Electronics - Free to Good Home

Discussion in 'WS-BAY!' started by Ntegrity, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

I recently bought a new all-in-one printer so I now have a scanner I'm not using. It's a UMAX Astra 1220P.

I also have an Epson Stylus Color 400 printer that seems to have a messed up print head. The color works fine but the black print has streaks through it. I've tried the utility for cleaning the print head and replaced the black ink cartridge but there's still no improvement. I don't know if the problem is repairable or not. Any electronics gurus interested?

Both these items are free to anyone willing to pay shipping costs from zip code 32578. Not sure of weight but will get an estimate to an interested party.

2. Loading...

3. PolkSaladAnnie

PolkSaladAnnie Preventing Truth Decay

Hi Ntegrity.

This would be a such wonderful gift to a special needs school, hospice or similar institution near you. They would gladly send someone around to collect and I know they'd be delighted to receive something that would save a few $ from their donated funds. You might also bring much happiness to one more needy soul.

Just a thought.

4. snorky

snorky New Member

Hi Ntegrity,

If you decide not to donate the scanner to a local organization, I would be happy to pay the shipping costs. I had that same scanner you mention and overused it until it fried. That was some time ago and I have never been able to replace it. (Since I am pretty new to WS, I do not know how to private message yet).

5. PolkSaladAnnie

PolkSaladAnnie Preventing Truth Decay

Snorky's as needy a soul as mentioned.

Snorky: If you 'click' on the poster's name you will receive a menu of 'options'. One of them gives you the option to 'send a pvt msg to XXX'

Click on that bar ... and away you go!

Try that.

Hopefully you'll soon be the new owner of this printer!

Good luck.

Annie

6. snorky

snorky New Member

PSA - Thank you for the instructions. I need more than the scanner and all help is appreciated! :)

7. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

Snorky, the scanner is yours. I'll hold it until I hear back from you.

Thanks for the ideas, Annie. Unless someone knows how to repair the printer, it's probably not worth donating. Repairs would likely cost more than a new printer ... especially since they've become so affordable.

8. Babcat

Babcat Former Member

Here is some helpful info...

http://www.maxpatchink.com/epsonclean.shtml

The cleaning solution for the Epson Stylus 400 Color appears to be only $7.55 and can be purchased on the site at the URL above. Seems like a relatively inexpensive fix and possibly a better alternative than just scrapping the poor little guy. :)

9. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

Shucks ... too late. It went out in today's garbage. Thanks for trying. Wish I could've salvaged it.

10. Babcat

Babcat Former Member

Ohhhhhhh... what a bummer! :blushing: I should have checked out the thread sooner I guess. :banghead:

Now poor Eppy is headed to that big digital/technology-ridden/cyber-esque scrap pile in the sky. :( :boohoo:

Did you attempt to tag the poor thing with the paddles and yell "CLEAR!"...? :doh:

11. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

LMAO!! :laugh: