Ellen Greenberg, 27, 26Jan2011 Philadelphia. Suicide or homicide? Parents want case revisited

Discussion in 'Crimes That Should Be In The News' started by elmomom, May 14, 2019.

1. elmomom

elmomom I may lean, but I sit on a fence

MicheleT and Sprockett7701 like this.
  2. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

I tried to research this sad case. The thing that stands out to me is why she would ever kill herself in so gruesome a manner when it was stated she was taking ambien? I would think it would be much easier to fill a prescription and take all 30 at once...wouldn't that do it? I believe that would be easier than stabbing yourself the way it is claimed she did. So odd. Beautiful woman with so much to offer.

elmomom likes this.
  3. elmomom

elmomom I may lean, but I sit on a fence

From the sounds of it, her computer and belongings were never secured by LE, making it possible that someone could plant evidence if they wanted to cover up her murder.
    I agree that this would not be a very likely way for a woman to kill herself. Along with the fact that there were stab wounds to the back of her neck? Sounds almost impossible!

kirkassoc likes this.
  4. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

wow.

I think so very many families and loved ones don't and won't accept their friend or family member has killed themselves, no matter the evidence.

Having said that, however, LE is fallible. Mistakes are made, sadly. People are bribed, sadly. Innocent people are in prison, wrong MODs are certainly listed on some certificates of death, mistakes ARE made.

The challenge is money, resources, skill, maybe even some luck at some point. And then accepting what you find. Perhaps accepting you may never know for certain.

But having that doubt... I can't imagine living with that...