Elizabeth Hiring a Babysitter

If you have other babysitter articles that haven't been posted yet in this thread, could you post the links please kappy? Thanks!

BeanE...well all information that I am referring to comes from this thread or the calendar thread....I have nothing outside of this. So I'm not sure what you mean. I have no clue how to post a link if it ...I ain't real computer suavy!

It's the only date where we have someone else corroborating, but you're right, it could have been one of the other dates.

How about if I make it into a date range, and pull in the other date references? That would be more accurate for the info we have now.
ETA: And thank you for reviewing the calendar! If anyone else has time to review it and sanity check it, I'd appreciate it. Just let me know corrections, and I'm also happy to add events if people will just post them in the case calendar thread in the timeline forum. The calendar is about 70% done at this point, and the more we add, the more useful it's becoming. I'm referring to it daily now.

BBM, please make sure to keep a note in there that the 23rd was corroborated by the housekeeper. I think most of us feel confident it was the 23rd. Thanks for all your hard work on this case. You have done an awesome job.

BBM, please make sure to keep a note in there that the 23rd was corroborated by the housekeeper. I think most of us feel confident it was the 23rd. Thanks for all your hard work on this case. You have done an awesome job.

Thanks, NM. Thank you for your hard work! You've done an awesome job too :)

I'll keep the note. I'm going to go through and try to find other interviews where AU says the date in a quote or in a video, rather than reporters giving the date.

In the case calendar, we have the babysitter babysitting on Dec. 23. Forgive me if I missed this, but how was that confirmed?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elizabeth Hiring a Babysitter

This post says the housekeeper saw her Dec. 23, but AU said other dates per above.

I'm asking b/c from a timeline perspective, I'm trying to get a sense of how EJ's appointment at the hair salon and getting her hair done fits in - in terms of her state of mind, and AU's report of EJ's arguing with someone on the phone, and EJ's MS posts.

BBM. If you click any event in the calendar, it pops open, and everybody has been putting in the source of the info, so you can click through to the article or video or court document.

I just don't trust AU but I don't know why. And I don't mean in a "she's a bad person" sort of way - but more of a "she seems to remember different things at different times" sort of way.

For one, She originally says when she got to the hotel, EJ handed Gabe to her, told her his name and left. Then (and this is all in the same interview) she says EJ told her his name and age and was angry and left. Then She says she also pointed out where his bottle and formula were. Then adds in that EJ told her to give him more Tylenol if he cried. It's like each time she was asked, she added more info. Added or remembered - I don't know.

Also, she says on NG that she heard about Gabe missing on 1/5 and immediately called LE. Well, because of earlier statements, I believe she knew about him missing 12/31 or 1/1. That's a good five days before she claims she found out and "immediately" called LE.

She also claimed that there were NO toys or anything for Gabe, then goes on to say she tried to get him to play with a rattle.

Another thing I find hinky is she claims she wanted to call CPS but didn't because she lost EJ's #. Well, first of all, wouldn't the # still be on her caller id? I seriously doubt she went through and purposely erased it. Plus, I highly doubt she forgot the hotel and probably not the hotel room.

Don't get me wrong, I know AU has nothing to do with the disappearance -- I just don't think we can take too much of what she says -- especially since she's given several different dates for babysitting. All we know is she babysat sometime between the 19th and 23rd.

"IF" she only babysat for the 1 1/2 - 2 hrs as she claims, I seriously doubt she was the one with Gabe while EJ got her hair done.

Transcribed by me from video with this article @ -1:44:

"I went to babysit the next day, which was December 21"

A babysitter who watched Gabriel Johnson the night he and his mother arrived in San Antonio says Elizabeth Johnson seemed detached from her son. 18-year-old Analisa Urias says Johnson contacted her after seeing her babysitter ad on Craigslist and hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st at the Homegate Studios and Suites on Laureate Drive.

Interestingly, this article is from Jan 15, but was updated on Feb 9.

