Elizabeth Taylor on LKL 5/30/06

I thought Liz looked wonderful!

It is a sickening shame what these tabloids are allowed to say.

IMO

Ocean

AlwaysShocked said:
I also am a longtime fan of La Liz. Glad she had the gumption and the wherewithal to make the LKL appearance, which I missed! Hope it is on over the weekend!

In regard to how people age - I know several folks in their late 70's who are still skiing! But I really don't think that is the norm. Surely a history of booze and pill abuse would not be a positive contribution to anyone's physical or mental well being.

There is a difference between Alzheimers and senility (senile dementia). There are also other forms of dementia - such as vascular dementia, to name a common one - other than Alzheimers and senile dementia.

Some of the effects are similar, others are different.

In any case - I guess it just goes to show you can't believe EVERYTHING you read in the tabloids. (But I do tend to believe a lot of it!)

My father in law is 84. He still puts up fence lines on his farm. My mother in law is 80 and she still babysits 3 of her grandchildren from the age of 2 years old to 6. lol They both work their huge yard together. They amazes me at their fortitude.

Now my grandmother is 94! Still has her own place.....no assistance from anyone. Sharp as a tack. In fact she sits for the "elderly" in nursing homes and hospitals and they are younger than she is....she always said her good health was from good clean living, God....eating proper diet and taking care of oneself and by all means educating the mind at all times no matter the age.

IMO

Ocean

My BF's mom is 88 and still gets on her John Deere and mows her threee acres. His GM lived until 94 and was still shooting squirrels out of the trees. He grew up in a small town and has some have some strong Czech genes. I'm a city girl and not used to all that hard labor, yard work , etc.. LOL He's 20 yrs. older than me and will probably outlive me.

I noticed the shaking too. Seemed like it could be sympton of Parkinson.I think she may have been sarcastic when she said her eyes were red as in Blood shot maybe?
Amy

Pharlap said:
I watched...
She didn't seem to be herself from just a couple of years ago.
My mom's 91 and sharp as a tack..

Her hand seemed to be trembling....
Maybe it was just me that noticed it.
She could have an early stage of
Parkinson's disease, just a guess thou...

Did anyone catch when Larry asked what color her eyes were?
She said red, Larry joking a bit said RED!
And again with a straight face, Liz said yes red...;)

Was nice to see her.

dottierainbow said:
I noticed the shaking too. Seemed like it could be sympton of Parkinson.I think she nmay have been sarcastic when she said her eyes were red as in Blood shot maybe?
Amy

I agree about the eye color being a sarcastic comment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back