court room drama didn't start until 2007 and it is still going..

The Garrido's and some of their friend's remind me of the people investigated in connection to the pig farm murders. This was a family with money and valuable land. His Sister and Brother were in charge of his money. None of the property was in his name. Victims Families can't sue him.

His Brother lived with him and said he was aware of some bodies? But they didn't have enough to send him to jail also. The pig farmer willy pickton also preferred living in a run down camper trailor on the land. He was very good at manipulating people & very creepy.

I pray that Jaycee and Family are spared the agony of a trial.

Our two Countries have the same trouble of not keeping these pedophiles in jail. They keep freeing them here also & they are repeat offenders & many go on to murder.
The laws have too be changed and some politicians say they are trying.
It is so frustrating and very sickening..
Sorry for my extra long post. I'm finished now. Take care everyone.

if they ever let garrido and his wife out there wont be enough space on earth for any of them to hide (garrido his wife or the morons that let them out)

OK bear with me for a sec. Is the Medeiros home the one just to the left of Garridos? You can get a lot of info by going to sites such as Zillow dot com.
If you click on the lot you can get the size of the lot, tax paid, last sold, a lot of stuff about each property. Interestingly, Garridos property was "claimed" on Zillow which I think means the property owner gets on there and changes or confirms what is written about the property? (such as my own house is listed on there with the wrong square footage and number of bathrooms, I suppose if I wanted it "fixed" to make my property value go up I would "claim it" and fix it.)

Anyway - looks like the house to the left was 1568 Walnut and was "sold" (with an unexplained asterisk) in 1984 for $5000. Now worth about $144K

Also, LOTS of sheds in that yard too, and lots of cars in the driveway on the aerial. Hmm. That may not even be the right neighbor's house though, perhaps the house of "jack's" is the one to the right as you face Garridos?

I know what you saw it does look like some kind of key board I saw only a few keys, but not a key board. can it be a key board yes, can it be something else yes.
I think if you had ever asked my Dad if he ever saw *advertiser censored*, he may have also hung his head, that may be too shameful for some old timers, to be asked it may offend their dignity.

I do not agree that he had to be hiding something.
I do not know many old people who can work a computer, or that look at *advertiser censored*.
IT would be very easy to pull a comp out of the room and find out. but I heard nothing of them doing that.

I don't think Jack was using the computer, sorry if I inferred that. It would be a good place to "store" a computer, though, don't you think? LE took computers from PG's house, his next door neighbor's and the Molino's house, so there was obviously something they were looking for. And the fact that Jack had pages of charges to a *advertiser censored* site leads to wonder "who" made those unauthorized charges.

It seems odd to me, something isn't right. I keep thinking of what Ms. Gomes said about the accomplice and I think more should be looked at here. Who is the person she is talking about and does he know Jack?

OK bear with me for a sec. Is the Medeiros home the one just to the left of Garridos? You can get a lot of info by going to sites such as Zillow dot com.
If you click on the lot you can get the size of the lot, tax paid, last sold, a lot of stuff about each property. Interestingly, Garridos property was "claimed" on Zillow which I think means the property owner gets on there and changes or confirms what is written about the property? (such as my own house is listed on there with the wrong square footage and number of bathrooms, I suppose if I wanted it "fixed" to make my property value go up I would "claim it" and fix it.)

Anyway - looks like the house to the left was 1568 Walnut and was "sold" (with an unexplained asterisk) in 1984 for $5000. Now worth about $144K

Also, LOTS of sheds in that yard too, and lots of cars in the driveway on the aerial. Hmm. That may not even be the right neighbor's house though, perhaps the house of "jack's" is the one to the right as you face Garridos?

The neighbor lived on the other side -- 1540 Walnut Ave. Last sale:
Sold 02/13/2004: $195,000

It seems odd to me, something isn't right. I keep thinking of what Ms. Gomes said about the accomplice and I think more should be looked at here. Who is the person she is talking about and does he know Jack?

I'm wondering this also. But LE might not release anymore details, on the active investigation.
I'm curious if Ms Gomes saw the two ped's together or if she assumes they are associates by being neighbours.
I'm also surprised LE didn't warn her in the danger of going public & on TV with her accusations against a dangerous
pedophile. They still don't know if they all belong to a gang of disgusting predators.

Maybe the name of his "pedo" friend ID'd by Ms. Gomes could be found on a house title search? Then matched up to the Pedo Warning Files & recent arrest files?

I still think/hope the 2 younger children seen in the back yard & at the barbers, were taken into protective custody.
I assume LE would not release the details?
I'm repeating a guess that they could have been found at Molinos rental property.
This has been mentioned on another link and I'm just repeating it.

A question for the people who like doing the searches.
Is their anyway to trace the address of Molinos rental property to find the tennants name and then cross check the arrest files from the day of the search and sex predator listings. Sorry if I'm way off on this.

It is possible that Nancy gave the location soon after her arrest?
I pray she can be convinced to give details on missing persons.

I don't think Jack was using the computer, sorry if I inferred that. It would be a good place to "store" a computer, though, don't you think? LE took computers from PG's house, his next door neighbor's and the Molino's house, so there was obviously something they were looking for. [B]And the fact that Jack had pages of charges to a *advertiser censored* site leads to wonder "who" made those unauthorized charges. [/B]

The Garridos: had Jacks bank account details.

They could then easily set-up payments from his account. It was a dumb move because the payments from the internet *advertiser censored* site can be traced back to the computer used. Even if the elderly care home has a computer? Not likely.
The LE have probably already traced all the hard drives and have the answers.

I don't think PG would have shared Jack's bank account details with any of his
friends. He would want all the money for himself.
I think PG was *advertiser censored* surfing on Jack's dime..

I'm sorry if I have repeated old details.

@Stephens: ....Which is why I raised the question "Maybe his father was abusive to his mother?" But, thanks for expanding on my thoughts. Exactly where I was going.

I read an article about Patricia where she expresses her regrets about never having daughters & how daughters are better than sons, more than once. Though, I don't know the accuracy of the article, it's still interesting. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...ught-jaycee-was-his-daughter-115875-21650599/

You mean could he be bringing her daughters to gain her affection;
and raping women because he is angry with her??
It is a possibility.

I don't think Jack was using the computer, sorry if I inferred that. It would be a good place to "store" a computer, though, don't you think? LE took computers from PG's house, his next door neighbor's and the Molino's house, so there was obviously something they were looking for. And the fact that Jack had pages of charges to a *advertiser censored* site leads to wonder "who" made those unauthorized charges.

I am not sure the is old man could be any accomplice, but I do think that Pg can use his ID to buy things, register in cyberspace without using his own name in a *advertiser censored* site.
PG is a pig but not a dumb on, he would not register himself to a *advertiser censored* site, because what if they are out there checking him? So he used Jack to get his perversions handled.

I agree that there were other men involved with him in some ways. perhaps accomplice to abuse women. But I don't think Jack was anything but an ID & a Check book to PG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back