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Baby-Gabriels-sitter-speaks-out-81782547.html

Let's not have a replay of the babysitter thread that got closed, please.

No, I agree and I'm not trying re-hash that. I'm just worried about people using what she has stated for investigative purposes when she has contradicted herself. Even in that article, it claims she was asked to watch him the night of the 21st, but she then stated she got to the hotel at 11:45am.

Anyway, I really feel there was someone else watching Gabe - why that person/s didn't watch him the time AU did, I don't know. But, seeing how no one else has come forward claiming to have babysat, I believe it must have been someone directly involved.

Transcribed by me from video with this article @ -1:44:

"I went to babysit the next day, which was December 21"

A babysitter who watched Gabriel Johnson the night he and his mother arrived in San Antonio says Elizabeth Johnson seemed detached from her son. 18-year-old Analisa Urias says Johnson contacted her after seeing her babysitter ad on Craigslist and hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st at the Homegate Studios and Suites on Laureate Drive.

Interestingly, this article is from Jan 15, but was updated on Feb 9.

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Baby-Gabriels-sitter-speaks-out-81782547.html

Just a small thing, but this article says "hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st..."

We may be somewhat up in the air on the date, but do we feel pretty confident of the time, that is that AU started around 11:45 a.m. and watched him until 1:30 p.m.?

Just a small thing, but this article says "hired her to watch her son on the night of December 21st..."

We may be somewhat up in the air on the date, but do we feel pretty confident of the time, that is that AU started around 11:45 a.m. and watched him until 1:30 p.m.?

The reporter says night. The babysitter says 11:45am. Do we have the babysitter anywhere saying night?

No, I agree and I'm not trying re-hash that. I'm just worried about people using what she has stated for investigative purposes when she has contradicted herself.

Each of us can take whatever useful information we can glean from what the babysitter tells us happened, and we can each judge which info is useful, and which isn't.

It's fine to discuss the value of the information, but let's all rise above using disparaging language when we do discuss it.

Sound good?

I've only found one news article with the babysitter giving a date. If anyone finds another, can you please let me know?

Thanks!

Just from what she said on NG that I know of.

GRACE: And what time of the day or night was it that you went to the hotel?

ANALISA: I got to the hotel at around 11:45 in the morning.

GRACE: At 11:45 in the morning. And you believe this was the 20th, the 19th or 20th?

ANALISA: Yes, I do.

I’m not sure if this belongs here entirely, b/c I am touching upon timelines and other topics that could go in other threads, but my main subject is the babysitter date, so I’ll start here.

I’m stuck on the date of AU’s babysitting – Dec. 21 or Dec. 23. The reason I’m stuck on it is primarily the phone conversation with a woman AU reported on hearing after EJ returned in which EJ is reported to have said “what am I supposed to do? Just go back?”
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../19/ng.01.html

I believe this set in motion EJ’s “Plan B” which I don’t think she hatched right then and there in San Antonio, but had in her back pocket, in case her “Plan A” didn’t work out. Plan A I believe was giving Gabriel to the Smiths.

IMO, this phone call closed the door on Plan A for EJ. I think she was talking to TS and TS told her that LM didn’t bite – that is, it didn’t appear he was going to terminate his parental rights. Others have put forth similar thoughts regarding EJ having had multiple options.

Back to the babysitter (that is, after all, this thread’s topic), MOO, the meeting EJ needed a babysitter for was part of her Plan B. She had found someone, maybe HG, through the internet or another way that she believed she could sell Gabriel to if the need arose. IMO she set up a meeting just in case.

Snipped from:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4846177&postcount=12"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elizabeth Hiring a Babysitter[/ame]

GRACE: When she finally returned, did she say she would or would not need you back as a baby-sitter?

ANALISA: When I asked her if she would need me again, she said that she wasn`t sure because she didn`t know what she was going to do next with her life.

GRACE: When she came back, was she in a better mood?

ANALISA: Yes, she was in a much better mood.

GRACE: Did she look the same as when she left? I mean, did she still have on the same outfit? Was her hair the same?

ANALISA: Yes, she looked the same when she came back, just much happier.

From this I get that she was happy with the meeting and felt like options were available to her, but still hadn’t figured out exactly what to do.

IMO, the phone call came after that, and then she decided to go with Plan B.

AU babysitting on Dec. 21 gives EJ a couple more days to make Plan B happen. It just makes more sense to me. Her actions after that seem consistent with this.

Sorry this is rambling…trying to get it out there but am also collecting all thoughts and piecing together timeframe to make it more coherent.

Anyone else have thoughts on the date?

I’m not sure if this belongs here entirely, b/c I am touching upon timelines and other topics that could go in other threads, but my main subject is the babysitter date, so I’ll start here.

I’m stuck on the date of AU’s babysitting – Dec. 21 or Dec. 23. The reason I’m stuck on it is primarily the phone conversation with a woman AU reported on hearing after EJ returned in which EJ is reported to have said “what am I supposed to do? Just go back?”
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../19/ng.01.html

I believe this set in motion EJ’s “Plan B” which I don’t think she hatched right then and there in San Antonio, but had in her back pocket, in case her “Plan A” didn’t work out. Plan A I believe was giving Gabriel to the Smiths.

IMO, this phone call closed the door on Plan A for EJ. I think she was talking to TS and TS told her that LM didn’t bite – that is, it didn’t appear he was going to terminate his parental rights. Others have put forth similar thoughts regarding EJ having had multiple options.

Back to the babysitter (that is, after all, this thread’s topic), MOO, the meeting EJ needed a babysitter for was part of her Plan B. She had found someone, maybe HG, through the internet or another way that she believed she could sell Gabriel to if the need arose. IMO she set up a meeting just in case.

Snipped from:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elizabeth Hiring a Babysitter

GRACE: When she finally returned, did she say she would or would not need you back as a baby-sitter?

ANALISA: When I asked her if she would need me again, she said that she wasn`t sure because she didn`t know what she was going to do next with her life.

GRACE: When she came back, was she in a better mood?

ANALISA: Yes, she was in a much better mood.

GRACE: Did she look the same as when she left? I mean, did she still have on the same outfit? Was her hair the same?

ANALISA: Yes, she looked the same when she came back, just much happier.

From this I get that she was happy with the meeting and felt like options were available to her, but still hadn’t figured out exactly what to do.

IMO, the phone call came after that, and then she decided to go with Plan B.

AU babysitting on Dec. 21 gives EJ a couple more days to make Plan B happen. It just makes more sense to me. Her actions after that seem consistent with this.

Sorry this is rambling…trying to get it out there but am also collecting all thoughts and piecing together timeframe to make it more coherent.

Anyone else have thoughts on the date?

The timeline of AU babysitting I think is really important. The only video I have seen where AU speaks is the NG show where she said the 19th or 20th..
Now I understand she is young and probably very nervous....surely she couldn't forget the date she was there...would you think ???...thats' why any date after that, that has been reported by the other reporters/media just doesn't seem to fit. This is just where I am stumped.

The timeline of AU babysitting I think is really important. The only video I have seen where AU speaks is the NG show where she said the 19th or 20th..
Now I understand she is young and probably very nervous....surely she couldn't forget the date she was there...would you think ???...thats' why any date after that, that has been reported by the other reporters/media just doesn't seem to fit. This is just where I am stumped.

It's frustrating b/c it doesn't seem like the date would be that hard to confirm or remember. Maybe for an 18-year old girl it is - been a long time since I was that age...but I'd think there'd be some way to pin down that date.

All she has to do is look at her cell phone bill records. Then, she would know. That is why it is very odd she does not know the exact date.

When I was 18, that would of not been a problem to do.

All she has to do is look at her cell phone bill records. Then, she would know. That is why it is very odd she does not know the exact date.

When I was 18, that would of not been a problem to do.

Good point...there are clearly ways that we should be able to find out the exact date!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back